Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
Jealous lol I got a couple of antique chests tho

I have been disappointed by the last few Antique Chests I've opened. The best one had a small and a medium XP lamp, 25 Oddments, and some member junk.

Now when I get one of these chests, I just convert it to Oddments instead of opening it.
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

12-Feb-2021 17:05:37

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,679 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aslon Dak said :
Brigantia said :

I have been disappointed by the last few Antique Chests I've opened. The best one had a small and a medium XP lamp, 25 Oddments, and some member junk.

Now when I get one of these chests, I just convert it to Oddments instead of opening it.

I ended up with the Lucky hat/coin and some other random bits. Not really worth it anymore since they got rid of the rare item token store now. :L
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

12-Feb-2021 17:33:25

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Trewavas said :
Ailysse said :
Is there an option to keep your old player character avatar, and choose between them or must you have the newer one.

I quite like the one I have now

I'm going to assume that we'll be required to accept the new avatar when it's released. I can imagine it would make Jagex's lives a lot easier going forward with regard to things like outfits and animations.

It's a bit buff right now. :0

It would be fantastic if we had a few different character avatar base models to select from. Not only would this provide a wider range of diversity among the population of Gielinor, but you could customize your characters exactly as you envision them, whether you picture a tall slender magic-user, a small wiry thief, a large muscular fighter, or a more well-rounded adventurer, regardless of gender, to name a few possibilities.

However, I am looking at the situation strictly from the point-of-view of a player. I imagine it would be quite a challenge from a developer's viewpoint, having to design several different models, then make sure each outfit works with each model. I can see where it could be considered a nightmare to implement. :O

12-Feb-2021 17:48:03

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Brigantia said :
Aslon Dak said :
Brigantia said :

I ended up with the Lucky hat/coin and some other random bits. Not really worth it anymore since they got rid of the rare item token store now. :L

Yeah, that's what I have noticed too. Even getting a rare item usable only by members was still somewhat fun as a free player. There's nothing fun about getting D&D tokens or Wicked Hood Teleports, though.

At least Oddments have their uses.

12-Feb-2021 17:56:53

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Happy Friday 'Scapers! :)

Only a week to go before the next 1.2XP Live event arrives. 1.2XP is the F2P version of DXP, in case you were wondering.

On a personal note, I had blood work done on Wednesday and got the results on Thursday. Aside from my creatine level being just outside the normal range and my iron being just within the normal range, all my test results came back as excellent! The doctor said my cholesterol was better than hers! Essentially, I was diagnosed as NORMAL! ^_^

Naturally, I will be getting a second opinion from my PCP this coming Tuesday. :P

Still plenty of snow here, if anybody wants it.

Enjoy your weekend and be sure to rest up before the grinding commences next Friday!

Aslon Dak The Normal O_o

12-Feb-2021 18:20:53

Trewavas
Jun Member 2014

Trewavas

Posts: 28,499 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aslon Dak said :
Trewavas said :
Thanks, Aslon. :) Have a good weekend! Keep your snow to yourself, though.

It was worth a try. We still have plenty here, in case you change your mind. :P

Enjoy your weekend, Trewavas. There shall be new songs soon...oh yes, there shall be new songs. Your latest song is brilliant, by the way! :)

Hehe. We had a little, but it didn't settle. I could see it on the hills, though!

Why thank you. :) . I hope my so g goes some way to raising awareness. I look forward to hearing your songs as well. :D

12-Feb-2021 18:26:05

CM Arbor

CM Arbor

Local Moderator Posts: 1,945 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Happy Friday all! I finally made it here. Hope you're all doing well on this early part of your weekend, and thank you to Mrs Ana and Trewavas for the kind thoughts. :)

Things have indeed been better this week, though not great. Still, any improvement is good, no matter how small.

12-Feb-2021 19:34:30

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top