Quick find code: 15-16-560-66286770

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,211 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
^^
110,462,484 total subscription revenues from 1.1 million members:

110,462,484 / 1.1 million = $100 or an average of $8.3 per member per month, compared to regular subscription rate of $12.5 a month.

Obviously, majority of the paid members took advantage of deep discounts subscription offers, and Premier Club membership comes to mind easily.

Now, assuming we didn't have MTX, then we definitely wouldn't have TH keys, Premier Reward Tokens, Hero Pass/Yak Tracks among other SGS cosmetics and aura in our Premier Club offer. Do you honestly think we would still have 1.1 million "subscribers"? :D

Most (75-80%) of subscription would be from OSRS would it not? They don't have any of the MXT you mentioned or are you saying people only play on RS3 because of MXT?

If we had less staff working on MXT and more working on real content updates, we might have more than 1.1 m subs.

Edit: That don't even take into account people who only pay grandfather rate of £3.20.

22-Sep-2023 02:50:14 - Last edited on 22-Sep-2023 02:56:20 by Mini JIT

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Mini JIT

"110,462,484 total subscription revenues from 1.1 million members:

110,462,484 / 1.1 million = $100 or an average of $8.3 per member per month, compared to regular subscription rate of $12.5 a month."

It is far more logical to believe most of the 1.1 millions members bought the 12 month Premier Club package (about $7.5 per month), of course with all the MTX RS3 goodies, compared to paying $12.5 for monthly OSRS membership.

22-Sep-2023 03:11:38 - Last edited on 22-Sep-2023 03:16:25 by Dilbert2001

H 1 L D A
Apr Member 2020

H 1 L D A

Posts: 1,666 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Premier Club is a fun topic, let's go there next.

> PC allows me to purchase "bulk membership" without having a recurring transaction to worry about. I can buy in for a year, and for that year, I'm a member and I don't need to worry about financial upkeep until it comes time to renew PC.

The funny thing about that, is that it says absolutely nothing about its value from things like auras or cosmetic items or the premier token or the VIP worlds or a dumb chat badge that serves as nothing but an irl wealth flex.

You could make Premier just 12 months of membership, and I'm paying for it. Would save your graphics team some unnecessary work, no?
Quest Cape Owner since 2021

Maxed
- July 31st, 2022

22-Sep-2023 23:43:10

Mixed Slush

Mixed Slush

Posts: 299 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Premier club would obviously be more attractive without any of that mtx crap in it. It's obviously cheaper than membership if you're not grandfathered but obviously everyone on earth hates mtx so wouldn't bother.

I could obviously get members free now off someone else's amazon prime but I'd rather die than play a.game with mtx.

Why would anyone support a company of.grown men who took over a game, ruined it and added mtx including lootboxes allowing children to use them? Even now they're meant to be for 16 year olds unless they have parents permission in UK.

So who will now get blamed for problems caused by lootboxes? Jagex? No. Parents will be blamed by schools and social services for allowing their children under 18 to play.

I hope Jagex are proud of themselves.

There was never any need.

They disgust me.

23-Sep-2023 07:09:25

Mixed Slush

Mixed Slush

And well done to everyone in the runescape community who has spoken up for 11 years about the harm being caused to children and vulnerable adults by jagex selling lootboxes as it's obvious parents need to add games with predatory lootboxes to things they need to protect children from, such as drugs and paedophiles. Hope Jagex are very proud to be on those lists.

23-Sep-2023 08:14:26

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

The great thing about Hero Pass is there is no "loot boxes" or other RNG features that necessitate a ban to players under 18 and/or those reside in certain countries like Belgium and Netherland. Hero Pass is no Raffle, Contest, or Giveaways that give out real world prize/cash and require a membership or other payment to participate.

23-Sep-2023 17:20:16

Mixed Slush

Mixed Slush

There's nothing good about finding other ways to give people the absolute vile junk that's been put on mtx that has nothing to do with the game. The eye sore cosmetics, the teleport spell animations, the free xp til everyone is 200m xp everything with banks overflowing with rares that no one ever wanted.

And while we're on the subject of lootboxes being harmful, how do you all.feel now? Those of you who spoke up for them? Those of you that silenced us who spoke out against them?

Yeah, you messed up Jagex. You were wrong. You stole my account for standing up to children.

Do you feel bad? No? Psychopaths don't.

But keep saying you're listening when you've still got lootboxes in your game.

It's not okay.

23-Sep-2023 21:05:41

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

It is absolutely great that in game items/services that could only be obtained with MTX previously being obtainable without MTX and only playing the game now via content like Yak Track/Hero Pass.

Imagine we could obtain Purple Skin in Hero Pass in the future? it would be an absolute blessing.

23-Sep-2023 21:19:39

Quick find code: 15-16-560-66286770 Back to Top