Forums

Kingdom of Asgarnia

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie was enjoying the the market and the freedom of traveling for a while. Then she saw Aranel running towards her and grabbed her hand to take her to the boat. She was nodded to Aranel because, she knew it was an emergency and she trusted her. She got into the boat,and laid down staying quiet. She was so scared that the guards would find her. She knew she had to control her emotion and stay calm. -Dances-

14-Apr-2019 21:39:33

Azi Demonica

Azi Demonica

Posts: 5,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The gates slowly moved, bit by bit. There was only so much a teenage girl could do, evena very tall one, but everyone did their part.

The guard shouted for another round of work.

“Yeah, gotcha!” Two-two called to assure her willingness to get into the next job.

Aureus reappeared to tell them good news. Two-two made a vigorous nod.

“A few dwarves are better than nothing. My plan is that, the more dwarves who join our cause, the more likely knights or guards will also join us. If we get enough numbers, we’ll be able to challenge Sir Varze’s authority. If the people are upset with him, we might overthrow him. Don’t you think you’d be more suitable as the leader? You’re quite helpful to the people here, you’re wealthy, you are respected. Meanwhile, everyone hates Sir Varze.” Two-two’s demeanor had shifted.

#

Whilst the female dwarf walked, she had seen a fiery thing up in the sky. She watched it fly south-east and found it quite remarkable.

14-Apr-2019 21:44:33

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,406 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Garrett chuckled a bit, catching his breath after the exertion but not seeming all too tired. Of course, the same might not have been said for the rest of the workers.

"Still kickin' on my end, but some of the others are lookin' a little rough," He replied to the guard, gesturing to the dwarves and workers - some of who looked alright, but others seemed to be panting for breath. A break would probably do them some good. Right on time, in fact, as Aureus came running up to them a moment later - Gareth had arrived to aid the last lifting efforts as well, the sailor noted.

Garrett still couldn't help but wince a little as all three individuals had their say - Gareth interjecting himself in the midst of it, apparently having overheard some of the whispered conversation. The noble had apparently recruited the captain of the Black Guard along with two of his men, certainly not weak links, with Joric apparently on the fence? That wasn't quite clear. Then came Two-Two, bluntly declaring her own plan out of nowhere - to recruit enough dwarves, guards and knights to their 'cause' and overthrow Sir Amik, then going so far as to suggest Aureus as the new ruler.

All in front of Gareth as well.

" No offense, you two need ta' work on your subtlety, " He muttered with a shake of his head, trying to figure out how best to approach this influx of information, suggestions and explanation. First of all he had to figure out whether to involve Gareth, the blacksmith certainly having helped out against the warlord but... This didn't seem like something to pull him into, and describing what they intended to him would likely only cause problems.

The sailor sighed deeply, thankful that it was ONLY Gareth who was near enough to hear the talking. He turned to the blacksmith.

" Short version? Heard about the attack and came back ta' help out, despite all the... Other stuff. " He shook his head at him, clearly exasperated. " Beyond that? Workin' on it. "

At this point he
I am Inferi.

14-Apr-2019 22:26:39

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,406 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
didn't think Gareth hearing the rest of what he was going to say would matter too much, given none of it was as... Blatant, as Two-Two's suggestions. Garrett looked at Aureus first.

" Good work on the recruitment, those numbers should work for what I'm thinkin', Joric or no Joric, " He said, albeit it wasn't entirely true depending on a few factors - but they'd cross that bridge when they came to it. Or better yet, fully flesh it out once everyone was gathered together. Then, reluctantly, he turned to Two-Two.

" Look, I figure you mean well and all - but that ain't anythin' ta' do with what I had in mind. This ain't- this thing- " He stopped himself a moment, trying to find the right words. " Save that for another time, alright? "
I am Inferi.

14-Apr-2019 22:26:43

Hell Wizard
Nov Member 2023

Hell Wizard

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On hearing what Two-Two said, Aureus got the shock of his life. He was taken aback and quickly leaned forward trying to cup his hand on Two-Two's mouth under her face.

Don't ever let anyone hear that! Not only I will die, you will die, my servants will die, my family, my friends, them dwarves, Sir Amik will stop at nothing. The white knights are extremely loyal, they know and recognize nothing but the leader at the helm. Besides, it's not my kind of job. To manage a business and build network? Yeah. To lead a country and fight a war? I think I'll pass. Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't think a civil war and mutiny would do any good to Falador right now.
Aureus whispered to Two-Two.

After making sure Two-Two understood what he said, Aureus turned to Garrett and cupped his own mouth with his hands and whispered in Garrett ears, in the lowest volume possible to make sure Gareth wouldn't hear anything except some faint mumbling,
I don't trust this guy. He didn't come with us the first time around, and he probably met Sir Amik already. He doesn't know where we are going, or when. Now we have everything ready, I think at least now the 3 of us should leave this guy and then the city as soon as possible and hope the girls and the bird will be at "that place" to rendezvous with us. Hopefully captain too, though I don't know what Joric would say to him to change his mind.
Here for nostalgia and all the times RS has provided me with boundless imagination and creativity.

15-Apr-2019 05:08:11 - Last edited on 15-Apr-2019 05:11:02 by Hell Wizard

Hell Wizard
Nov Member 2023

Hell Wizard

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After Aureus left, Captain Hovrec Brewborn was still downing his beer in The Rising Sun Inn, one after another. Joric, who was once in the same unit as Captain came over and tried to persuade him not to go with the men, but to confront Sir Amik in public instead.

