Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Molly Weazly
Jul Member 2008

Molly Weazly

Posts: 4,686 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jaberwockish said :

I wonder what this generation of kids are going to grow up like, all you see is kids on devices. Yound kids with pc's already in there bedroom. Out and about kids on tablets or phones, to keep them amused I suppose? Trips in cars kids most probably have devices instead of playing car games. Hopefully it's less than what I see. But I do wonder want our young children are going to grow up like or what that generations going to be called.

Sounds like my kids. My son was one when he learned by watching me how to load games on the Commodore 64. They had their own pcs when they were young, DS' and Gameboys and PS' and Gamecubes. They had a dvd player in the car and we outfitted the car with adapters for their laptops. They had cell phones too. They also had books, lego's, kites, bikes, skates and scooters.

They were straight A students who got scholarships to college, got Bachelor's degrees and became software developers, got jobs and paid off their student loans immediately. My daughter built her own pc from scratch and it's still working 4 years later. They are taxpayers who vote, aren't gender-phobic, aren't racists and don't judge people by their looks or religion.

My point, most kids today will turn out just fine. I don't know why the older generations look down on the younger ones but usually the younger ones do just fine if not better.

14-Jun-2018 18:13:33 - Last edited on 14-Jun-2018 18:14:46 by Molly Weazly

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I didn't have enough money to get my kids 'devices' when they were young.
They bought their own when they were older, out of their paper-round money, lol.
Spookily, they don't do games or anything like that now, haven't done for years. I've no idea why that is. Not even Facebook (thankfully).

Something I saw only last week: in a supermarket car park, I was wheeling the ole trolly back to the car and a young fella was standing next to his motor in the 'Parent & Child' big space. On his phone, totally absorbed. Wandering around in danger's way was a, oh about 4 years old boy, also with a mobile phone similarly oblivious.

Child wandered into the bit where cars come in and out, car had to brake and honk. Daddy yelled at the car driver :|

Ohhhhh-kayyyy
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

14-Jun-2018 23:45:11 - Last edited on 14-Jun-2018 23:45:48 by FiFi LaFeles

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My eldest son brought his pc from after school job too as I couldn't afford one either even though I was working 30 plus hours a week but at minimum wage, it was a great rewarding job though :)

Miss you Josh <3 Wonderful memories xxx you were such a good boy, with such a beautiful heart.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

15-Jun-2018 02:43:52

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When I was out walking with my boys tonight my 8 year old asked if he can take Josh's (brothers) ashes to school to show his friends and I said I'm sorry we can't do that and he said you don't need to open the box it just my friends haven't see a persons ashes. Trying to explain that it isn't very respectful and not very nice for Josh is not easy.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

15-Jun-2018 09:46:43

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top