Forums

Kingdom of Asgarnia

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335

Riniya

Riniya

Posts: 662 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The guard turned around when he heard someone speaking and his eyes lit up when he saw Garrett.
"Oh. Its you! I saw you fight the leader of the barbarians. You did really well! And you stopped him from hurting that woman with the magic!"
He shook his head and held out his hand.
"I appreciate your offer to help! We have a few of the dwarves still around from the fighting, and I think about 10 escaped from the outpost. Unfortunately we are down in our numbers. We had a lot dead and a great number of injured. We need to get this gate back attached to the wall."
He turned and looked at the dwarves struggling to lift the gate that's 10x their height.
"The dwarves re-in-forced it but they are too short to attach it. We need some humans to help push a little higher on the gate so my guys on top of the rampart can attach the top. Do you mind helping?"
He turned back to Garrett.

Aranel looked down at Annie confused.
"No. Black knights have nothing to do with Sir Amik."
She kept walking, eager to get back to Falador as quickly as possible. She was worried about the group she left behind.
There isn't one.

13-Apr-2019 16:07:07

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie repiled as she followed,
”oh ok. I was just wondering. How far are we from Falador?”
She was scared going back to falador because she might get capture from Sir Amik. She kept an eye out for white knights.
-Dances-

13-Apr-2019 16:19:07 - Last edited on 13-Apr-2019 16:19:39 by Annie1227

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,406 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Garrett shook the guard's outstretched hand, his other rubbing at the back of his head a bit sheepishly from the praise. It was one thing to be complimented on how he fought by a man who was trying to get him to work for him, it was quite another for a run of the mill guard to want to shake his hand for it.

" I'd call it mostly luck, " He replied with a light chuckle, taking his hand back once the man started explaining the situation. Getting the gate back into place was a rough task indeed, the lack of a crane or particularly serious building equipment making it far, far more difficult than it otherwise would be. Garrett couldn't say he was pleased with what he had to work with but, for, now, he figured he could give just enough of an edge to get it into place. He nodded. " Ain't any trouble, let's get down ta' it! "

With that the sailor headed over to where the dwarves were trying to lift the gate, taking only a second to figure out the position where he could be of the most use. Moving up between two dwarves he planted his hands firmly against the surface of the gate, fully aware of just how heavy the thing was simply by testing his strength against it. He turned, readying himself into a position to use his shoulder once it was high enough, and signalled to the overseer that he was good to go.
I am Inferi.

13-Apr-2019 16:40:05

Riniya

Riniya

Posts: 662 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aranel glanced at Annie.
"About 2 days. We will need to stop and rest soon. I wonder if there is somewhere to stop in Draynor."
Aranel glanced around.
"We are still a couple hours out from Draynor though, its amazing how far the gloom reaches. I wonder why its so gloomy here."

The guard watched as Garrett found a place to stand and signaled he was ready.
"All right everyone!"
More guards moved around and got their places next to Garrett.
"Drop the ropes!!"
The guards on top of the rampart dropped some ropes with hooks attached to the end and they caught on the top of the gate.
"Everyone all together now!"
The guard waved his hand and yelled.
"Pull the ropes and push the gate! Go!"
There isn't one.

13-Apr-2019 17:00:49

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie replied in a shock voice,
”wow that’s far. Sounds good to me to stop in Draynor. There has to be a place to stop in Draynor. Yes it’s amazing about this gloom. To tell you the truth, I am afraid to go back to Falador. I don’t want to become a slave to Sir Amik.”
-Dances-

13-Apr-2019 17:17:22 - Last edited on 13-Apr-2019 18:31:39 by Annie1227

Hell Wizard
Nov Member 2023

Hell Wizard

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aureus left Garrett and Two-Two to look for the dwarves and entice their help in Rising Sun Inn. Aureus pasaed through the wooden door that swings open into the bar at the bottom level of the inn, and was greeted by a rather depressing scene. Although most of the tables were occupied, most of the patrons were quiet and only sitting down to sip a drink after a long day of work trying to repair the defence or worrying when another bloody battle will descend upon them.

Aureus looked around for a bit and found a dwarf in armour who looked familiar to him sitting on a table alone.
Joric! I knew I would catch you here. What are you doing? You left us once we entered Falador, we have already met Sir Amik. I have a proposition. I hope you hear me out.
Here for nostalgia and all the times RS has provided me with boundless imagination and creativity.

13-Apr-2019 18:35:29 - Last edited on 14-Apr-2019 18:14:45 by Hell Wizard

Inferi

Inferi

Posts: 35,939 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Her wings beating swiftly as her streamlined form cut through the air, Seyasiani quickly left behind the airspace of the city of Falador. The map she had seen had indicated that the tower she wanted to get to was multiple days traveling on foot, but she knew that her own passage through the skies would render such travel estimates obsolete. That was one of the many advantages to taking to the skies; travel was much easier and much faster, and also much more refreshing when one was forced to travel alone.

Even so, she still knew she had to make haste. If there were soldiers that had already been sent out, then she was behind them, and there was no telling what might happen if she did not get there first. Seyasiani wanted to believe that people didn’t want to kill or cause harm to others, but when someone evil was behind it all it was impossible to know that would be the case. Whether she could help after delivering the message, she didn’t know, but she wanted to, and that was what was important.

So intent was she on getting there that she didn’t take much time to survey the ground below. Only briefly did she do this, and only once in a while to check and see if she could spot the soldiers she was supposed to be outpacing. Unless they were superhuman, she did not think they could get there first, but knowing where they were was important if it could be attained. Unfortunately, with the route she was taking, such a sight was not to be found, something she took as a good sign for the time being.
Done in by the dubious doings of destiny.

14-Apr-2019 02:54:14

Inferi

Inferi

Posts: 35,939 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As the green landscape turned into the port town below, before being swiftly replaced by sea and then solid ground again, she could feel the hours melting away. With the passage of time came the onset of fatigue, and it was difficult not to slow her pace just slightly, letting the air currents carry her blazing wings as she took a brief respite from her swift flight. While she knew she was approaching, it was a welcome sight when the tower and bridge leading to it came into sight, and an even more welcome sight when there were no knights in her sight.

Diving as she began to move down the bridge and towards the tower, Seyasiani came in for a landing on the stones within a hundred feet of the doors. Her claws made a rather loud clacking for a moment while she came to a halt, and were then replaced by the footfalls of leather boots as she transformed back into a human and approached the doors at a half-walk, half-run pace.
Done in by the dubious doings of destiny.

14-Apr-2019 02:54:27

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,406 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On the signal Garrett braced himself and lifted - taking great care not to strain himself too much, for as anyone should know too much strain will cause injury. Between the gathered workers, human and dwarf alike, the gate steadily rose into place with their combined strength. The sailor grunted, measuring the weight even as he worked to lift it, making a careful judgement that despite their lack of equipment they were doing things as best they could - and from what he could tell, it was going smoothly.

With another heave from the workers the door was shifted into place, and finally with another call from the overseer it was clear for them to let go. Almost as one Garrett and company stepped back and, thankfully, the gate did not come tumbling down. That was the heaviest part done, now they could move on to the next stage of the repairs.

They just needed to lend their aid until Aureus returned - with or without additional company.
I am Inferi.

14-Apr-2019 03:47:48

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335 Back to Top