The Name: Discussion Thread

Quick find code: 90-91-840-65764165

Sookie Lala

Sookie Lala

Posts: 49,349 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Corugi said :
Update:
Message from clan Grief.

We have decided to also form a normal boring clan for the sole purpose of getting the ava bonus on Invention. This clan will therefore be an anti-anti-clan. We are thinking of calling it clan "Sell Out"

We just need someone who knows how to run it.

We are prepared to let you peasants in The Name go free if you give us Sookie. We will also forgive all your debts, We feel this is a great deal for you guys.

You can all join our clan if you like, get us to tier 7 and then we will kick you all out, in the name of grief of course.

Or, I could help you run your new clan by advising you on what to do? I prefer the first option though, it is more in line with what clan grief is all about.
:)
:) :) :) :)

31-Aug-2016 06:15:17

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well its like this.

We have come to the conclusion that...

1) We want the smallest clan possible that can support one avatar.

Is this feasible with only 5 to 6 active members?

2) We want to do as little citadel work as possible in order to maintain the avatar.

In other words, does a T1 citadel support an ava?

3) We only want to train invention with the ava. Well mostly anyway.

In other words, can you take the ava into the invention guild and get the 6% bonus?

Explanation:

Basically the best ava use comes from having as few members as possible. For that reason we want to be as small a clan as possible.

We basically just want members who are maxed in practically everything expect invention. So when we do have an ava out it will be at the invention guild 99% of the time. Giving the maximum benefit to anyone who is online at the time. In addition none of us will have any interest in training other skills so we want citadel work at the minimum.

The thing though is whether you are actually able to take an ava into the invention guild and whether the ava bonus will actually apply to invention xp. I have been there quite a bit and have never seen one, which strikes me as odd since surely people would be chasing this if it were possible.

Clan Grief has sort of run its course. It was fun. But its time to reinvent ourselves. As something new. As something dynamic and interesting. As something progressive and exciting. Yes. As a pack of cold minded xp hungry bastards.

Sookie, its time for you to move onto greater things. I am sure the Name will run very well without you. Join clan "Sell Out" and lead us dumb nubs onto VICTORY! Think of the great things you could achieve! Like...ummm. like LOSING YOUR BANK! Oh...no wait, you have already lost that. Ummm.. Okay, how about....NOT WORRYING ABOUT TIER SEVEN CITADEL! Evar!

Go on, admit it, its appealing....
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

31-Aug-2016 09:22:33

Sookie Lala

Sookie Lala

Posts: 49,349 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1) Yes but at least 5 members will need to visit the citadel each week, and collect upkeep. It will be only woodcutting and will need 1850 resources each week, I think. I think the resource cap for tier 1 is 1k.

2)yes, but you will need to build the habitat which costs 3k wood on top of your upkeep. You will get one avatar once built.

3) You cannot take an avatar into the guild but there are invention desks around the place where you can take it, for example varrock smith next to the bank.

It is appealing lol but you guys will survive without me.
:) :) :) :)

31-Aug-2016 12:17:00

Corugi

Corugi

Posts: 19,109 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you for that info and advice. I hereby pardon you of all the WAR CRIMES you have committed.

*quickly runs a cost/benefit analysis to determine if the citadel effort is worth the 6% ava bonus*

*computer breaks*

I think you just talked me ( and the computer ) out of it.

Tbh I have managed to raise invention to level 97 so far with fairly minimum cost, indeed some profit, after taking out opportunity cost. Once I hit 99 I am going ease off and let bxp build up on it. Focus on doing comp reqs, quests and tasks for a while instead.

I have also found that afking rod-o-matics to be pretty damned easy. Just time consuming, but nothing that
EXTREMELY LOUD MUSIC
playing in the background of my room cant solve.
I failed to keep my New Year's resolution before I even made it.

10-Sep-2016 11:08:30 - Last edited on 10-Sep-2016 11:10:40 by Corugi

Trout_Smackr
Jul Member 2019

Trout_Smackr

Posts: 284 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like to discuss how we could make the clan more active if you are still trying to keep it going, sookie. I just started playing RS again and i feel like ill be back for sometime. I could provide help in doing so if you're interested.

23-Jan-2017 06:19:16

Quick find code: 90-91-840-65764165 Back to Top