Forums

Kingdom of Asgarnia

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335

George Rozas

George Rozas

Posts: 35,406 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
her down allowed her hood to shift back over her head, covering her ears from view again. However, the sailor couldn't help but wonder about what he'd seen. He'd blame a trick of the light, but no, he knew he hadn't been seeing things - Aranel's ears were definitely more pointed than they should have been.

He'd traveled to a lot of places via the sea, and met a great many kinds of people - not all of which were human. Still, he couldn't say he'd seen pointed ears before, though a feature like that did ring a bell somewhere in his head... He'd have to think about it some more, or just ask the woman when she woke up. Assuming they weren't bout to be overrun by savages.
I am Inferi.

05-Apr-2019 17:45:30

Riniya

Riniya

Posts: 662 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aranel was jolted awake as she was laid down. She opened her eyes and the candle light in the building reflected in their unique blue. She heard Garrett say that he needed a rest and she turned her head to look at him. “Thank you... for saving me. I tried to do what I could to protect you from Haraldur.” She flexed her hand and let a small amount of magic leave, forming a shimmering ball, that only a person with magic could see. She smiled slightly under her mask and let the magic fade away. “Glad to see it worked.” She me this eyes and began to sit up. Her hood fell backwards slightly, once again revealing an oddity to her ear shape, but she caught it in time and pulled it back up.

She looked around the makeshift clinic, noticing that the young girl from earlier was on the other side of the room in her own cot. Aranel still felt weak, but also felt stronger than before, at least enough to maintain consciousness
There isn't one.

05-Apr-2019 18:10:06 - Last edited on 05-Apr-2019 18:14:08 by Riniya

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Posts: 51,224 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Annie still felt horrible from everything just happened and she knew the healers won’t let her out of here until she gets some more strength back. She saw another woman being carried in to get her wounds healed and put the woman in a bed. She knew it was the same woman from earlier. -Dances-

05-Apr-2019 18:29:14 - Last edited on 05-Apr-2019 19:04:43 by Annie1227

George Rozas

George Rozas

Garrett turned his head slightly when Aranel spoke, looking at her rather than side-eyeing her.

" I wasn't about to let the big guy trample ya' into the dust, don't worry about it, " He replied with a laugh, a tired grin finding its way back to his face. It faded when she conjured her ball of magic in her hand, blinking a few times as he looked it over curiously. Ahh, what she said - that explained the shimmering he'd seen back during the fight, that barrier that broke when the warlord lashed out at him. Made sense it was Aranel doing it. As the sphere shimmered out of existence he scratched at his beard, letting out a low whistle.

" Fancy magic arrows, angry force blasts and now shimmering balls - hell of'a bag o' tricks you've got there! " He teased, his tone conversational albeit a bit hushed - if only not to disturb the injured around them, his smile perfectly oblivious to the fact he shouldn't have been able to see the sphere she'd conjured. He pressed on without realizing he'd revealed something. " Now normally I wouldn't be asking a lady about her looks, but I got a glimpse of your ears and it's got me curious whereabouts you're from, ya' know? "

Garrett shrugged, not seeming to be onto the fact that Aranel was an Elf - but his blunt line of curious questioning could change that.
I am Inferi.

05-Apr-2019 18:48:36

Riniya

Riniya

Aranel raised her eyebrows at Garrett's comment about the ball.
"You could see it? The field during the battle earlier and just now, the ball I created? Interesting."
He has Magic.
"The arrows everyone can see, The force that left me when I was angry everyone can see. The field and ball I created, not everyone can see."

Aranel let her gaze drop as he asked about her ears.
"You saw that huh?"
She hated to reveal who she was to anyone, but just like before with Aureus and Two-Two, she was caught. She pulled her facecloth off and let it lay on the bed next to her. She lifted her eyes again and met Garrett's. Her face was slender and she had a beauty that was rarely seen. She reached up and grabbed her hood, but didn't remove it.
"I never reveal who I am. Today must be the day for it though as I already did so to two other people. My kind is hated. While some of the fear is understood, the hatred is not. But I am my own person. If you know of the hatred, I just ask that you don't judge me for my race."
She pushed her hood away, revealing the rest of her blonde hair and the rest of her ears. They were long, slender, and ended in points. She made sure to keep her hood up enough to prevent anyone else from seeing what she was.

