General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,238 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yusou Bhoroi said :
Loki said :
As some may know, I recently temporarily moved to the UK... and there's been so many Christmas things happening around here, it's crazy! Never saw anything like this back in Australia. Anyway, a few people mentioned to me that I'm not allowed in the UK unless a buy a Christmas chocolate advent calendar, so I'm a little late, but ended up buying one for my partner and myself...

Am I British enough yet?!

I told Immigration that you were late doing this, and they're comming to pick you up.

Hope you're enjoying your stay, though. : )
Funny you mention immigration....

The night I arrived at Heathrow airport, I was put into the 'box of shame' as the officer called it with a smile on his face and told to wait, as I had documents proving I'm a tri-citizen, but he had apparently not heard of that and thought it was fake documents.... I waited around an hour with several officers questioning me about what I was doing, my birth, my mothers birthplace, etc... finally resulted with a "Welcome back home, but please apply for a British passport before you travel again. We won't allow you to leave the UK without one", and they refused to stamp my Australian passport with an 'indefinate visa'..... so yeah, am kind of trapped in the UK at the moment, can't make a bank account or get some NI number the UK requires... tried several ways to contact and get the required things, but everyone tells me to call this person or that person. My biggest issue is getting a countersigner with a British passport so I can get one lol.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

15-Dec-2018 11:47:32

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ohmygosh - such bureaucracy!

I'd offer to countersign for you but ehhh, Jagex rules on giving out personal info on their site etc. so no way to organise that.

Have you spoken to the British Embassy at all?

Good luck with it anyway.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

15-Dec-2018 12:02:52

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Tuffty said :
Aorox have you seen any Snow yet??

Thats the big question.
No but a truck driving in front of me last night was spraying salt into the windscreen of our car....

Still no snow to be seen in London or Cambridge...
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

15-Dec-2018 12:11:42

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

FiFi LaFeles said :

I'd offer to countersign for you but ehhh, Jagex rules on giving out personal info on their site etc. so no way to organise that.

Yeah an RS friend has offered to meet up irl and do sign it, but who knows when since they're very very busy.

And I went to the UK passport office yesterday and they were basically like 'send an application online, even if incomplete, pay the 90 pound fee and we may issue you with one" and then told me to leave the building. I went to the Australian High Commission in London and they were like "You're in a pickle" and then just handed me some brochures on how to apply for a British passport.

Kind of shitty having tri-citizenship (Aus/NZ/UK) and getting no help lol
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

15-Dec-2018 12:13:50

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

One of the major things is that the UK makes it so hard to create a bank account here.... requiring all these official documents and proofs of address, yet every instance of my address I have they don't accept, so I'm basically carrying around $5000 everyday in my bank until I can create one and bank it >_>
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

15-Dec-2018 12:15:28

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :

I have an idea...
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

15-Dec-2018 13:12:34

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top