Forums

Kingdom of Asgarnia

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335

Riniya

Riniya

Posts: 662 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sir Amik watched as the dwarves argued and Aureus left the city. He watched as Gareth said something to Garrett before walking away. He decided that now would be a good time to approach. He left the ramparts and made his way down the levels of the keep. He walked through the courtyard and noticed the lack of knights and shook his head. He walked through the portcullis and to the end of the bridge, but did not step off.

"You sent a squire for me? That is not protocol, but yet here I am. What can I do for you?"
He was smiling broadly. He had his act of the friendly interim king back on and waited patiently for Joric or the Captain to speak.
There isn't one.

16-Apr-2019 13:42:32 - Last edited on 16-Apr-2019 13:45:06 by Riniya

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,406 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
With another great effort from the workers the gate was soon set into place, cheers rising up as the guard in charge called for a round at the Rising Sun. Garrett almost went along with the rest, images of ale coming to him as he realized just how thirsty he was - only to stop himself after a few steps, clenching one hand into a fist and taking a deep breath. No... He wanted a drink, he really wanted a drink, but now wasn't the time for him to fall back into that habit. His hand relaxed again, offering a smile and a nod to the guard as he went on to join his workers, only noting what he'd said about Amik after he'd walked off.

Of course, for all his efforts the others didn't seem to want to share in them. Two-Two ran off to the pub to get a beer and, turning when he heard raised voices, Garrett found Gareth and Aureus getting into a heated argument - the blacksmith having apparently overheard what Aureus had whispered to the sailor. Rather than do the easiest thing to clear the air, apologize, the man in gold doubled down and tried turning it back on the blacksmith - only serving to worsen his position not only to the blacksmith but also to the nearby guards who had noticed the disagreement.

The exchange culminated in Aureus leaving through the repaired gates, his attitude very much like the prideful rude nobility Garrett usually heard mutters about. When the blacksmith turned to address him the sailor couldn't help but shake his head in sheer exasperation.

" Friend is a strong word... " He grunted, clearly not looking very pleased with how any of that had gone down. That was a poor show from the noble and, should word spread about how he'd acted, it was possible he'd find himself with some lost standing amidst the common population.

By Guthix why had he gone and gotten involved in all this?

Over in the plaza two dwarves seemed to be arguing, one of which he recognized as Joric - though he couldn't quite hear what they were arguing about.
I am Inferi.

16-Apr-2019 14:04:05

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,406 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
He would have to set that aside however, shaking his head as he stepped towards the gate and slipped out while eyes were focused on the arguing dwarves. He started heading east along the wall, spotting the noble several metres ahead of him, but chose not to close the distance right now. He was, frankly, a bit angry about what he'd seen. I am Inferi.

16-Apr-2019 14:04:08

Hell Wizard
Nov Member 2023

Hell Wizard

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aureus kept walking, with his heads down, masked face expressionless, not noticing that Garrett was just behind him. Out of frustration he swung his foot at a nearby daisy, only for the daisy to flex to the ground following to the force of his boot and spring back to upright position after that.

A proud noble he was, there was no way he would compromise to a lowlife who eavesdrop on him, started and escalated a fight with him and was speaking rudely with vulgarity most of the time. Besides, he didn't trust him, and he had his reasons, for which he was not ready to share or reveal except for himself until it's time for others to see. Aureus believed in his own judgement, more so than what others would think of him or his position, after all he was not trying to become a hero or saint, only business and the city of Falador in his mind.

What a suspicious and shady guy.
He thought to himself as he walked, with nothing but a backpack and runite pickaxe still wrapped in white cloth. The sun was almost down now, with the sky started appearing golden yellow, much like the hues of the gold bars Aureus stacked in his estate back in Falador.

As the heated argument between Joric and Captain continued, Sir Amik made his entrance. People all around Falador stopped their work and came over to greet Sir Amik, and to see what drama would unfold next, with four dwarves heavily armed standing across Sir Amik.
Here for nostalgia and all the times RS has provided me with boundless imagination and creativity.

16-Apr-2019 15:38:56 - Last edited on 18-Apr-2019 10:40:20 by Hell Wizard

Hell Wizard
Nov Member 2023

Hell Wizard

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All the people in the city centre surrounded Sir Amik and the dwarves, forming a semi circle around them, paying full attention, waiting to see what would unfold next. Here for nostalgia and all the times RS has provided me with boundless imagination and creativity.

