Forums

General Forum Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really don't understand the mentality of people in this case.

It's not like the virus is deadly to everyone it touches, it's not turning people into Zombies (they're already that for panic-buying) and why the hell are they buying piles of bogpaper, rice, tuna and schizz?

Maybe they intend to board up their windows and barricade themselves into their houses for 3 months. 6 months. Except, they won't, they'll still go out .... to work, school, the Dentist, get their hair done, shop for bread, meat, veg etc.

The country isn't going to topple into some sort of post-apocalyptic chaos; the water will still run, the lights will still switch on .... millions are NOT going to die and rot in the streets.

They don't dissolve into complete panic like this every time a new 'flu variation hits the country and, really, this is just the same scenario except it's a bit more virulent and a few more people will die from it than die from 'flu every year. The very young (maybe), the elderly, those with underlying health issues .... the same people that will be hit the worst by any contagion. The majority of the population will feel like crap for a week or two, then recover.

Silly people manufacturing a crisis.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

06-Mar-2020 13:22:32

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And personally I think the retail outlets are complete asshats too.

At the first sign of this sort of needless panic all supermarkets etc. should have put a strict policy in place the prevent people from bulk buying. But I guess their profits are more important than common sense.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

06-Mar-2020 13:25:36

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's not like the virus makes you go to the toilet more.

You know they could buy beans and soup and lots of other things.

The really weired thing is I went shopping yesterday and shops nearly empty yet the shelves are full. I see no panic anything.

Fifi no hard feelings. Just the issue was hard enough. ;)
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

06-Mar-2020 13:43:43

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,207 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PS. Just had 1 of the nicest lunches that I've had in a long time.

Picture this.

2 X Brioche bun's.
4 x Free range fresh eggs.
Tomato chutney.
Little salt and black pepper.

Fry eggs to taste. For me solid and no snotty eggs. :P

Toast Brioche bun's until golden brown.
Add chutney. Add 2 eggs per bun. Salt and pepper. Put top on. Eat. Warning maybe hot.

Was 2 of the best egg sandwichs I've had in years. :P
Comprehensive Account Security
Live long and Prosper...... :P

06-Mar-2020 13:56:58

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,832 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
PS. Just had 1 of the nicest lunches that I've had in a long time.

Picture this.

2 X Brioche bun's.
4 x Free range fresh eggs.
Tomato chutney.
Little salt and black pepper.

Fry eggs to taste. For me solid and no snotty eggs. :P

Toast Brioche bun's until golden brown.
Add chutney. Add 2 eggs per bun. Salt and pepper. Put top on. Eat. Warning maybe hot.

Was 2 of the best egg sandwichs I've had in years. :P

Adds some aioli and some cayanne relish and it sounds delish.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

06-Mar-2020 18:38:06

CM Shaddie

CM Shaddie

Local Moderator Posts: 1,195 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Happy Friday to you as well Scouse.

I'll be in game later on tonight.

Hope everyone has had an awesome week, and wish you a great weekend!
They said I could become anything, so I became a torch.

Your friendly neighborhood CM!

06-Mar-2020 20:55:36 - Last edited on 06-Mar-2020 21:07:59 by CM Shaddie

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^Ohhh, that's how one gets there account back ;)

There are the people that panic buy because of the virus and then there are those that panic buy because they are scared they will miss out because of those panic buying because of the virus :| Maybe later down the track those that panic brought may give all the left over tins and toilet paper to a foodbank??
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

06-Mar-2020 21:02:50 - Last edited on 06-Mar-2020 21:05:10 by Dong U Dead

Quick find code: 14-15-770-65953105 Back to Top