Forums

Inactive Clan Owners Thread is locked

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718

Mod Maz

Mod Maz

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
The criteria are quite specific:

1) Your Clan Leader must have been inactive (ie not logged in) for over 12 months.
2) One of the existing Clan deputies must have been active in the last 7 days.
3) The request for change of ownership must be made by an existing clan deputy.
Mod Maz
Queen of the Squirrels
RS Training & Developer Lead

03-Nov-2014 15:08:35

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

hello my old account was banned as leader of clan, is it possible that you can change the leader of clan to clan member Glen_De_metz clan name is Boss Mode

Hi NDR Glen ,

It is not possible to change leaders in this way. The criteria for inactive leaders and their removal is outlined in the OP.

Mod MattHe
Community Management
| Account Help | Billing Support | Technical Support | Follow me on Twitter |
Mod MattHe | Former Community Manager, now in Events & occasional Lore Monkey

04-Nov-2014 09:14:56

Calm Enigma

Calm Enigma

Forum Moderator Posts: 10,882 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Maz said :
The criteria are quite specific:

1) Your Clan Leader must have been inactive (ie not logged in) for over 12 months.
2) One of the existing Clan deputies must have been active in the last 7 days.
3) The request for change of ownership must be made by an existing clan deputy.

I'm not sure if that's a yes or a no :P Since a banned owner won't be able to come online for 12 months anyway, is the first criteria cleared or not?
-
C.E.

Clam Enigma's evil twin | Council of the RS
W
arring League

-•¤{
Wicked
Fury
}¤•-

04-Nov-2014 10:52:51

Lucine

Lucine

Posts: 12,636 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If the inactive owner where to become active again; can they request their ownership back? Will the systematic process allow that?

Some answers would be greatly appreciated :)
It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation. ~Herman Melville

04-Nov-2014 11:51:48

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

No, once the ownership changes it is changed. No, a systematic as opposed to manual system, is unlikely to change that - there all kind of technical problems with that as well as social design issues.

Once ownership moves it is moved. There is no system for it to be returned to the original owner, short of asking the person currently holding it.

Mod MattHe
Community Management
| Account Help | Billing Support | Technical Support | Follow me on Twitter |
Mod MattHe | Former Community Manager, now in Events & occasional Lore Monkey

04-Nov-2014 13:30:42

MrTibbitz

MrTibbitz

Posts: 3,126 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The balance of power is a troublesome thing. The system is fair enough, as a system can't take into account all the other factors such as people's intentions.

One too many times I've been in situations regarding clan ownership (not an actual runescape clan, but clans using the friends chat system to run their 'guild', as it were) and you've got individuals who seek to disrupt the balance of power, attempting to oust other leaders, or cause chaos among the leadership team in the pursuit of power.

It's only when you really put someone in a position where they have a share of control, that you begin to see the true nature of that individual.

This system you've got in place is fair enough - it enables a clan to progress if experiencing difficulties if a leader is permanently absent.

Unfortunately, there will be conflict of interest; if an old leader's position was handed down to a deputy, then returned a few months after that, and the clan found themselves in turmoil under the new leader's reign, I am concerned that any attempt at a democratic solution would be a very messy one, often causing the clan to split in two, those who return to the old leader and form a new one, and those who remain with the current leader.

Infact, this once happened with a clan leader and a deputy. The leader, at times, was making very awful decisions and a large portion of the clan's admin/leadership team - (lower ranks wouldn't know who to turn to) - were struggling to cope. The deputy broke off and created a new clan alongside many other leavers.

Perhaps I'm just unlucky enough to have seen such a toxic side of the community (especially when wilderness warbands get involved) with the flaming and trash talking especially. It just feels like not enough is being considered in this fix to take into account potential conflict.

What's your take on instances such as these, for example, if the power was to be handed down and things spiralled out of control?
MrTibbitz
, RIP
AtomicPK FC

07-Nov-2014 16:43:15 - Last edited on 07-Nov-2014 16:58:31 by MrTibbitz

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718 Back to Top