Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Trewavas said :
All the best, Aslon. WIshing you well. :)

Thank you, Trew. As always, I appreciate your support and well wishes. That goes both ways.

Sorry the next song has been delayed. I'm hoping to get it finished before too much longer. I've been going back and forth over alternate lyrics. I think I'm starting to give myself whiplash. :P
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

03-Jul-2022 18:58:10

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Scouse said :
1st of all.

I'd like to apologise to Aslon Dak for my insensitive manner over the last few months and my at times my self righteous and narrow minded ways.

I never once thought about you and what you were going through and if i'm honest, never even took the time to actually read what you were telling us, i'm embarrassed to admit but i was just thinking "he's trying to act like me" purely because of the long posts whereas yours actually had a point were mine were usually just random crap.

I honestly don't know what more i can do for you to forgive me apart from offer my honest heartfelt apology and the biggest SORRY i can offer.

I really hope you get better soon or at least as well as possible.

Much love

Scouse - Oh and 2ndly, Happy Friday everyone <3

Thank you, Scouse. I accept your gracious apology, but please do not be so hard on yourself. You didn't know. That's not your fault. Only a couple of 'Scapers knew I was having challenges. Sure, I have good and bad days, but overall my vision is declining. It's like being in a room where each week the lighting becomes slightly dimmer. Even under ideal lighting, my surroundings look like one big watercolor painting.

On a good day, Jagex's dark red text against the black chatbox background is tough for me to read. On a bad day, it is impossible. So yeah, I prefer to chat here on the RSOF, where the text is so much easier to read. I'm just sorry you thought I was intentionally ignoring you in-game. Hopefully, you now realize I was not.

Oh, and if you think my posts here can be long, they are nothing compared to some of my posts on Facebook - where I am not limited to 2,000 characters! :O Last week, my aunt told me she has to make sure she's well-rested before she reads one of my FB updates. :P I don't know why she's complaining - it takes me longer to write them!

Nobody could act like you and hope to get away with it, mate. You are one of a kind! :)

AD

03-Jul-2022 19:36:45

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Trewavas said :
No need to apologise. It's best to spend time on it, but I'd rather see you back to full health. Heh, you could even make a song parody out of your troubles! ;)

I look forward to hearing it.

Thanks, it should be along soon-ish. I'm at the point where I'm torn on several lines: "Do I want to word it this way OR this way?" Both would work. I just have to decide which way I prefer.

It also doesn't help I keep coming up with ideas for new songs while trying to finish this one.

I just need to concentrate...to focus my attention on...

Oh, that would be a good one to work on!

Sorry, I got distracted for a moment there. Now then...what was I saying?

Right. Soon-ish. Hopefully. *crosses fingers*

03-Jul-2022 19:52:29

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Everyone,

Sooner or later this is going to need a refresh, it's getting to the point where it's been starting to cause a few back end issues for awhile now. When it becomes absolutely necessary to do so. I've asked the current active F-mod contingent if they'd choose a suitable replacement to take it over. Not that I don't want it anymore, but that way it doesn't create infighting in the community as the chat lounges are treated rather much like a status symbol, any that truly know me I dislike being seen as anything more than me.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

04-Jul-2022 14:28:10

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tranq said :
Everyone,

Sooner or later this is going to need a refresh, it's getting to the point where it's been starting to cause a few back end issues for awhile now. When it becomes absolutely necessary to do so. I've asked the current active F-mod contingent if they'd choose a suitable replacement to take it over. Not that I don't want it anymore, but that way it doesn't create infighting in the community as the chat lounges are treated rather much like a status symbol, any that truly know me I dislike being seen as anything more than me.

News soon. ;)

Hello by the way. ;)
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

04-Jul-2022 14:44:56

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seeing as people are beginning to ask, the roles of F-mod and P-mod are 100% voluntary and can be left at any time by either party.

My parting from the team, happened at a point in my life where new chapters were opening in my career, as such I was here less and less both in-game and on the forums. So I'm still around in the shadows, just A) not as recognizable & B) no nifty toolbox.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

04-Jul-2022 15:40:20

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top