Inactive Clan Owners Thread is locked

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Posts: 10,335 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could I please get an update on this?

Chee arra said :
Hi, I'm not sure exactly how long my clan leader has been inactive but I would like to request ownership for the clan UKT. I'm currently a deputy and I don't believe I've seen the owner for over 6 months. Would it be possible to confirm how long he has been offline, or does that fall under a privacy rule? (i.e. when should I next request an ownership transfer if I don't see him log in?)

Thanks. :)
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Friends Chat Improvements | 1 Defence Quests and Tasks
Goals

12-Jun-2015 11:10:35

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Chee arra said :
Could I please get an update on this?

Chee arra said :
Hi, I'm not sure exactly how long my clan leader has been inactive but I would like to request ownership for the clan UKT. I'm currently a deputy and I don't believe I've seen the owner for over 6 months. Would it be possible to confirm how long he has been offline, or does that fall under a privacy rule? (i.e. when should I next request an ownership transfer if I don't see him log in?)

Thanks. :)

I have been investigating it - your Clan Owner has not logged in for a little less than 6 months. For that Clan Owner to be removed requires at least 1 year inactive.

Mod MattHe
Community Manager
| Account Help | Payment Support | Technical Help | Follow me on Twitter |
Mod MattHe | Former Community Manager, now in Events & occasional Lore Monkey

12-Jun-2015 12:10:54

SlRE
Jul Member 2009

SlRE

Posts: 2,775 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Matthe,

Although this is a fabulous attempt to activate existing clans with inactive clan leaders, there is always room for further considerations and improvements. The current criteria has some flaws not only for existing clans where no deputy owner is designated, but opens opportunity for exploitations by current active leaders. Example:
(I plan on quitting the game but before i do, I'll rank everyone to Overseer and below. This ensures if i change my mind later regardless if over 12 months or not, I'll still have ownership)

Opening up the ability for highest ranking member of the clan to apply for said ownership would alleviate these issues.

Current clans that are struggling with maintaining Tier 7 with Overseers and below is a problem. To remove yourself and all active members, then start a new clan, just to start all over again from scratch does seem a bit harsh. Especially so when the clan can simply be saved using the system you and Mod Maz has presented to the clan community and initiating some minor adjustments.

This adjustment should be very minor just as it is by declaring the need for deputy owners to request ownership. The following Criteria would make more sense and would correct any issues where there are no deputy owners, and wouldn't prevent progress of the clan if a disgruntled or departing clan leader decided to use your system to their advantage.

Proposed Adjusted Criteria
1) Your Clan Leader must have been inactive (ie not logged in) for over 12 months.
2) One of the highest ranking members must have been active in the last 7 days.
3) The request for change of ownership must be made by the highest ranking clan member.

You get the idea I'm sure

As with most clan content and topics, the word NO seems to be a very common answer, but, I am asking that you and Mod Maz please reconsider the criteria of this program and make some very desperately needed improvements.

Thanks,
SlRE
.•*´¨)
SlRE

**.***.***)*.***)
Clan Leader / Founder

(¸.•´ (¸.• (¸.•
14 Years in Service

13-Jun-2015 18:58:32

Madelaine
Apr Member 2006

Madelaine

Posts: 2,015 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Clan: R S S

Criteria:

1) Your Clan Leader must have been inactive (ie not logged in) for over 12 months.
Last login @8th June 2014, attempting to recover after hijack

2) One of the existing Clan deputies must have been active in the last 7 days.
Yes.

3) The request for change of ownership must be made by an existing clan deputy.
Madelaine is a deputy.

15-Jun-2015 01:09:39 - Last edited on 15-Jun-2015 01:18:28 by Madelaine

Bombi Drop

Bombi Drop

Posts: 17,897 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, our clan has an inactive Clan Leader. Most of our high ranked players are inactive. But I am still active, and I was wondering if I could take lead of being the Clan Leader. I am currently a Deputy Owner, so I request to be Leader, as the current leader has been inactive for over a year.

Clan Name: Rockin Skills
Inactive Clan Owner: Fog825
My rank: Deputy Owner

It would be appreciated if the current clan owner was demoted to recruit.
Thank you. :)

16-Jun-2015 04:13:59

Quick find code: 135-136-684-65507718 Back to Top