Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Transcendent

Transcendent

Posts: 35,372 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now to make you feel old, or I guess young depending:

Analog clocks, the ones with hands, are being removed from schools because children today can not tell time with them, they only understand how to read digital clocks with numbers. When asked to tell the time on an analog clock, most children can't.
Hi.

13-Jun-2018 22:55:20

Jaberwockish

Jaberwockish

Posts: 840 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Transcendent said :
Now to make you feel old, or I guess young depending:

Analog clocks, the ones with hands, are being removed from schools because children today can not tell time with them, they only understand how to read digital clocks with numbers. When asked to tell the time on an analog clock, most children can't.

And how are they going to lean without them. It's like those parents that would rather have a popular game removed than teach their child/ren limits, discipline.

I wonder what this generation of kids are going to grow up like, all you see is kids on devices. Yound kids with pc's already in there bedroom. Out and about kids on tablets or phones, to keep them amused I suppose? Trips in cars kids most probably have devices instead of playing car games. Hopefully it's less than what I see. But I do wonder want our young children are going to grow up like or what that generations going to be called.

13-Jun-2018 23:07:41

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,679 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just watched 30 days of night and the parody movie Epic Movie. Surprised that Danny Huston was the main vampire, last I saw him was in Wonder Woman as the fake Ares. Epic Movie wasn't that great but apparently I saw the R rated version. Will watch the straight to DVD movie 30 days of night dark days next week.

14-Jun-2018 04:12:05

Niick
Jul Member 2023

Niick

Posts: 1,158 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
So what do you do with yourself if you're not gaming often Nick? You must have plenty of time on your hands now ^_^

I do have plenty of time on my hand. Honestly, I do nothing now. I thought summer was going to be fun but it's not. My friends are getting jobs and are too busy to hangout and I'm just stuck in a cycle of staying up till 5-6am and waking up at 2-3pm.
Dong U Dead said :
Scouse said :
Niick wears a watch on his hand?

I wear mine on my wrist!

Much Love

He's special ^_^

Funny Scouse haha and thank you dong!

14-Jun-2018 06:24:54

Niick
Jul Member 2023

Niick

Posts: 1,158 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I feel like I've lived my whole Runescape life as a lie. The friend I first met on this game when I started playing again back in 2014 is not the person they portrayed themselves to be. Things didn't add up for what they were saying recently and I had to call them out on it. Truth be told, they came clean. The sad part about this was that I trusted this person.

If you guys don't know, I stopped playing this game around September (2017). I gave some of my friends some money and all but for this person, I gave them a fair amount of money on this game. it was around 6.2b to be exact. It was an h'ween set, santa hat, max cash, and 80M shards. Why did I do this? Idk but this friend was a good friend to me and a nice person to talk to.

Finding out that this person is not the person who they said they were, and in fact, was the complete opposite of what they've portrayed themselves to be for the past 4 years of our friendship is getting to me.

I chose to give this person 6b and thats my choice so its fine and all. What they decided to do with the money is what got to me. This so called best friend said that they lost everything I gave them by trying to anti lure someone. Now this got me extremely mad. Knowing that the money I gave to who I thought was my best friend at the time, is now in the hands of a lurer and its making me furious right now. I could have given that money to people who would have actually used it to their advantage. But I guess this is just my mistake.

Money sure is the root of all evil and can bring out some scary sides of people. I would have never imagined that this friend of mine was into doing stuff like that and it's quite sad. It's my fault and I know it, I shouldn't have given someone who didn't have money like that, that much.

The internet is a scary place and I hope you guys stay safe from people who claim to be someone they are not.

14-Jun-2018 06:42:08

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top