Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

Aslon Dak

Aslon Dak

Posts: 10,616 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
HAPPY FRIDAY !! :D

OK, I know it's not Friday but it feels like it because the Ole Man has got the rest of the week off so we're having beers and a takeaway.

It's our wedding anniversary tomorrow and because I didn't fancy going out for a meal (Covid, y'know) we hired a private compartment on a steam train and are having Afternoon Tea with a couple of chums. I like steam trains, they're jolly.

Happy Anniversary to you both! That sounds like a lovely way to celebrate your special day.

Hopefully, Scouse will not be displeased by the early Happy Friday! :O

I have a feeling he'll be fine with it, since it's from you.

The rest of us might be in trouble for quoting you, though.
Aslon Dak: Still 'Scaping after 19 years!
You can buy XP. You can't buy experience.
Save the RSOF! 278-279-95-66293045

21-Oct-2020 07:40:41

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,679 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Congrats to Fifi and Mr. Feefs on the anniversary!

....I also wanted to note over here too that my lemon trees have sprouted. It's been an exciting day.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

21-Oct-2020 11:39:35

The contents of this message have been hidden

21-Oct-2020 18:15:09

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow! Thanks folks for your salutations :D

Just to say - we really enjoyed ourselves - it's not a long journey as the whole shebang is owned by a group of enthusiasts who buy and restore old steam engines and carriages and raise funds by organising such trips on part of the redundant railway tracks left over from the Beeching cuts.

They do it awfully well; they bought up a couple of Stations en route and have restored them to 1940s-50s splendour and there's a small sidings with rolling stock under repair and a little museum.

All the volunteer staff wear uniforms of the era and, if engaged in conversation, will bend your ears about everything railway at great length. All a bit twee, some might think, but I love these 'anorak' type people .... their enthusiasm is infectious.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

22-Oct-2020 09:38:07

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,500 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Wow! Thanks folks for your salutations :D

Just to say - we really enjoyed ourselves ...

I've lost track, but I was thinking it might be an Iron or Food anniversary, which seem to match up with your awesome outing!
@Twillow_RS

For W71 Penguin locations starting January 24, 2024: www.reddit.***/r/W71PenguinWhisperers or @pengwhisper

22-Oct-2020 13:00:05

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CamboriU said :
doesnt show in my name when i start play :(
i think i need member XD
If you are referring to the date under your Forums Avatar, then it means that you are not a member. That date specifically states how long you have continuously held onto membership without breaking it. For example, if you do subscribe right now, it would say October 2020.

22-Oct-2020 19:21:49

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top