Forums

Inactive Clan Owners Thread is locked

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718

MrTibbitz

MrTibbitz

Posts: 3,126 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And even if the Leader wasn't going to return, choosing from one of five deputies for example (I'm not sure how you pick, though I'm guessing it's somewhat based on tenure) may create tension.

Perhaps the owner could actually set 'reference stats', which only the owner of a clan can view and they are taken into account when assigning this position. (e.g. Player X = position 1 if the clan leader were to go inactive, this individual may temporarily take your place). - During any period of inactivity whilst things are being looked into, this gives a deputy temporary leader benefits (unable to kick other deputies and especially not the owner, and still must abide by the kick limit)

- On a side note, will the kick system be updated? I don't really want my deputies to be able to permanently kick anyone, let alone admins. I like to give a fair review over all situations. I'd rather the ability to set each admin+ rank a temporary ban limit, where they can temp ban a player (up to a max of 24 hours) in which time, the player in question could get back to me or another deputy - who may have permissions to override the ban - if it has been falsely carried out.

sorry about the last off-topic question, thought I might aswell ask since i was on the topic of leadership team :P

There's a lot to take in here but every paragraph has been thought through carefully and holds importance
MrTibbitz
, RIP
AtomicPK FC

07-Nov-2014 17:05:15 - Last edited on 07-Nov-2014 17:05:50 by MrTibbitz

F-O

F-O

Posts: 3,476 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just came back to RS and I'm currently in a clan that contains only the leader and me. I'm pretty sure he's been inactive for more than a year. I have no idea what's a deputy but I'm a general in the clan (wasn't that the highest rank?). Would I still qualify?

(I know I could just leave the clan and start another but I've brought nearly 100m xp and a couple kills to the clan. I also don't want to lose all my anagogic orts.)

14-Nov-2014 14:35:18 - Last edited on 14-Nov-2014 14:36:13 by F-O

Vivek
Dec Member 2023

Vivek

Posts: 4,322 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

I know this is not the ideal place to post this, but hopefully it is still of relevance.

Over the last year I have been attempting to change my current clan's name to another one. The reason for the change is that we would like the clan chat to carry the same name as the actual clan that we are part of.
The clan has been running since 2009, this would be the first official name change.

Unfortunately I have not been able to do this through the Scribe and it informs me that that the desired name is already taken. I am unsure whether the clan chat holding this name actually exists/is in operation. However I have found this unranked clan (http://services.runescape.***/*=clan-hiscores/members***?clanName=White+Shadows) - hope you don't mind the link - whose owner does not appear to play and has a game generated display name.

Would it be possible for me to make this name change, please?

Many thanks for the help. :)

15-Nov-2014 00:04:01 - Last edited on 15-Nov-2014 00:05:09 by Vivek

Uber Gem

Uber Gem

Posts: 23 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great idea. I've been in the same situation myself, and it's far from fun. My only recommendation is to lower the time the leader has been inactive, 12 months means that they are gone for good, but I feel 6 months would be just as sufficient.
Lots of support :D

15-Nov-2014 03:32:05

Kishou2000

Kishou2000

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Me and my in-game friend Camdapirate started the clan Kal Ger Conquerers , him being the leader & me being the second in command (I was second because there can only be one leader and it was his idea to start the clan). He has been inactive for over a year. I am a deputy owner of the clan and I have been playing in the last 7 days, so i should meet all of the criteria. I would like to have me replace him as the clan leader so that the clan can have everything possible available to them. There are a few other deputy owners too but they haven't been playing either, and me and Camdapirate were supposed to be equals in the clan anyways. Please consider this request. BTW his name is appearing as [#L1A69CQM2* which I believe must be the result of a runescape update or something, I'm not sure if this will help you or not while fixing this.

16-Nov-2014 01:34:50 - Last edited on 16-Nov-2014 01:45:58 by Kishou2000

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718 Back to Top