Forums

GRIEF

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bernadette said :
@Scouse, I took a little break and you got yourself GRIEFED without me even seeing the evidence :O

FURRYGRIEF hint for escape idea

I am always astonished when I see things like this. I know animals are intelligent, but their capacity to problem solve, their memory and persistence reminds me that I sometimes underestimate their abilities.
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

21-Sep-2017 21:26:42

Corugi

Corugi

Okay, I was going to discuss this in private using reddit accounts. But it seems we have imposed a self exile from clan Grief following Scouse's three day forum ban ( which I was not aware of until now, having only just stalked his profile ).

So I will just speak my mind here.

We have all known from the start what clan Grief really was. We have had a place for like-minded and good-natured people to enjoy each other's companies. This was our clan. To share jokes, be silly, and indulge in our own eccentric senses of humour. A refugee away from the droll and mundane comments of other forum users, many of whom who take themselves far too seriously.

And of course, clan Grief was also a tongue-n-cheek protest against the clan system seen in game.

The opening pages of our thread were deliberately written in such a way to discourage certain type of poster. Those who would have disrupted and derailed the flow of free light hearted banter.

In that respect Clan Grief has been successful. We have never had any drama. We have never had anyone make any disparaging remark, any attempt at a put down, any attempt to flame or to pick a fight. All I have seen is people enjoying an entirely relaxed environment full of ironic wit and humour, which has made it a delight for me to read over all this time. The sheer quality of the posts is something I have appreciated. Well thought out and carefully written, demonstrating a command of that beautiful language, English. Fifi's posts in particular stand out in this regard, but all your contributions have been excellent.

Clan Grief was also a refugee against the some of the cabbages, whose lack of discretion and heavy handed approach at times drove us away from posting on the main forums.

I have never regarded clan Grief as my own, but rather as something shared. For that reason I would never take any action without consensus from its main users. Those being Mary, Bernadette, Jack, Scouse, Lumine, Molly and Fifi.

23-Sep-2017 01:05:26 - Last edited on 23-Sep-2017 05:48:12 by Corugi

Corugi

Corugi

But I find it hard to stomach those hidden posts on what was a pristine thread. Especially in light of the "offence" and the ban that was applied.

I am simply astonished and gravely disappointed that one who I considered a friend, whose presence here I encouraged, would take action of this archaic nature against what was really a harmless gif. Privately, it infuriated me, but I tried to pass it off in a lighthearted way, but was unaware of the 3 day ban at the time.

Technically against the rules? Yes. Technically. So is exceeding the speed limit by 1km per hour on the open road.

I feel our clan thread is now tainted, that we can not feel "safe" here again. For myself I do not feel happy about the prospect of posting here again in the same manner as I have done in the past.

I propose we close our clan and request a lock.

I await a response from you. Mary. Fifi. Bernadette. Lumine. Jack. Scouse. Molly. Please vote "yes" to lock it, and "no" to leave it open or discuss an alternative. Majority vote of "yes", being at least five members voting "yes", will result in an immediate lock request.

If there is no response from an individual member within one week I will take that as their tacit vote "yes" to lock the thread.

Voting begins now.

23-Sep-2017 01:15:25 - Last edited on 23-Sep-2017 05:46:34 by Corugi

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,019 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No, this can not happen because of one individual, the Jagexy monsters puppets will have won the WAR!!!

I am gone in body but always here in like a ghostly form well kinda an outline of me with a white bedsheet placed over with crudely cut slits in for eyes with a faint noise of "w0o0o0o" occasionaly.

I have been around the world and asked everyone n your voting list and they all said "no" too and i told them not to bother posting their votes because i will do it for them....

HONEST..

Much Love

Scouse - The bare ass'd baldy streaker with quite large hands and a mole on his bum
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

23-Sep-2017 09:00:23

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I vote yes.

I am not, actually, hanging with camels in the desert. I just don't want to post anymore.
Here, or anywhere else for that matter given the amount of sheer bile and nastiness in the other forums which rages unchecked. It is painful to countenance. OT in particular is now the Runescape Official Shitpost Forum.

We've had a good innings, won many blood-soaked WARS, indulged deeply in whimsy and I, certainly, have had the best of fun here.

Clan Grief will pass into legend, it's name whispered fearfully by the Jagexy Monsters in the depths of their fevered dreams; we will forever be the bogeyman in their closet.

So adios, brave amigos, may your bunkers always be deep, your bonfires always burn bright and your corgis always be cute.

!!!6!!!
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

23-Sep-2017 11:15:59

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm going to have to vote no.

I very much disagree with what took place, and see it as an extremely unfounded punishment, but I feel closing everything down over something like that would be nothing less than an insult to both Scouse, and all the time we have spent here.

Things happen from time to time, both bad and good. You have to make your way through the dark tunnel that is the bad, to find the bright light at the end that is the good.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

23-Sep-2017 18:09:18

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,019 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mr Corugilander!!!

I have dusted myself down, shook off the tars and feathers, removed the pins from the Scouse voodoo doll, sneezed and trumped at the same time " by mistake" in front of my nanna "blamed the dog" and things are almost back to normal in my Liverpool home https://youtu.be/3lUl9HaFbN8

As Jack mentions, it will be a shame to take this away from all of the lovely members Grief has now " i think you're all horrible" but w/e.

We are all about fighting the fight of the war of wars!!!

We can't be beaten by 1 silly thing that happened, no not we can't be beaten....

WE WON'T BE BEATEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much Love and hate

Scouse Lily the pink!

https://youtu.be/2x8D4T--0v4
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

23-Sep-2017 18:41:27

MDove

MDove

Posts: 1,259 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*shakes head-sighs-softly*

No. I will not be one that says. "lock Grief."

LaFrou said:
"It is painful to countenance."
Flac said:
would be nothing less than an insult to both Scouse, and all the time we have spent here.
Scouse said:
" i think you're all horrible" but w/e.

Yes. ^^^

23-Sep-2017 22:42:30 - Last edited on 23-Sep-2017 22:49:56 by MDove

Quick find code: 93-94-912-65783429 Back to Top