Forums

Inactive Clan Owners Thread is locked

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718

Yeesha
Jun Member 2010

Yeesha

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Our clan owner is inactive since over 2.5 years, probably banned.
Our clan is growing now and really needs a leader.
Please kick the inactive clan owner and give leadership to the active deputy ( = me ^^)

Clan name: Excilium
inactive clan owner: keyboard318 (please kick)
active deputy: Yeesha (for new clan owner please)

sorry for inconvenience and thank you very much for your help :)
kind regards
Yeesha

20-Nov-2014 00:29:36

Conker
Jul Member 2006

Conker

Posts: 9,326 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
is there a way to give clan ownership to someone else without me leaving? i still want to be in the clan but i dont want my xp to reset. Im just stepping down seeing as my future around rs is going to change.

..::;;::..
¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸
Trimmed Leader of Contemptis
¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸

`¹¤¸
¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸
¸¤¹´
¤
Conker
¤
`¹¤¸
¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸
¸¤¹´

21-Nov-2014 07:54:36

MrTibbitz

MrTibbitz

Posts: 3,126 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Conker said :
is there a way to give clan ownership to someone else without me leaving? i still want to be in the clan but i dont want my xp to reset. Im just stepping down seeing as my future around rs is going to change.

¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸
Trimmed Leader of Contemptis
¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸

`¹¤¸
¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸
¸¤¹´
¤
Conker
¤
`¹¤¸
¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸
¸¤¹´

Be sure about what you are doing before you go ahead and make the move :P

A person won't always reveal their true colours until they're in a position of power, and you'll be so much more vulnerable if that power is then abused.

Anyhow, here's how to pass over leadership:

Make sure ALL deputies have their ranks reduced.
Make sure the player who you want to be LEADER is set to DEPUTY.
The player who is about to become leader should be the ONLY deputy.
Demote yourself to deputy (or the highest possible rank you can demote yourself to)
Make sure it's the right player who is going to receive ownership, and it's done.
MrTibbitz
, RIP
AtomicPK FC

22-Nov-2014 16:33:05

deathpala

deathpala

Posts: 128 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
clan name: the red demons
clan leader: tjb061991
inactive f0r 0ver a year
deputy leader is mr t cold

please make deputy leader mr t cold leader 0f clan

i know im n0t the deputy leader but i am the overseer 0 the clan and was h0peing the 0wner can be switched a clan cann0t funti0n with0ut an active leader.

23-Nov-2014 00:21:36

Warg

Warg

Posts: 1,799 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If a player is inactive but still paying membership.. they shouldnt lose thier clan...thats why I have a made rank list... seems like pretty pathetic way to take over a players clan.

Once again jagex is messing with peoples accounts instead of updating soul wars and other neglected popular content.
~Wraith of 88~

24-Nov-2014 19:56:48

Youyou

Youyou

Posts: 15,034 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Warg said :
If a player is inactive but still paying membership.. they shouldnt lose thier clan...thats why I have a made rank list... seems like pretty pathetic way to take over a players clan.

Once again jagex is messing with peoples accounts instead of updating soul wars and other neglected popular content.

If a player has been paying for one year of membership without logging in once during that year then he is an idiot and is not mentally capable of leading a clan.

25-Nov-2014 09:33:44

MrTibbitz

MrTibbitz

Posts: 3,126 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Warg said :

It's different teams who work on clans as far as I know. They aren't content developers.

These systems are in place only to help struggling clans who are in need of effective administration. I don't see an issue for a player who is expecting to come back being unable to log in for a year.

After a so long of a leader's inactivity, clan members would most likely 'reform' or move elsewhere anyway, so at least it holds the clan back from dissolution (breaking apart to move elsewhere, perhaps segments of the clan making a new clan)
MrTibbitz
, RIP
AtomicPK FC

25-Nov-2014 19:38:19

Seer of War

Seer of War

Posts: 13,968 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am curious, how exactly is the new owner determined in a clan fitting the eligibility requirements and that also has multiple deputies?

Is it the Deputy who has been in the clan the longest amount of time? The Deputy that makes the request? The most recently active Deputy? A combination of these factors, or perhaps another measure all together?

I appreciate the availability of a mechanism to help clans who have been abandoned by their owner. However, as some have discussed in this thread, ultimately clan members must find their own solutions to issues with active leaders they may disagree with. I would NOT support Jagex intervention in clans with active leaders, period.
Seer of War

Founder | The Order of War
2600+ Total Level International Tier 7 Citadel, PvM, and Skilling Clan Community

01-Dec-2014 16:52:22 - Last edited on 01-Dec-2014 17:01:13 by Seer of War

ServinTheBBC

ServinTheBBC

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey mods I'm part of a clan called The Great Armada and the leader has not been online for more than 12 months the whole clan is dead now and no one comes on except me. Not even the deputies come on anymore. Is there a sort of a special case where I can be made leader. I really want to rebuild the clan and no one else in the clan meets the criteria because they aren't even on nowadays. I hope you can consider this. Clan owner's name is Weikin150

10-Dec-2014 13:41:54 - Last edited on 10-Dec-2014 13:42:35 by ServinTheBBC

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718 Back to Top