Forums

† World 103 POC Community T4 † Thread is locked

Quick find code: 90-91-990-65815213

Arya Thorel

Arya Thorel

Posts: 973 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fully agree with Astra's points as well. Allies def should serve a purpose other than just being listed on each others forums and the occasional event together. This would def enhance the political side of POCs and maybe even bring more interest to the warring aspect for the smaller clans.
Arya Thorel

Queen of
Isafdar
"No ruler that ever lived had the support of all the people." ~TL

29-Sep-2016 03:11:50

An Epic Fool
Nov Member 2023

An Epic Fool

Posts: 3,376 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Revenues and resources updated!

EDIT: Additionally, resource revenues for every POC have been added to page 4, so now it should be clear exactly how many of each resource you will be getting!

Please let me know if there are any errors on it.
Cain Izrail |
Court Jester
of The Menaphite Empire

02-Oct-2016 17:13:02 - Last edited on 02-Oct-2016 17:19:03 by An Epic Fool

An Epic Fool
Nov Member 2023

An Epic Fool

Posts: 3,376 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On the allies proposal:

Thanks for the feedback and criticisms! I'm happy to see that everyone is concerned about this.

Golf: In theory, what you are suggesting is a good idea, but I worry that clan size is not an effective way to predict the pull of a clan for warring. Allowing up to 5 members from an ally by default for both sides would simplify the system (and give me less work updating the thread, which I am always a fan of), but it would also hurt clans who choose to have no allies. If people want to move in that direction, it would encourage more POC cooperation.

3randon: I am for upping the cost of the beacons in terms of the raw resources (wood, ore, fish, flax) and reducing the costs on runes and energy. We could do 25W/O/X/F and 5 E/R. I also like the idea of further restricting the allied pull to no more than the pull of the opposing clan, max 5.

When a beacon is lit, any allied clan may answer the call (max 1 clan). If no one answers, well, yeah, you need better allies. Welcome to the cutthroat politics of POCs. :P

Jor: If we were able to implement your idea efficiently, then this would help solve this issue in a creative and immersive way. If an ally has a "small" army (say of size 5) in the proximity of the warring area, then they would be able to send it to reinforce their allies. My main concern is that people are not going to want to worry about where their armies are placed.
Cain Izrail |
Court Jester
of The Menaphite Empire

02-Oct-2016 17:35:39

Damion Avah
Dec Member 2014

Damion Avah

Posts: 583 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
At this stage i feel the vote should be put on hold until certain amendments are made to help balance the proposed system and to where it cannot be abused / exploited. So for now LAK will pull its vote for the time being.
~~† Emperor of the The Menaphite Empire †~~

~~~Search for the laws of harmony, and you will find knowledge~~~

---

02-Oct-2016 23:27:52

Arya Thorel

Arya Thorel

Posts: 973 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ghosts
and
Witches
and
Creatures
of
Fright,

don't
miss
the
call
of
Halloween
night.

Come
one,
come
all
in
the
threads
of
the
season,

if
you
miss
this
bash,
tis
an
act
of
treason!

Wear
your
wildest
costume
and
bring
your
tastiest
date!

When:
October
29th

Time:
5:00
pm
EST /
9:00
pm
GMT

Where:
Canifis
lodestone

Dancing,
skilling,
costume
contest
and
more!
Arya Thorel

Queen of
Isafdar
"No ruler that ever lived had the support of all the people." ~TL

03-Oct-2016 17:52:04

Sora Verus
Jun Member 2014

Sora Verus

Posts: 4,264 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
An Epic Fool said :
Sora Verus said :
The Kingdom of Varrock will be building a bank as well as a wall around our Lumbridge claim.

Also - agreed that allies should serve a higher purpose, however I'm not entirely on board with the beacon idea.

Yes to the wall, but you do not have enough Energy for a bank (need 20).

tfw I can't do basic math.

For this week, we'd like to build a wall around Edgeville. ^^

Discord: Indie#2017

03-Oct-2016 22:18:29

Quick find code: 90-91-990-65815213 Back to Top