Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Got a bit of a fright when I read explosion underground station, London; first thing that came to mind was terrorist attack. When I clicked on link it stated near underground station - two completely different heading by news article; not very good. I hope everyone is okay.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

29-Jun-2021 03:38:34

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
How the fk do you get a bone infection??? I've never heard of that lol

Hope you get better soon!!

CM Arbor said :
Feel better soon, Aslon! That sounds like a rough bit indeed.

Holly Leone said :
I know you will beat this, Aslon. It's what you do.

Let me know if I can help at all, old friend. :)

Dong U Dead said :
Get well soon Aslon Dak :)

Thank you everyone! I appreciate your well wishes. :)

Honestly, I am doing fine, all things considered. I am pretty much symptom-free. Mostly what I feel is annoyed. This is the third infection the hospital has gifted me with within the past year. I'm beginning to take it personally! :P

As for how I got the bone infection, that unfortunately was actually pretty easy. Hospitals are crawling with superbugs, and something nasty got into the wound I have on my foot. We don't know how long it has been in there. It's right along my heel bone.

Multiple blood tests failed to show that I have an infection, and the X-Rays were inconclusive. I had an MRI three weeks ago which finally confirmed the diagnosis.

For the time being, Wound Care wants to see me every week, instead of every other week. I should be able to have the biopsy in early to mid July. Then I'll start the antibiotics.

While I still have this infection, maybe I should go find Hollowtoof and kick him. :D
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

29-Jun-2021 07:18:28

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indeed it is not, General Tap. Thank you kindly! :)

Another trip to the hospital for me this afternoon. I'll take all the luck I can get.

Speaking of luck, with it being the first of the month, the old English superstition comes into play. It is said that when you wake up on the 1st of any month, if the first words you say are "White Rabbits! White Rabbits! White Rabbits!", you will enjoy good luck all month long.

Does it work? Well, your actual luck may vary - but you never know. It might work.
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

01-Jul-2021 07:36:48

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,168 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aslon Dak said :
Indeed it is not, General Tap. Thank you kindly! :)

Another trip to the hospital for me this afternoon. I'll take all the luck I can get.

Speaking of luck, with it being the first of the month, the old English superstition comes into play. It is said that when you wake up on the 1st of any month, if the first words you say are "White Rabbits! White Rabbits! White Rabbits!", you will enjoy good luck all month long.

Does it work? Well, your actual luck may vary - but you never know. It might work.

I hope everything goes well at the hospital and you soon get the antibiotic to start getting to work on the nasty infection.
I'd forgotten about the white rabbits superstition but I do remember the one which has to be done before midday "pinch punch first day of the month and no return" said while giving the person's arm a pinch and punch, both gentle of course! The no return meant they could'nt do the same to you but I can't remember why it was done. O_o

01-Jul-2021 10:15:21

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,893 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh time's near the best day of the week :D Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

02-Jul-2021 02:23:15

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,679 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Merry Friday!!!

It's been a busy week. :L Hope you guys all have a good day and an even better weekend!

I haven't seen Cat in ages! I wonder what happened to her :o I hope she's okay
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

02-Jul-2021 09:08:43

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top