16-Apr-2019 15:52:46 - Last edited on 18-Apr-2019 10:38:50 by Hell Wizard

Inferi

Inferi

Posts: 35,939 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh. Two bows were aimed at her now. That wasn’t exactly a good start, although now that she actually thought about it that type of reaction was something she really should have tried to avoid. They were being hunted, she hadn’t met them yet, most people didn’t even know what a phoenix really was, and she was special even among the few of her race that were present in this world.

And, to make matters worse, the amount of breath she had left was hardly sufficient to talk, so every word came out strained. It was actually quite impressive that she had managed to land without stumbling.

Seyasiani. Here from Garrett. Wants you to go north of Draynor Manor. Knights after you.

As soon as she finished the rather rushed and incomplete answers, Seyasiani dropped into a sitting position on the ground, her legs unwilling to keep her standing anymore. She’d been tired before, but this was something new, and she felt like such an idiot for rushing so much only to be unable to even make it any farther. An adventurer was supposed to be able to deal with this without any problem.
Done in by the dubious doings of destiny.

16-Apr-2019 18:15:23

Riniya

Riniya

Posts: 662 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aranel waited and listened as the girl spoke and informed them of why she was here. At the mention of Garrett, Aranel dropped her bow and put it on her back once again. Aranel crouched next to Seya and looked at her closely. This woman knew things that she would only get from Garrett. Aranel met the girls eyes, the fading sun reflecting in the cold blue of Aranel's eyes. She held out her hand and smiled underneath her facecloth.
"I'm Aranel. This is Annie."
Aranel gestured back to Annie.
"The group is leaving Falador and wants to meet us at Draynor Manor?"
Aranel furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.
"Where is this manor? Why are they leaving Falador? What happened with Amik?"

Aranel waited patiently while Seya caught her breath. It was clear that she was exhausted. If Garrett did send her after them then she must have been pushing herself hard to catch up to them.

Sir Amik stared and waited patiently as the Captain started speaking. So far, he had said no reason as to why this dwarf went against the norm and summoned him. Sir Amik saw no reason to speak yet and instead waited for more information.

The crowd gathered around barely respond to the Captains attempt to excite them. Instead, they simply stared on, waiting to see why Sir Amik was outside of the keep, as it very rarely happens.
There isn't one.

16-Apr-2019 18:32:57 - Last edited on 16-Apr-2019 18:38:47 by Riniya

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie was shocked of the information that Seyasiani just told them. She put her bow away. She said with fascination as she sat next to Seyasiani,
"Nice to meet you Seyasiani. What animal were you before?"
-Dances-

16-Apr-2019 19:51:43 - Last edited on 17-Apr-2019 03:08:40 by Annie1227

Inferi

Inferi

Posts: 35,939 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It took Seyasiani several minutes to catch her breath enough that she felt like she would be able to talk without feeling somewhat sick. Thankfully, what she said had been enough to stop the bows from being aimed at her, and the two that she had approached had introduced themselves as the ones she had been looking for. This was ridiculous; she didn’t even know it was possible to be this tired.

What spurred her to speak first wasn’t the questions that Aranel asked, but the one that Annie did. Maybe the girl didn’t mean it as an insult, but...well, it kinda was. At the very least, it was something that Seyasiani gave a somewhat indignant response for. It wasn’t angry, nor was it insulting, but it was clear that she didn’t love the fact that Annie had referred to her as an animal.

I’m a phoenix, not an animal! There’s a very clear difference between the two.
” she said huffily, crossing her arms and looking away with a bit of a “hmph”. Still, since she didn’t stay that way for long, it was clear she wasn’t that bothered overall.

It was after the moment of huffiness that she answered the real questions posed by the one of the pair that was clearly in charge. This time, she was actually able to speak in more than just a few words per sentence, and although she stayed seated it was obvious enough that she was getting a bit of her energy back.

I think so. He told me that they’d meet us at the north, um, west, I think, corner of the fence. I think it’s north from here...that’s all he said, anyways. No real directions or anything, just to go north past it. It looks like they’re in some trouble, too, or will be, at least if Sir Amik gets anything he thinks he can use to accuse them of being traitors. I don’t know why or anything, but none of them seemed happy with the other.
Done in by the dubious doings of destiny.

17-Apr-2019 02:13:32

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335 Back to Top