She kept her eyes on Garrett's, waiting on his reaction.
There isn't one.

05-Apr-2019 19:08:21 - Last edited on 05-Apr-2019 19:09:23 by Riniya

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Annie was surprised that the woman who she listening her conversation before was an elf.
So that’s who the healer talking about.
She wanted to go to her bed and ask her to teach her how to control her magic but she was still weak.
-Dances-

05-Apr-2019 19:14:34

George Rozas

George Rozas

" They can't? " Garrett quirked an eyebrow, not catching on as to WHY not everyone could see some of Aranel's magic. Sure, they were pretty transparent and hard to notice at times, maybe that was what she was referring to? He chuckled, making light of the news. " Hm. Well, just means I haven't lost my keen eyes yet! "

Though what followed was somewhat harder for him to make light of. Aranel grew serious after he asked about her ears - which at first the sailor thought was due to some level of self-consciousness - but before he could come up with a way to handle such a reaction she removed her face mask, looked him in the eye and told him of why she didn't like to reveal who she was. Garrett blinked, looking carefully at Aranel's slender face with a thought from earlier on resurfacing - he'd been right in thinking she was probably a beauty under that thing.

Even after she pulled back her hood to show him her ears he didn't quite get what she meant at first, his eyes moving over the slender points. Comprehension dawned in his eyes as something clicked in his head, his lips parting slightly as if he were about to speak before he stopped himself, closing his mouth again and seeming to think for a few short moments. He nodded, apparently more to himself than to Aranel, and an easy grin returned to his face.

" Well I get why you've been so tight-lipped up 'til now, lotta prejudice out in the world, " He replied, not appearing to be anywhere as concerned as Aranel had probably expected. " I ain't met any of your kind before, but I've been around - met a whole lot of folk who've got weird things going for 'em. " He leaned in, hand blocking one side of his mouth in a lighthearted conspiratorial whisper. " Between you an' me? Meeting an Elf ain't been half-bad for me so far. " He winked.
I am Inferi.

05-Apr-2019 19:45:37

Riniya

Riniya

Aranel smiled slightly and pulled her hood back up over her head. She put her facecloth back on.
"Well, You are one of few who have not reacted with anger or hatred. Seems to be that kind of day as well."
She rolled her shoulders back and winced slightly as she felt the pain where the object hit her earlier. Aranel looked around and notice yet again the young girl staring at her. Aranel looked back at Garrett.
"Did we win the battle? I'm feeling much better now. I just want to know that the battle is over."

She could just faintly make out changing and roaring coming from outside. She stood up to move to the entrance of the building to look outside, when she stood she got slightly dizzy and fell back onto the cot.
" I know I don't look it but i really do feel better."
She laughed melodiously and looked at Garrett.
"What is that noise outside?"

Outside the building, the dwarves and the barbarians suddenly became quiet. Everyone's gaze was transfixed on the dying flame.

The moment the fire became easily stepped over, both sides roared loudly and rushed towards each other. Metal could be heard once again clashing as the dwarves decided to defend the city for the remaining half of the barbarian army.
There isn't one.

05-Apr-2019 19:55:13

NotFishing

NotFishing

Posts: 16,946 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Gareth

Gareth stumbled into the building. By now the guard was unconscious, and would probably die soon. The makeshift binding had already bled through, and Gareth was more dragging the man than carrying him. He set the dying man down against a nearby wall, and a healer came rushing to help him. That dealt with, Gareth stepped away.

Gareth saw the man from before, and decided to approach. "A lot of prejudice indeed," he said, only hearing the latter half of their conversation and not knowing what they were truly talking about. Then he saw her, and his eyes widened. He recalled stories, told to him long ago, when he was naught but a child. "I thought elves didn't exist..."
Beneath the gold, the Bitter Steel.

05-Apr-2019 19:57:41 - Last edited on 05-Apr-2019 19:58:45 by NotFishing

Annie1227
Jul Member 2011

Annie1227

Annie felt comfortable with the elven woman even though they didn’t talk to her yet. She really needed to learn how to control her magic and this woman that she knew might help her. She really wanted to go talk to her but she was scared to and still very weak

Then heard the bagging as a battle starting up again. She wanted to help but she had to listen to the healer and she was still to weak to hold her dagger.
-Dances-

05-Apr-2019 20:05:30

Quick find code: 49-50-868-66089335 Back to Top