Forums

Can We Talk About MTX Now?

Quick find code: 15-16-560-66286770

Mixed Slush

Mixed Slush

Posts: 299 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
Blame the gold farmers. In a way, Jagex was forced to go the way of MTX. Maybe we should go back to trade limits again. Which was Andrew's idea. It lost a lot of members. But back in the years 2008 to 2011, the game did force players to diy skills.

No. Jagex could've banned gold sellers and cheaters and just had a fair game, but they're so bad at game making that they got rid of the gowers rules about not using real money to progress in a game. So from that point on they're not a game. Telling people oo ignore it... ignore what? That the games been taken over by complete idiots? Well Jagex how about you ignore everyone not buying you and getting closed down.

13-Sep-2023 17:37:41

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,676 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mixed Slush said :
CaptKoloth said :
Blame the gold farmers. In a way, Jagex was forced to go the way of MTX. Maybe we should go back to trade limits again. Which was Andrew's idea. It lost a lot of members. But back in the years 2008 to 2011, the game did force players to diy skills.

No. Jagex could've banned gold sellers and cheaters and just had a fair game, but they're so bad at game making that they got rid of the gowers rules about not using real money to progress in a game. So from that point on they're not a game. Telling people oo ignore it... ignore what? That the games been taken over by complete idiots? Well Jagex how about you ignore everyone not buying you and getting closed down.

Andrew did bail out of control, along with his brothers. It was a hard decision. Things were really bad when they brought back free trade. It was a vote made by the players. I could see why Andrew bailed out of the situation. I blame a lot of it on the players. Not the owners. The main base, of the players, want easy leveling, easy advantage over bosses. Obtaining goals without really working for them. That was not the game. The game was about building character. Going on adventures. Working hard to obtain goals. Which included, at times, boring grinding. I honestly believe the main base of the players wanted the easy. Hey look how people complain about the nerfs in Necromancer.

13-Sep-2023 18:10:43 - Last edited on 13-Sep-2023 18:12:08 by CaptKoloth

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex's MTX problems aren't predatory but pay to win.

Except real world partnership MTX that must be bought with real world cash or items/services, almost all in game items can be earned in their Runescape games.

The real problem with pay to win. We can pay to buy bonds and instantly get endgame gear, or max a skill like Herblore within a day.

13-Sep-2023 19:24:23

Mixed Slush

Mixed Slush

CaptKoloth said :
Mixed Slush said :
CaptKoloth said :

Andrew did bail out of control, along with his brothers. It was a hard decision. Things were really bad when they brought back free trade. It was a vote made by the players. I could see why Andrew bailed out of the situation. I blame a lot of it on the players. Not the owners. The main base, of the players, want easy leveling, easy advantage over bosses. Obtaining goals without really working for them. That was not the game. The game was about building character. Going on adventures. Working hard to obtain goals. Which included, at times, boring grinding. I honestly believe the main base of the players wanted the easy. Hey look how people complain about the nerfs in Necromancer.

Oh really. He was an 18 Yr old autistic kid who made.a game and the fucking banks came along and scared him and stole his game and now it's owned by the carlyle.group who can steal your accounts all day and have bots rwt all day and funnily enough the banks dgaf?

*Deep breath* Are y'all okay?

13-Sep-2023 21:41:06

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Mixed Slush said :
And just to add what you honestly think doesn't matter.
Q

Truth is Andrew got tired and Runescape got too big. Andrew and his family were brilliant and created a wonderful game. Even with the added crap, I can find ways to enjoy the game. I certainly do not bother with the power crap and still can maintain a maxed account. Problem is people wanted stuff, from the game they didn't deserve. Being purchased by a huge money management company is just the state of the times. It is a shame Andrew couldn't keep control over the game. But players got angry, with him, over his decision to limit trade. From then on, the game was never the same.

Watch the video 15 Years of Adventure. It pretty much showed what happened with Andrew and his family. Plus the story of the game to that point. The player base always expected a lot.

13-Sep-2023 22:58:48 - Last edited on 13-Sep-2023 23:07:07 by CaptKoloth

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Mixed Slush said :
CaptKoloth said :
Mixed Slush said :
CaptKoloth said :

Oh really. He was an 18 Yr old autistic kid who made.a game and the fucking banks came along and scared him and stole his game and now it's owned by the carlyle.group who can steal your accounts all day and have bots rwt all day and funnily enough the banks dgaf?

*Deep breath* Are y'all okay?

You account share to get a fire cape, you loose your account.

13-Sep-2023 23:15:50

Mixed Slush

Mixed Slush

U can do jad easily in legacy. You get a ring too from karamja tasks or some shit. You can use a crystal bow actually. Brew up with potions you made yourself. And then u just have to prayer switch when he bangs his hands and bobs his head and apparently there's noise and I think I might habenturned my sound on for that because unlike mtx you can toggle that shit off. And the fight kiln is quite easy Castle wars did a guide and runeshark and the eoc aids quest just ice batage it.
But then after that ul die anyway cos Saradomin is an evil god and makes you play eoc so no point.

13-Sep-2023 23:37:31

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Mixed Slush said :
U can do jad easily in legacy. You get a ring too from karamja tasks or some shit. You can use a crystal bow actually. Brew up with potions you made yourself. And then u just have to prayer switch when he bangs his hands and bobs his head and apparently there's noise and I think I might habenturned my sound on for that because unlike mtx you can toggle that shit off. And the fight kiln is quite easy Castle wars did a guide and runeshark and the eoc aids quest just ice batage it.
But then after that ul die anyway cos Saradomin is an evil god and makes you play eoc so no point.

lmao Kiln is easier than Fight Cave. As for Castle Wars, don't mess with Saradomin, Zamorak is a twit.

14-Sep-2023 00:45:01

H 1 L D A
Apr Member 2020

H 1 L D A

Posts: 1,666 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you have no problems with people purchasing Bonds with RSGP, you should also have no problems with people buying TH keys or RuneCoins because Bonds can be redeemed for those items...

Let's go over the uses of Bonds and I'll explain how they are harmful to the game one at a time.

1. Bonds being sold for RSPG (roughly 70m per at the time of writing - RSWiki)

Bonds literally print currency into the game, which induces inflation. Depending on who you may ask (I don't personally fall into this category) having game-changing amounts of wealth from the sale of a singular bond dilutes the true RuneScape experience of resource management and fiscal growth. Finally, GP gives players the advantage over poorer players when it comes to skills with buyable aspects.
The positive is a strong, yet unfortunate one - that people who sell bonds for GP avoid gold farmers who are less than ideal to do business with.

2. Bonds being redeemed for membership.

The most positive use of this item in the game, allowing for players to access all of the game's content without having to pay real world currency to do so, making RuneScape one of the most accessible games out there.

3. Bonds being redeemed for RuneCoins.

Objectively, there are some Solomon's Store items that are undeniably pay-to-win in nature, such as bank boosters or the item that makes capping at your clans citadel faster a thing.
For the most part though, Solomon's Store offers harmless cosmetic products that are perfectly fine to monetize without causing any direct harm to the game itself.
The Marketplace outside of Solomon's has the same dynamic, at least when Runecoins are the specified currency.

(cont.)
Quest Cape Owner since 2021

Maxed
- July 31st, 2022

14-Sep-2023 00:48:50

Quick find code: 15-16-560-66286770 Back to Top