Forums

~Woodcutting Rework~

Quick find code: 74-75-421-66221148

Daddy Roshi
Jan Member 2018

Daddy Roshi

Posts: 3,348 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sylvanheart said :
Very cool ideas. I agree that Woodcutting feels a bit outdated. Though, it doesn't feel that much more outdated than plenty of other activities in the game so... as much as I'd love for this rework to happen fairly soon, I expect it will end up on the backburner for quite some time.
which activities are u referring to if i may ask sylvan? Just out of curiosity

Personally i feel a wc/fm rework is really needed the last update to wc was probably what? Elder trees? And fm got bonfires which are basically useless when u have the priff bonfire right next to a bank and if I'm after a hp boost ill use my elder bonfire pit in wars retreat so i sont even need to burn my own logs for that either wc really fell behind when the mining and smithing rework came out so its about time it got some love too at least better tier hatchets if nothing else
200m defence 08-10-2021

comp cape 12-19-2021

11-Feb-2022 02:25:26

Waste man260
Apr Member 2022

Waste man260

Posts: 1,446 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not a bad Idea... I thought it would be neat as an idea to add to this topic thread that it would be neat if Each Tree was ''sacred'' meaning you can only chop the tree every X-XX days in the location of chopping.

This means.. for example: you can cut a total of ______ Tree/Oak/Willow/Yew/Maple/Magic/Elder/EXC/_____/

In each area there is 1 Tree like the elder tree for example; but there are 1-___ Elder trees around RuneScape. So Chopping each one primally and waiting for the responding being X-XXDays per location would be an idea too.

To implement that though you would have to address a higher supply and demand for the price action of Each Tree instead of being a Easter Egg worth nothing LIKE MEEE -___-
A-D-S

10-Feb-2023 18:13:43

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So based on their latest upcoming updates:
- Fort is getting a woodcutting grove
- we are getting the T80 Hatchet (likely Imcando like the Pickaxe and Mattock)
- some other update to woodcutting in terms of also be making some balancing improvements to the Woodcutting experience alongside the update too. Probably improvements to the painfully slow wooductting, ie: Yew, Magic

29-Apr-2023 03:00:13

Daddy Roshi
Jan Member 2018

Daddy Roshi

Posts: 3,348 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deltaslug said :
- some other update to woodcutting in terms of also be making some balancing improvements to the Woodcutting experience alongside the update too. Probably improvements to the painfully slow wooductting, ie: Yew, Magic
so excited for the new hatchet cant wait to get it :P
200m defence 08-10-2021

comp cape 12-19-2021

06-May-2023 15:47:15

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Daddy Roshi said :
Deltaslug said :
so excited for the new hatchet cant wait to get it :P

Already happening, and we are not just getting improvements to the "slow woodcutting" but also more and better usages of logs and planks for construction.

08-Jul-2023 18:52:12

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

Posts: 1,017 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't really see what the problem is. You click on a thing and wait until the thing disappears, or a health bar goes down. Then you click on a thing again. That is how all skills work. Woodcutting, mining, fishing, hunter, farming, archeology, divination, combat etc. Click, wait, click, wait, click, wait... That is all the game is.

09-Jul-2023 11:40:31

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This may need to come back to Cole if the current update achieves what he was originally aiming for.

Part of the core issue was chop rate.
You ever saw how bad the XP/hr, let along logs per hour were with Yew and Magic Trees.

We got a new hatchet. Lots of people have done testing. It definitely works.

But they addressed the issue with cutting trees. No long is your best XP rates doing lower tier trees. Same with using crystalize on trees. At least not to the extreme we had in the past.
Now a player can legit cut Crystal Trees, Magic Trees, etc and get decent XP rates.

In addition, the XP rates have indeed been buffed above the 150k/hr that you had to suffer thru using what was formerly best in slot setups.

09-Jul-2023 18:48:08

Quick find code: 74-75-421-66221148 Back to Top