There is about 40 of us left here. With two third of us miners. On the surface there is no chance we can fight the men, and the only entrance to the mine in Falador is sealed. I have no idea why the men did that. I tried to warn them against it. The black knights wont stand a chance against us in the mine, but the white knights thought they wanted to take the fight above ground behind the walls. There's no way I'm getting along with them.

Captain took another sip.

Aureus is right. That boy has traded with me for a long time ever since I came to Falador. We will be sitting ducks once the black knights attack Falador. Those wall can't hold against a coordinate attack by the barbarians, how do you think it will do against the Black Knights with proper armour and equipment. Besides, Sir Amik will not listen to us. He has too much of an ego. I experienced it first hand when I told him not to seal off my mine, now he will bear the consequences.

Captain then put his hand on Joric's shoulder,
Joric, you don't have to come with me. Stay here and protect the rest of the dwarves, I hope the white knights can hold off the attack long enough for me to get help. Meanwhile, I can't be here waiting for a siege to happen. I'll have to try. I used to have a lot of men in Ice Mountain encampment, only 10 made it here. Damn those black knights. I will go look for my men, dead or alive.

We are dwarves, and I'm not going to stand behind a wall and try to fight men in black armour, that's disadvantageous. There's a lot of I can use in the Ice Mountain encampment, if I can find the engineers and the parts. You know what I mean?
Captain grinned and put down his empty glass.
Here for nostalgia and all the times RS has provided me with boundless imagination and creativity.

15-Apr-2019 05:26:29 - Last edited on 15-Apr-2019 05:27:44 by Hell Wizard

Azi Demonica

Azi Demonica

Posts: 5,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Garrett was right. Two-two could work on subtleness, but that clearly did not go naturally with her and whatever fantasies brewed in that bulbous head of hers. Not even the gods should know what went on inside that disaster.

“Oh? OK, we’ll save it for another time, then,” Two-two replied to Garrett’s somewhat struggled response. She did not realize Aureus’ shock. Two-two did not seem capable to understand emotions very well, and then Aureus’ hands went on her face (she had taken her helm off sometime ago when she helped in repairs). Her cheeks rolled up from the pressure, and Aureus explained to the wannabe rebel the consequences of blatant disobedience. Indeed, co-operation seemed better than revolution for Falador.

“Hmm?” Two-two tried to hear what Aureus whispered to Garrett, but could not. Two-two turned her head and looked at Gareth, “Who are you?”

15-Apr-2019 08:28:47

Riniya

Riniya

Posts: 662 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The guard had respectfully moved away while the trio joined back together to discuss their next steps, effectively letting the helpers rest. Everyone else was just standing around in small groups talking and the head guard decided to get things back in motion.
"All right everyone! Seems like you have had a decent break if you can talk."
He laughed, letting everyone know he wasn't angry and was joking.
"We have one more gate to get up, then you are free to be dismissed!"
He clapped his hands and the dwarves and knights got back in place, to first lift the gate, then push to raise it to the wall. The spread around the gate that was laying on the ground, and got their handholds, waiting on the command to lift. The head guard walked over to the group.
"Can I count on your help again? If so, do you mind taking your places."

Aranel waited as she listened to the guards stop and talk and then eventually move away towards the Wizards Tower.
They know.
Aranel moved away from her hiding spot and went back to the boat for Annie.
"Stay with me. Do not leave
."

Aranel went back to the bank and once again sat down.
"They continued on to the Tower. We don't have any pressing urgency right now but we will have to get moving soon. Rest while you can."
There isn't one.

15-Apr-2019 13:08:54

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie was very happy to see Aranel come back for her. She got out of the boat and said in a scared voice,
”I will stay with you."
She followed Aranel back to the bank. She listened what Aranel just told her about they went to the wizard tower as she sat next to Aranel at the bank to rest as best as she can. She said in a scared, whisper voice,
"They know we went to the wizard tower for my training because that's where they are going to capture us. The Wizards are in danger. We need to help them."
-Dances-

15-Apr-2019 13:25:38 - Last edited on 15-Apr-2019 17:07:45 by Annie1227

Inferi

Inferi

Posts: 35,939 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
She'd missed them? That was bad, very bad. If they were headed back, and she hadn't seen them, then it was already possible that they had come into contact with the guards and her attempts here had been useless. It was only a few hours, so they couldn't have gotten too far, but without knowing how far behind her the guards were it was impossible to say for sure how things were going.

Spinning around so that she was facing back down the bridge in the direction she had come, Seyasiani started running, shifting into a phoenix as she did and then taking off as swiftly as she could manage. The thought that she wasn't going to make this in time granted her a brief reprieve from the fatigue, but although she wasn't thinking about it there was no way it could last forever.

Her flight took her over the roads, and on those roads below she managed to catch sight of the very guards she had been attempting to outpace. The sight was strange: they were still heading towards the tower, but they were closer to it than the people she was trying to find should be. Either they had already caught them and sent them back with a few guards while the others went to the tower, or they had missed them along the way.

Either way, Seyasiani's path was the same, and it led back towards Draynor.

Upon her arrival in the town's airspace, she did not land, but rather began circling overhead, looking down at the ground in an attempt to find those she was searching for. In doing so, however, she was forced to lower her altitude slightly, which would mean that, if someone was scanning the skies, they would be able to see her. She knew it was possible they were not here or that they were hiding somewhere, but an aerial view right now seemed like the best first approach.
Done in by the dubious doings of destiny.

15-Apr-2019 17:06:25

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335 Back to Top