Forums

Kingdom of Asgarnia

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335

NotFishing

NotFishing

Posts: 16,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Attacking through those tunnels is suicide, Lieutenant." Darcius snapped. "A narrow passage, only a few men can stand abreast? We'll never make it through, and neither will the White Knights. It will be a stalemate and it will lead nowhere. If we attacked through the tunnels it would also force the White Knights to stay in the city, which isn't the plan. Remember?" The Captain sighed in frustration. "Stop wasting my time. Return to your duties." Beneath the gold, the Bitter Steel.

07-Apr-2019 22:31:33 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2019 22:32:06 by NotFishing

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,406 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
More bad news. Great.

Garrett sighed as exasperation set in, running a hand through his hair as he considered this new twist. He wasn't very familiar with the political scene around Gielinor, even here in Asgarnia he knew only the barebones due to his proximity to drunkards over the last several months. What little he knew about the Black Knights was that they'd been knights of Falador once, then got exiled, and now they're enemies of the White Knights. They must've been aware of the barbarian attack if they chose now to lash out.

The fact that the dwarf looked upon the group expectantly after mentioning they were looking for people who would fight with them irritated the sailor, though he was further exasperated when Aranel all too happily declared that she would return to help. Garrett looked at her, frowning, even as she explained her reasoning. She'd been the one to tell them they needed to leave Falador, now she was rushing straight back in and, while she said she'd understand if they continued on, the sailor suspected otherwise.

More than that, the kid even brought up the possibility of capture by returning, which although Aranel declared she had some kind of information that would prevent it, she didn't seem altogether pleased to admit. Everyone had their secrets.

But he couldn't say any of this pleased him.

" For a starter kid, I figure you'd do more harm than good goin' back, " He spoke up as he looked down at Annie, still frowning. " If you can't- " He paused here, lowering his voice so that the dwarves would not overhear what he was saying. " If you can't control that magic of yours, you'll be riskin' the lives of the folk around you - just as likely you'd hurt them or yourself as you would an enemy. Gettin' you down ta' the tower is for your own good. "

Garrett turned back to Aranel, though what he was going to say was stopped by Joric's outburst of anger towards the dwarves. He shoved them, saying much of what Garrett had been
I am Inferi.

07-Apr-2019 22:49:35

George Rozas

George Rozas

thinking himself - at least regarding who they'd find down by the port. Farmers and sailors were aplenty, but also merchants who would sooner flee on their ships than take up arms in the north. Furthermore, the sailors would be wasted even if forced up to fight - they were suited for the sea, ship to ship combat at best - some sort of defence on land, or even a siege? They'd be little better than untrained farmers.

The Dwarf was already charging back the way they had come, something that the sailor couldn't help but admire. An outpost of his people attacked? Dwarves killed or imprisoned? First thing the dwarf did was sprint his short self in that direction as if he could change the tide of battle all by his lonesome.

" You know going back now would only be worse in the long run, " He told Aranel with his lowered voice, inaudible to the others, seeing her determined look but still giving an attempt at reason. " The kid needs ta' learn control, and if ya' head back she's gonna follow like a starstruck pup. We did good fightin' those savages, but we don't need ta' go back - 'specially when there ain't anythin' good gonna come of it. "
I am Inferi.

07-Apr-2019 22:49:39

Riniya

Riniya

Posts: 662 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aranel watched as Joric pushed the dwarf back to Falador, not waiting to see if anyone followed. She heard what Garrett said about Annie not going back and she herself looked at Annie as he spoke.

Aranel steppes after the dwarves. A sense of duty driving her. Before she could however, Garrett spoke to Her about not needing to go back. He was right if she went anywhere Annie would follow. Annie needs to learn how to control her magic, the trick she did earlier only a glimpse at true control.

“I hear you Garrett, but I never turn someone away. Those dwarves helped during the battle earlier. Why can we expect their help but turn away when they need ours?” She looked after Joric and there was a sadness to her voice. “ I always help...”. Her voice trailed off and she looked at Garrett sadly.
There isn't one.

