Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Wynd

Wynd

Posts: 60,600 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
I've never understood why some people go to the trouble of making a bunch of alt accounts just to come to the Forums to post multiple gibberish threads. Like, what do they get out of it?

They must have very boring lives.
I never comprehended that either. I'm assuming these individuals do not know the people here so I do not know their purpose. I guess attention.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." RIP, RSOFs <3.

13-Jun-2018 16:19:28

Jaberwockish

Jaberwockish

Posts: 840 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^it will be someone that's known in the forums.

I just dropped a huge bucket of water accidentally all over the floor in the bathroom which came out on to the carpet, also landing on the bottom part of me. It's amazing how much water in a bucket can spread when spilt.

13-Jun-2018 18:12:31

Wynd

Wynd

Posts: 60,600 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jaberwockish said :
Oh, trust me. I know who some of those are and these are well known around here, anyway ;) !

What I meant to say is that, what is the point of doing all of that if you barely know anyone here? Like, what do you gain? That's why I said attention.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." RIP, RSOFs <3.

13-Jun-2018 19:03:00

Jaberwockish

Jaberwockish

Wynd said :
Jaberwockish said :
Oh, trust me. I know who some of those are and these are well known around here, anyway ;) !

What I meant to say is that, what is the point of doing all of that if you barely know anyone here? Like, what do you gain? That's why I said attention.

Just trolling I'm sure. After three attempts they should be banned. If they are toughening up reporting, they should toughen up with these guys. If they come back on alts banned straight away.

I wouldn't have a clue who they are, I couldn't even guess.

13-Jun-2018 21:27:10 - Last edited on 13-Jun-2018 21:30:41 by Jaberwockish

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Twillow said :
in other news, a great auntie turned 87 yesterday and I sent her the courtship letters of her parents from the early 1900s, that I had been given to preserve and transcribe.

Here is the very first one when they were just friends .

Oh wow, that's awesome. I love stuff like this.

I have very few old family letters since most of them could neither read nor write. However, as a small child my Mother had an elderly lady as a friend, called Margaret.

She married and had two sons. She lost her husband in WWI, but later remarried. She lost her second husband and both her sons in WWII.

I have embroidered postcards sent to her from her first husband, from the trenches, in 1917 and letters from her second husband and two sons from their postings in WWII.

She wanted them to not be forgotten so gave them to me, as I was the youngest person she knew at only 10 years old.

Now I am also old and I don't know who to pass them to that will honour them, properly.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

13-Jun-2018 21:44:21

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,500 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :

I have embroidered postcards sent to her from her first husband, from the trenches, in 1917 and letters from her second husband and two sons from their postings in WWII.

She wanted them to not be forgotten so gave them to me, as I was the youngest person she knew at only 10 years old.

Now I am also old and I don't know who to pass them to that will honour them, properly.

That is so cool and to think that, at age 10, she knew you were someone who would honour them properly. I also feel you on who to pass things on to.

I'm trying to little by little pique my nieces' interest in family history, sentimental objects, and such, in hopes that one of the two will want to take care of such things. They giggled at finding out that talking about wisdom tooth extraction was too personal in the early 1900s to talk about with an acquaintance lol. They were also: like, is that cursive writing? how can you read that, auntie twillow?!
@Twillow_RS

For W71 Penguin locations starting January 24, 2024: www.reddit.***/r/W71PenguinWhisperers or @pengwhisper

13-Jun-2018 22:21:21 - Last edited on 13-Jun-2018 22:22:01 by Twillow

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aye. No disrespect to young people but all those I know - if it ain't digital it ain't worth a thing.
I have other documents and some artefacts which I so want to pass on, and be cherished, but am currently at a loss. And time is no longer on my side.

But nil desperandum! Where there's a will there's a way.

That thing with cursive is strange, I only heard about it a few years ago. I must ask someone with youngsters if they still teach it in Brit schools. I hope so, it's so much more ... elegant.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

13-Jun-2018 22:39:40

Jaberwockish

Jaberwockish

FiFi LaFeles said :
Aye. No disrespect to young people but all those I know - if it ain't digital it ain't worth a thing.
I have other documents and some artefacts which I so want to pass on, and be cherished, but am currently at a loss. And time is no longer on my side.

But nil desperandum! Where there's a will there's a way.

That thing with cursive is strange, I only heard about it a few years ago. I must ask someone with youngsters if they still teach it in Brit schools. I hope so, it's so much more ... elegant.

Your daughter or son??

You have many years to go Fifi as it sounds like you live a rather healthy life style.

13-Jun-2018 22:47:44

Jaberwockish

Jaberwockish

FiFi LaFeles said :
And holy crap, just get a JMod to ban that dumbass person's totally dumb ass.
What a freaking waste of FMod's time, not to mention making a mess.
Do a MAC ban pl0x.

There's been one in General, one in Rants and one in Off Topic. I doubt they are the same person, and this isn't including other forums or threads.

13-Jun-2018 22:53:19

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top