Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

The contents of this message have been hidden

19-Dec-2018 14:06:28

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
If I don't' give something to my children, I wouldn't give it to another. It's just a bad situation when people leave huge amounts of or give a huge amount of crap food to children - if you don't allow your own children certain stuff don't give it to other children, have the same respect for them or the same morels or whatever the reason is you have towards your children.

I wouldn't leave mushrooms for people, for one.

For two, that does not address what I said whatsoever. Fact is, it's dangerous to accept, and eat, food from total strangers who just left shit at your doorway without your knowledge, and even then I'd be sketch what with all the package thieves running around nowadays.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

19-Dec-2018 14:18:34

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've been ready for Christmas for ages. Posted all my cards a few weeks ago, all the food and beverages are safely squirrelled away for the festive period and my Christmas Jumper is in the wardrobe awaiting its debut.

It all became so excellently uncomplicated and enjoyable once I'd told everyone I was no longer buying presents for anyone and to not buy me or the Ole Man anything.

There were one or two raised eyebrows and a tut-tut but generally they all took it on the chin. They're probably relieved to have two less people on their lists to buy for.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

19-Dec-2018 15:48:01

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I used to give cash or vouchers for shops. But when they opened them the sad faces were not nice to see.

So now and for the next few years everyone in the family gets gifts hand picked by me. It's so much fun really and I enjoy it.

I did start a few months back listing things to buy. Then started buying. Last gifts arrived this morning. 1 is totally rubbish trust me to buy junk. So it's binned. Also left a bad review on Amazon. The reviews all said it was nice and gave it 5 star. I suspect fake so report it to Amazon too.

Should be a good year. Fingers crossed.
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

19-Dec-2018 15:58:15

Wynd

Wynd

Posts: 60,600 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am also ready for Christmas. Some packages are due to arrive by this weekend, so that's perfect. Other than that, everything else is prepared for! "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." RIP, RSOFs <3.

19-Dec-2018 15:59:50

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm strapped in for Christmas as well. Got my gifts for everyone set. "Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

19-Dec-2018 16:02:18

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mmmm. I just decided it had all gotten out of hand over the years. All the friends I used to buy for had kids which I then used to buy for as well but now they're now grown ups with kids of their own (mostly) so that's another generation .... people I barely know and rarely see but it's been expected every year out of the habit of decades.

Most of my close family were older than me so are no longer here, it seemed bizarre to be spending so much time (not to mention cash) on these far-flung people. So I've put a stop to it, lol.

Conversation with one long time friend: "I won't be buying Christmas presents for you any more. Or your kids, Jack and Jill, or their kids either. Don't buy me anything".

"But we've always bought each other presents!!!!" *shocked silence*

"No, I've always bought you, your kids and your grandkids presents. They've never even sent me a card and I never see them. So I'm not prepared to spend the time and money any more. Sorry, nothing personal I'm doing the same for everyone".

....*dialling tone*....

So, not much of a friend, after all, lol.

Having applied my decision without exception the ensuing feedback will no doubt be ...... interesting.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

19-Dec-2018 16:31:08

Daibhi

Daibhi

Posts: 1,176 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Mmmm. I just decided it had all gotten out of hand over the years. All the friends I used to buy for had kids which I then used to buy for as well but now they're now grown ups with kids of their own (mostly) so that's another generation .... people I barely know and rarely see but it's been expected every year out of the habit of decades.

Similar situation but the opposite (which it sounds like you'd likely prefer haha), due to my TBI I don't feel whatever it is compels people to buy others gifts (so much so I don't have a clue what it is). The entirety of my life I have never bought anyone anything because of that, so it's expected that I won't buy anyone anything at this point because it's been like that for so long heh.

It's a strange benefit from something I'll have for the rest of my life, but I'll take it haha.

19-Dec-2018 16:36:10

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top