Forums

Inactive Clan Owners Thread is locked

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Posts: 10,335 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, I'm not sure exactly how long my clan leader has been inactive but I would like to request ownership for the clan UKT. I'm currently a deputy and I don't believe I've seen the owner for over 6 months. Would it be possible to confirm how long he has been offline, or does that fall under a privacy rule? (i.e. when should I next request an ownership transfer if I don't see him log in?)

Thanks. :)
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Friends Chat Improvements | 1 Defence Quests and Tasks
Goals

07-Jun-2015 21:18:20

DRA90N 2

DRA90N 2

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's been over 2 weeks since my clan's deputies posted on this thread and we still don't have a clan leader. Does anyone actually address the issues raised in this thread? ...or does Mod Matthe just reply with condescension every once in a while to provide the illusion of support?

09-Jun-2015 19:13:47

Irishdruid14

Irishdruid14

Posts: 88 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So Mod Matthe, because he has logged in but does not communicate with the clan - he can still be a leader???? How is that possible???? He doesn't care for us at all, never talks to us, barely logs into cc. Were we have a deputy owner who because she wrote to you is not locked out of making any changes in citadel. That is not a leader - here i thought this might be a way to get us back on track but sadly i see it isn't .

Thanks - really thanks

09-Jun-2015 23:57:03

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Taliessineo said :
Mod Matthe said :
Taliessineo said :
Cailih said :
Taliessineo said :
Hi.

We are a group of 6 hardcore ironmen (Members) and this is affecting us all. I died as the clan leader and as i can't open clan settings from lobby, i can't promote another clan member or leave the clan.
I would like to make my new account the leader: Taliessing.

By the way i suggest to add "Clan Settings" option to Lobby Clan Chat.

Clan Name: Ynys Afallach.

Have a nice day :) .

I'm a Deputy owner of "Ynys Afallach" confirming the request of our dead leader Taliessineo, i hope this trouble be solved as soon as possible. Thanks

¿Any news?.

Details have been confirmed and approved so I am just awaiting the return of the JMod who will need to do the database changes needed from holiday. Once they have returned we will look to resolve this as quickly as possible for you

Hello.

When is that Jmod coming back from holiday?
Just take in a count we are paying for play.

They are back this week but there is no system for removing Inactive Clan Leaders - this is about delving in the clan database directly and so requires very specific staff and skills unfortunately. Hence the delay.

Mod MattHe
Community Manager
| Account Help | Payment Support | Technical Help | Follow me on Twitter |
Mod MattHe | Former Community Manager, now in Events & occasional Lore Monkey

10-Jun-2015 10:54:04 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2015 10:54:20 by Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

DRA90N 2 said :
It's been over 2 weeks since my clan's deputies posted on this thread and we still don't have a clan leader. Does anyone actually address the issues raised in this thread? ...or does Mod Matthe just reply with condescension every once in a while to provide the illusion of support?

As described above the only way to remove Clan Leaders is by direct delving in the database - previous to this thread and the agreement of Mod Maz to do the Clan database work there was no way to remove a inactive or banned leader. While we understand your frustration we are going to have to ask for your patience a little longer while we complete what is a very delicate task.

Mod MattHe
Community Manager

10-Jun-2015 12:19:47

DRA90N 2

DRA90N 2

You could always consider unbanning our clan leader, seeing as how it was his first offence ever and he wasn't even allowed to submit an appeal. In the real world, not all offences of the same crime are treated equally: especially when the circumstances are quite different.

Clan leader, Premier Member, and nearly a 10-year veteran: situations like this are where alternative recourses should be taken into consideration. If only the Runescape Mods would be willing to listen to everyone, and not simply dismiss those outside of their Twitter "friends" and in-game FC's, then there might actually be a chance of eliminating unwanted behaviour from the game.

The easiest answer is not always the right one; but in this situation, unbanning our clan leader would be the right thing to do. Find another way to punish the player.

10-Jun-2015 22:29:43 - Last edited on 10-Jun-2015 22:41:23 by DRA90N 2

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

DRA90N 2 said :
You could always consider unbanning our clan leader, seeing as how it was his first offence ever and he wasn't even allowed to submit an appeal. In the real world, not all offences of the same crime are treated equally: especially when the circumstances are quite different.

Clan leader, Premier Member, and nearly a 10-year veteran: situations like this are where alternative recourses should be taken into consideration. If only the Runescape Mods would be willing to listen to everyone, and not simply dismiss those outside of their Twitter "friends" and in-game FC's, then there might actually be a chance of eliminating unwanted behaviour from the game.

The easiest answer is not always the right one; but in this situation, unbanning our clan leader would be the right thing to do. Find another way to punish the player.

The rules are clearly defined as to what behaviours are acceptable - breaking the rules exposes the player to the risk of their account being banned. Where the offence is serious or long term enough that can be a permanent ban. This thread is not the place for a discussion of ban policy though; feel free to start a discussion of the policy in a more appropriate forum. But your Clan Leaders perm ban has been reviewed multiple times and is correct - you will have to wait for the database changes to be made.

Mod MattHe
Community Manager

11-Jun-2015 08:43:49

DRA90N 2

DRA90N 2

There is no appropriate place - nor time - for the discussion of ban policy. This is the first time in over 10 years of playing that a Mod has even been willing respond to my messages. I also find it hard to believe that the ban was reviewed multiple times, seeing as how the appeal option wasn't even available to our leader.

Additionally, you cite severity and longevity as requirements for a perm-ban, but that doesn't make much sense. Our clan leader was banned for macroing; but the 'botting' never effected any other players in the game. Our clan leader never did any gold farming, or real world trading, and from what I've been told, only played in low-population worlds, and in places where other players rarely go to train their skills.

As for longevity, if someone behind the scenes noticed that the player was botting and purposely didn't do anything about it (ie. issuing a macroing minor ban with a last-chance warning) then that means one of two things: either they didn't find the macroing to be serious enough to warrant a ban, or they were setting the player up for ultimate failure so that they could justify a permanent ban since day 1. Remember: the clan leader had a perfect account history before being banned.

Who is actually getting paid real-world money to sit around and play God/Big-Brother, while they purposely undermine long-time customers of Jagex Ltd? The business model behind banning low-risk, high-paying, botters is mind-baffling.

Additionally, who's looking into the top 20 accounts on the hi-scores? I can personally prove that each of these accounts have all botted more than one of their maxxed 200M EXP skills. But wait.... these guys are part of the "community" and have personal relationships with JMods and PMods, and thus, are not held accountable for their actions.

There's never a place nor time to address these issues because JMods don't want to hear about them... they don't believe the situation exists. Ignorance is bliss.

11-Jun-2015 19:38:32 - Last edited on 11-Jun-2015 19:40:35 by DRA90N 2

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718 Back to Top