Forums

He/Him- She/Her- They/Them Thread is locked

Quick find code: 15-16-468-66276869

Webmaster453
Aug Member 2021

Webmaster453

Posts: 2,727 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Immortalized said :
I don't owe you an answer. I never said it was political. I said millions of people consider it political, hence their reaction as seen in this thread. I, like many, realize this fact and can see where people are coming from. You seem to miss this and dance around with irrelevant tangents. If you care, ask someone who claimed it was political. Maybe they can enlighten you, but you certainly do not give off the vibe of someone acting in good faith and ready to listen.

The makeover mage uses magic to transform into another physical sex. We are talking about NPCs' pronouns being provided in a book. I do no see the relation once again.
You're such a hypocrite. Good faith discussions both sides answer questions. You've been bad faith this entire time.

https://runescape.wiki/w/Transcript:Chaotic_chat,_family_trouble_and_secrets_revealed!#2

PS. My name is Pete, or Peta, depending on my mood.

The Makeover mage wants their name gendered so that's almost exactly the same as gendered pronouns.

25-Mar-2023 04:21:23

Immortalized
Mar Member 2006

Immortalized

Posts: 34,072 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Whether or not I consider it political is irrelevant. Millions of people do, hence the reaction of people in this thread. You made the assumption that I consider it political and got overemotional and aggressive demanding I answer why it is. You can call me bad faith all you want, I don't care, I'm just explaining how the world works since you seem suspiciously surprised to discover people care about these things that you seem to consider uncontroversial.

I think that the Makeover mage changing name with sex makes perfect sense and don't really see any reason someone would be upset by a hypothetical preferred pronoun for them, since the pronoun would reflect their current form. That is a different situation than, for example, an NPC with a male character model having a blurb under their name to let you know their pronouns are "he/him/they."
Buy Zemomarks / Chromatic Partyhats safely here

Migrating to Discord per forum shutdown: https://discord.gg/nTVk7RRzq4

25-Mar-2023 04:28:31

Webmaster453
Aug Member 2021

Webmaster453

Controversial and Political aren't synonyms. I have never said it's not controversial and have merely stated it shouldn't be controversial. You don't know how the world works because you don't know how simple reading works and your delusional silent majority isn't real.

Are you the topic creator? What exactly are they complaining about?

25-Mar-2023 04:36:34

Immortalized
Mar Member 2006

Immortalized

So "silent majority" typically refers to a political group. I think this proves you're not acting in good faith here, you clearly understand this is a political thing and know exactly the sides of the debate to say something like that. Take the flame bait elsewhere I'm not engaging in petty comments about my reading ability.

Simple reading suggests they are complaining about NPCs having pronouns explicitly provided to us...

25-Mar-2023 04:42:02

Webmaster453
Aug Member 2021

Webmaster453

Immortalized said :
So "silent majority" typically refers to a political group. I think this proves you're not acting in good faith here, you clearly understand this is a political thing and know exactly the sides of the debate to say something like that. Take the flame bait elsewhere I'm not engaging in petty comments about my reading ability.

Simple reading suggests they are complaining about NPCs having pronouns explicitly provided to us...
No, it refers to a delusion not a real group. There's people with different pronouns than birth like Blaire White and Contrapoints on the political spectrum and thus is not political. Racists are all on the right now but that doesn't make being Black political.

The original post doesn't even have proper grammar. That doesn't answer what exactly they're complaining about. Do all the NPCs in the new quest have pronouns?

25-Mar-2023 04:48:56

Immortalized
Mar Member 2006

Immortalized

Blatantly political and bigot post. Not engaging in that.

All of the suspects in the new quest have preferred pronouns. Your rune metrics indicates you haven't even started the quest, perhaps you should actually engage with the content people are discussing before commenting about it?

25-Mar-2023 04:53:55

Webmaster453
Aug Member 2021

Webmaster453

Immortalized said :
Blatantly political and bigot post. Not engaging in that.

All of the suspects in the new quest have preferred pronouns. Your rune metrics indicates you haven't even started the quest, perhaps you should actually engage with the content people are discussing before commenting about it?
Wait so a murder mystery where you're interviewing people has preferred pronouns?

LA noire had people say if they're Miss or Mrs. and no one complained about that. This all points to you being a bigot and not me.

25-Mar-2023 05:03:12

Webmaster453
Aug Member 2021

Webmaster453

Immortalized said :
Not sure how we are meant to engage in any meaningful discourse when you are not even familiar with the topic.
You're not a mind reader. Many people have already implied the topic creator just posted this on a free to play account because they're a bigot.

25-Mar-2023 05:13:06

Quick find code: 15-16-468-66276869 Back to Top