07-Apr-2019 23:57:40

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie understood what Garrett was saying as she sheath her dagger. She doesn't want to hurt anyone with her magic. She knew she needed to learn control of her magic that’s why they are going to the wizards tower for training in the first place. But she really wanted to stay with Aranel because she was an elf and she might teach her the elven culture. She said,
” I understand what you are saying Garrett. But I don’t know what to do. They need help in falador and I want to help them. I know I have to learn control. ”
She really hopes that Aranel stays with the group and not go back to Falador or she might follow her back anyways.
-Dances-

08-Apr-2019 00:09:27 - Last edited on 08-Apr-2019 00:13:43 by Annie1227

George Rozas

George Rozas

Garrett bit back a curse, looking between the group's members then after the retreating dwarves, even sparing a look to the road that led off to the port. His expression scrunched up in thought as he looked around, as if deciding what to do next.

" Okay, " He said suddenly, not looking at either of them as he started pacing back and forth a few steps. " Okay, okay, okay, how 'bout this. " He stopped in front of the group, his back to the Falador path. " I'll go. "

A moment passed before he explained.

" You go back and the kid'll follow, and it's the pair of you Amik wanted - I'm just some traveler with a couple weapons, he ain't gonna try lockin' me up. " Garrett flashed a tired grin to them. " You go and get her ta' the tower, I'll head back and help in your place, far less risky an' soon as the trouble's solved I'll find my way down ta' the tower myself - won't be a problem! "
I am Inferi.

08-Apr-2019 00:43:30

Riniya

Riniya

Posts: 662 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aranel nodded reluctantly. “Okay.” She stepped forward and bravely tried to give Garrett a quick hug. “Be careful. We will come back. Magic like hers isn’t too hard to learn. We will join you later.” She took Annie’s hand and turned away, heading to Port Sarim.

Sir Amik sighed. “Very well. You may leave. “. He waved his hand dismissing Gareth.
There isn't one.

08-Apr-2019 01:18:00 - Last edited on 08-Apr-2019 01:21:41 by Riniya

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie let Aranel take her hand as they walked towards Port Sarim. She was so scared of the wizard's Tower but trusts Aranel. She asked in a nervous voice,
"Have you ever been at the wizard's tower? Do you think they will teach me control of my powers?"
-Dances-

08-Apr-2019 01:29:51

Azi Demonica

Azi Demonica

Posts: 5,600 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Two-two stepped aside to make room for the dwarves. They brought alarming news. Garrett sighed, though Joric was a bit more critical of them, and was already off back to Falador. The dwarves needed help, yet the heroes had already walked this far...

Garrett was concerned of Annie’s unstable powers, and rightfully so.

“Well! I don’t do magic, so I’m heading back to Falador.” Two-two marched after Joric and the dwarves, a thin tower compared to them. “Besides, anyone who wants to practise magic can always do it later. I’d rather get into the action. Father liked dwarves for their eagerness to fight and craft, and so do I!”

(( note: since Annie will be practising her magic, it may be better for me to postpone Mercadier's intro; this will allow Annie to directly get into magical practise. I could intro a new character to RP along as well in the Wizard's Tower ))

08-Apr-2019 04:16:29 - Last edited on 08-Apr-2019 04:17:09 by Azi Demonica

Hell Wizard
Nov Member 2023

Hell Wizard

Posts: 77 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aureue moved aside following Garrett's motion intended to let the dwarves through. Instead of running past, the dwarves stopped and mentioned about the Black Knights' attack on Falador was imminent. After a discussion, Aranel wanted to head back to Falador but Garrett insisted that she should continue to Wizards' Tower with Annie to help her control her magic. Joric and Two-Two had already turned around and were ready to head back to help in Falador, alongside Garrett who suggested to replace Aranel to fight for Falador.

Aureus had a decision to make, protect his home or head to Wizards' Tower. The choice was obvious, he had to protect his home. So Aureus took out a few gold pieces and tried to pass it onto Aranel's hand.
Aranel, take care. This might not be much, but I hope it helps. Please stay safe with Annie, come back and join us soon. We need your help. And pray to lord Falador don't fall, or you will have nothing to come back to.

Aureus waved goodbye to Aranel and Annie, and immediately joined and scurried behind Garrett, Two-Two and Joric to head back to Falador to help.
Wait for me! I'm coming!

Well, so much for adventure of a life time. Looks like it's cut short.
Here for nostalgia and all the times RS has provided me with boundless imagination and creativity.

08-Apr-2019 09:49:55 - Last edited on 08-Apr-2019 09:55:45 by Hell Wizard

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335 Back to Top