Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Spearmint30
Apr Member 2012

Spearmint30

Posts: 23,361 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
Sorry, not sure why my phone is often doing these double, triple posts - it's bloody annoying.
In my experience, it's a side-effect of latency and(/or) multiple taps, presses, or clicks on the device in question. I've been working on a private message system on one of my personal websites as a just-to-see-if-I-could-do-it project and I get the same things sometimes where I'll accidentally double-send a message while I'm using the system on a mobile device. I can easily reproduce the problem by spam-tapping/clicking the send button before the page reloads and it'll send the message as many times as I tapped/clicked the button, but sometimes I'll get a double-post when I'm sure I tapped/clicked only once.

(Saying tapped/clicked to indicate I'm testing on both mobile and desktop form-factors.) Jeremy Cheng said :
Woot 115 farming in RS3!
Gratz!
Spearmint30

¤
"I wish there was a way to know you were in the good old days before you actually left them."
¤

09-Mar-2020 08:01:50

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Spearmint30 - occasionally I post and I have actually seen the post posted immediately and sometime later in the same RSOF session and come back the next day or hours later to find the post missing, I am pretty sure I have even edited these missing posts. It happened just yesterday, I do know I clicked post and saw it posted it, I can't recall if I saw the post later on the same session - the post was missing when I went back on a different session.

Plus I didn't or don't' tap my phone three or four times...
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

09-Mar-2020 21:15:09 - Last edited on 09-Mar-2020 21:16:24 by Dong U Dead

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top