Forums

He/Him- She/Her- They/Them Thread is locked

Quick find code: 15-16-468-66276869

JOSH OF OHIO

JOSH OF OHIO

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Only reason I say political BS is we are playing a game that is supposed to be from another world but the game developers let stuff from our world change the way they make content and it just kills immersion. I could care less about what some one wants to do with there life but why does it have to be brought in to our games?

24-Mar-2023 02:06:00

Webmaster453
Aug Member 2021

Webmaster453

Posts: 2,727 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JOSH OF OHIO said :
Only reason I say political BS is we are playing a game that is supposed to be from another world but the game developers let stuff from our world change the way they make content and it just kills immersion. I could care less about what some one wants to do with there life but why does it have to be brought in to our games?
Nothing has changed. The makeover mage has been in the game since the beginning or a least RS2.

It's not like you control your real body by clicking. Immersion isn't a real thing besides maybe VR.

24-Mar-2023 04:44:44

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,469 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JOSH OF OHIO said :
I could care less about what some one wants to do with there life but why does it have to be brought in to our games?

By which you really mean YOUR games.

You're just salty because the devs introduced something that you, personally, do not like, and you just don't give a damn whether it's important for other people or not. That says more about you than about Jagex, frankly.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

24-Mar-2023 07:21:37

A  Cole
Nov Member 2003

A  Cole

Posts: 14,761 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
JOSH OF OHIO said :
1. There's nothing political about the way someone defines themselves.

2. RS arguably has more real world things in game than fantasy things. There are items such as needles, vials, seeds and diamonds; NPCs such as cows, men/women, and kings; environmental things such as trees, cities, oceans and ships; Quests that have been inspired by other real world things, such as Romeo and Juliet (albeit no longer in RS3, but now an alternative based on the story) and Bar Crawl. Why do these not break the immersion for you?

3. "I could care less" - so you really care about it in real life as well as in game?

Based on your argument, I believe you mean "I could
not
care less".

4. Gender has always been a part of RS. Why do you think it's only just come into the game?

~A~

24-Mar-2023 09:48:38

Immortalized
Mar Member 2006

Immortalized

Posts: 34,072 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
it is pointless to include their pronouns in the journal. they could simply just refer to the person with the correct pronoun when addressing them. they already do this for aster. so maybe political is not the right way to caricaturize what this truly is, but it is certainly a push for something that is really not necessary in any way and reflects some controversial trends in the real world (political to some). if you agree with it that's fine, no one is bashing you for it, but acting oblivious and pretending it's not something that is controversial is just bad faith posting. it is clear the stance of the person who made the update and I am sure they are not surprised to hear it has alienated some people and bothered them to see something like that promoted in the game when it really has no purpose and has never existed for 22 years. Buy Zemomarks / Chromatic Partyhats safely here

Migrating to Discord per forum shutdown: https://discord.gg/nTVk7RRzq4

24-Mar-2023 16:08:51

JOSH OF OHIO

JOSH OF OHIO

You are right Immortalized that is a better way of stating it. I'm just torn right now because I love the game but if all the future updates are going to follow the same path I and about 40 of my in-game friends will windup leaving the game.

24-Mar-2023 22:26:21

JOSH OF OHIO

JOSH OF OHIO

You are right Immortalized that is a better way of stating it. I'm just torn right now because I love the game but if all the future updates are going to follow the same path I and about 40 of my in-game friends will windup leaving the game.

24-Mar-2023 22:26:23

Webmaster453
Aug Member 2021

Webmaster453

Posts: 2,727 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Immortalized said :
it is pointless to include their pronouns in the journal. they could simply just refer to the person with the correct pronoun when addressing them. they already do this for aster. so maybe political is not the right way to caricaturize what this truly is, but it is certainly a push for something that is really not necessary in any way and reflects some controversial trends in the real world (political to some). if you agree with it that's fine, no one is bashing you for it, but acting oblivious and pretending it's not something that is controversial is just bad faith posting. it is clear the stance of the person who made the update and I am sure they are not surprised to hear it has alienated some people and bothered them to see something like that promoted in the game when it really has no purpose and has never existed for 22 years.
You're the very first person to say it's controversial instead of political. We're not mind readers that can interpret poor writing. It shouldn't be any more controversial than Charos being black.

Why is this controversial while the makeover mage consistently changing genders as an idle animation isn't? They've been in the game for 22 years.

25-Mar-2023 00:42:47 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2023 00:45:06 by Webmaster453

Quick find code: 15-16-468-66276869 Back to Top