Forums

Clan Cloak upgrades

Quick find code: 74-75-704-66254976

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Posts: 6,207 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also, for what it is worth, this would really help in things like Clan Wars, which still has quite the sizable kevel of participation still. Safe pvp is not dead, even with how sucky the combat system is. Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

02-Jul-2022 04:15:41

Adarajin
Jan Member 2005

Adarajin

Posts: 14,238 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
as an alternative, allow for a "clan cloak" cosmetic override, that will mimic your cloak instead of a single default display.

Either way, this is a good idea.
Things may be looking down now, but I see a light at the end of the tunnel;
Do you think I should get off the tracks?

02-Jul-2022 04:44:59

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Adarajin said :
as an alternative, allow for a "clan cloak" cosmetic override, that will mimic your cloak instead of a single default display.

Either way, this is a good idea.
I mean there is a Clan Cloak overrie, it just doesn't show in pvp areas, because in pvp areas you're supposed to be able to tell at a glance what you are up against. Not be seeing an Air Staff override only for them to be wielding a Noxious Staff.
Leader of The Enemy ||
The opposite of Justice is simply another Justice. What is Evil is subjective to each person.
YOU
are their evil

02-Jul-2022 20:05:14

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Posts: 559 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This sounds like a good idea in general, although if it's meant for PvP situations then there could be the same issue that has led to cosmetic overrides being disabled in those areas. While it wouldn't be as problematic as the example of someone disguising a noxious staff as a staff of air, it might still make a difference if some players have very powerful capes at their disposal (such as max or comp) or ones that offer unique tactical advantages (such as the spirit cape; although this would be a moot point if only the stats would apply to the clan cloak). Spirit of Forinthry ~ Runecrafting: Magic Armour ~ F2P Extensions ~ Dragon Slayer improvements ~ New Player Experience

16-Jul-2022 15:28:07 - Last edited on 16-Jul-2022 15:36:23 by Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Seasons Past

Posts: 559 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To simplify the process a bit, I might suggest the following tweaks:

1. The clan cloak's stats would automatically default to those of the strongest unlocked untradeable cape with the hybrid or "all" style (such as skillcapes, the cape of legends, and each tier of the Ardougne cloak). At minimum, the clan cloak would have stats equal to those of any team cape.

2. Players would be able to change the clan cloak's stats manually by bringing any untradeable cape to the Captain of the Guard; doing this would be reversible and would consume the cape. Upon reverting the clan cloak's stats, the associated cape would be returned to the player.
Spirit of Forinthry ~ Runecrafting: Magic Armour ~ F2P Extensions ~ Dragon Slayer improvements ~ New Player Experience

16-Jul-2022 15:41:47

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Yeah, I was only thinking stats. At minnimum giving it even default stats equal to team capes would be a good step forward. The whole point is to make it so the it can be less Friend Chats in pvp, and more clans. I want clans to be more at the forefront of the game again. At this point they've deteriorated to just another place to hang out and chat for a lot of players. A lot of playera don't have that clanning spirit anymore. Leader of The Enemy ||
YOU
are their evil

17-Jul-2022 20:41:02

Jack Flac
Feb Member 2022

Jack Flac

Honestly I know I'm probably delusional in wishing for this this late in the game, I know there are still some older clans that hold rivalries between eachother and whatnot, but most clans don't really fight against other clans just because they see them as causing issues for them or other players. They just kindof, keep to themselves, and ignore everyone else, including those inside their own clan a lot of the time. Leader of The Enemy ||
YOU
are their evil

18-Jul-2022 14:26:00

Quick find code: 74-75-704-66254976 Back to Top