Forums

Dragons of Surdaus

Quick find code: 49-50-979-51303065

Chuk

Chuk

Posts: 14,177 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, Art
A Guild of Song and Myth dropping by and requesting that you be more active. Capt and I are back from our vacations now, and we're trying to prod people back into motion. Remember to drop by and have a chat!
We need to see a post on the thread by Monday, August 10. Failing that, you will be removed from the members list.
-- Chuk

04-Aug-2009 01:14:42

Tava60

Tava60

Posts: 1,017 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
God Arthas your lucky, I was going to flame you so bad for ending it like that... Of course you made up for it with what you wrote after the White Dragon dying. So in a whole good. My only problem is that conflict/resolution was a bit fast, now a conflict can be anywhere, but resolution has to be near the end, and I just have to say you could of but alot more before the end. But I won't cry over spilled milk, and this was really tasty milk too.
*please note that when I refer to the end I don't mean the actual end, I mean the death of the White Dragon.*
P.S. is one story done or will you continue it?

24-Nov-2009 12:32:33

xxDkreignxx

xxDkreignxx

Posts: 10,061 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, I loved it!!!!!!!!!! Skye moves around a bit too much when you're going to learn to fly, though, and the flying controls are weird, to say the least. Using the updrafts system to learn to fly is very interesting, though... and unique. You think you could make the characters you have to talk to stay still? They're like little rockets, they move so fast!
EDIT: Forget what I just said here; it won't let me play as Aaron's avatar because I don't have C+C.
One last thing... is it possible to remove the teleportation thing at the beginning or do you have to have it?

Tava - Yes, I know, I'm working on lengthening this book; I'm hoping to acquire Taunt's help in that department, actually. This Spore quest shows promise, though almost all of the avatars only work in C+C! And I'm on Book 6.
Speaking of that, Taunt... your Emerald Dragon statue looks like a gorilla.

08-Dec-2009 06:34:37 - Last edited on 08-Dec-2009 07:48:57 by xxDkreignxx

Smok Taunter

Smok Taunter

Posts: 58,110 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How so?
Well I couldn't much help the movement of the characters because move of them are so small. I toned the NPC's down to walk slower but you still rocket about all over the place. So I couldn't help much with that.
As for the flying part, I wouldn't much recommend using the mouse, I don't think it can get you to the hidden jump pads as easily as the directional keys. I could do it just fine with WADS.
As for the teleporter, that was when the point where Aaron fall unconcious when he leave the wood. I tried to move a few trees around so it forces you into the middle. It didn't help did it?
And dow how does it look like a gorrila? Front legs too high? I can lower them on the non-statued version if I choose to go furthure. As its a statue I don't expect them to be accurate interpratations and various parts of the anatomy off. I still have room to wiggle the dragons about.

08-Dec-2009 21:18:27 - Last edited on 08-Dec-2009 21:20:10 by Smok Taunter

xxDkreignxx

xxDkreignxx

Posts: 10,061 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Search Dragons of Surdaus; I couldnt play your version of it because of the C+C parts so I... changed it a bit. Aaron's avatar is just a green Skye's avatar, in case you're wondering where I got it.
I did the test run of it from the editing thing because i couldn't load it from Adventure Select, and that's what came out. All I changed really was that I stuck Zek in; the rest was auto-changed to allow me to access the Quest.
No, not the unconsciousness part, at the VERY beginning, as in when you arrive in the quest.

09-Dec-2009 13:03:23 - Last edited on 09-Dec-2009 13:15:01 by xxDkreignxx

Quick find code: 49-50-979-51303065 Back to Top