Forums

Sandstone

Quick find code: 49-50-725-57741491

NovelistElly

NovelistElly

Posts: 2,603 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Welcome to the thread for my second story!
Sandstone!
I will make the rules short and to the point so you can get to the story faster, I hope you enjoy, I keep writing so you can keep reading.
Rules
1. Obey Forum Code Of Conduct
2. Obey Forum Specific Rules
3. Obey All Jagex rules
4. Use your better judgment when you post here
5. Enjoy the story!
Elly
Read my other story, A Dragons' Day, at this QFC: 49-50-124-57164616

Ad for Sandstone (if anyone wants to help me get more readers post this where appropriate):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The twisted Mahjarrat stood atop the hill, plotting the end of Gielinor. While he stood there, looking off into the distance, imagining the sweet warmth of the flames using the land as their kindling, the setting sun glinted off of a very polished ring with a carved ruby set in it. As he clasped his hands together shadows gathered on the ring, revealing the chiseled shape of demon horns."
¤º°”¨“°º¤º°”¨“°º¤Sandstone¤º°”¨“°º¤º°”¨“°º¤
-------------49-50-725-57741491-------------
"It's beautifully written, and I can't wait to read the next installment."-New Caprice
"Awesome. I love the detail you've put into this so far. Keep it up Elly."-Eedamame
"This story has vivid imagery, and wonderfully complex storyline."-Cicobe1
"I like your story, the gammar is excellent! What else is there to say? There is a great taste of visual description in here! Thanks for the read!"-Kingsalem1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

14-Oct-2008 01:16:50 - Last edited on 01-Nov-2009 17:02:43 by NovelistElly

NovelistElly

NovelistElly

\°|°/ Comments \°|°/
"It's beautifully written, and I can't wait to read the next installment."-New Caprice
"Awesome. I love the detail you've put into this so far. Keep it up Elly."-Eedamame
"Well, I must say the plot looks quite intriguing."-Chuklz
"Very nice, Ele. I'm rather interested to see where this will go."-Dudelydude7
"Pretty good, Elly. I love the plot, so far. You just need to work on your punctuation, and this would stack up as one of the best starts of a story I've ever read."-Torak546
"This story has vivid imagery, and wonderfully complex storyline."-Cicobe1
"Great story dude"-Frost479
"I like your story, the gammar is excellent! What else is there to say? There is a great taste of visual description in here! Thanks for the read!"-Kingsalem1
"Great plot and Vivid description..."-C0smic1

\°|°/ Reviews \°|°/

"Grammar was good, I was pretty impressed, even though your grammar is probably more advanced than mine. Your vocabulary was a little above average, I was able to understand all the adjectives, verbs, etc. Use an online thesaurus to really go the extra mile, while still keeping the mix easy enough on the eyes. My interest was hooked the first paragraph. Good job" -User Rc101
Full Circle Reviews-90%
I can use this signature:
Oº°‘¨••• |-| € Å V € /\/ |_ ¥ • § Þ |-| € R € •••¨‘°ºO
ºO”˜`”"°"”°" ••• Full Circle Reviews ••• ”°""”˜`”°Oº

\°|°/ Fans \°|°/
>New Caprice
>Lvl 3 Uh Oh
>Eedamame
>Mikemenace
>Huisme
>User Rc101
>Chuklz
>The Taunter2
>Wdxzyqv
>Nguy4
>Trio0
>Sai Twister
>Laurenv1
>C0smic1
>Dudelydude7
>Torak546
>Pacrat4
>Cicobe1
>Dle Uloser
>Haru Glory68
>Englishkid62
>Eye Love Dat
>Eye See Dat
>Kingsalem1
>Veranysis 789
>Jouer20
>Belladora001
>Wintry Elf
>Daxzord
>Jamespatter3
>Ol One Tooth
>Trio0
>Cund8
>Luzy(c)fer343
>Dave Cottrel
>Thegoldentoa
>Ffirey Fear
>Gizzy251
>Matt 1128
>Astroguy37

14-Oct-2008 01:17:24 - Last edited on 19-Aug-2009 16:42:54 by NovelistElly

NovelistElly

NovelistElly

°Øo> Table Of Contents <oØ°
Page # / Post # / Item of Interest
1 / 1 / Intro and Rules
1 / 2 / Comments, Reviews, and Fans List
1 / 3 / Table of Contents
1 / 4-10 / Story Posts
4 / 10 / Story Posts
5 / 1 / Story Posts
6 / 2-4 / Story Posts
6 / 9-10 / Story Posts
7 / 2-4 / Story Posts
8 / 9-10 / Story Posts
9 / 1-3 / Story Posts
15 / 8-10 / Story Posts
16 / 8-10 / Story Posts
17 / 1-2 / Story Posts
20 / 5-6 / Story Posts
22 / 8-10 / Story Posts
23 / 1-3 / Story Posts
24 / 8-10 / Story Posts
25 / 1-2 / Story Posts
28 / 1-5 / Story Posts
33 / 2-3 / Story Posts
35 / 8-9 / Story Posts
36 / 9-10 / Story Posts
37 / 6-8 / Story Posts
38 / 7-9 / Story Posts
40 / 4-6 / Story Posts
47 / 8-10 / Story Posts
48 / 1 / Story Posts
49 / 1-4, 8-9 / Story Posts
51 / 6-8 / Story Posts
53 / 3-7 / Story Posts
55 / 1-3 / Story Posts
56 / 1-5 / Story Posts
57 / 1-3 / Story Posts
Current Story Length: 91 Posts
Story Status: Completed
Approximate Word Count: 27,365 (Not including Prologue)
This work is Copyrighted under
an Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported Legal License.
See Quick find code: 28-29-317-56513948 for a reference

14-Oct-2008 01:17:31 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2009 19:49:33 by NovelistElly

NovelistElly

NovelistElly

×Prologue×
Blood. Blood? Why did he taste blood? Well of course he tasted first, he did not think to look, he could not see. Everything was black, he could only tell he was lying down, his body perpendicular to the walls, laying flat on a cold metal table. He heard noises, jumbled voices, swirling around him, like a thin mist to accompany the fog in his head. There was sand in his nose, he could smell it, the grainy quartz and other assorted minerals smelled of dust and irritated his sinuses.
He opened his eyes, wearily at first, not wanting to see where he was, not wanting to wake from his comfortable sleep. He completely opened his eyes, revealing that he was not, in fact, entirely under a roof, but mostly under a roof. He was looking up and saw the sky, bright and blue, with the sun beating down on him, but only half of it, the other half of the bright orange orb was hidden where a jagged piece of ceiling protruded into the sky, abruptly ending the view. He turned his head to the left, he saw a man, about the same age as him, lying on a table that looked to be the same as his, and sweating profusely, probably due to heat stroke. He turned his head to his right, and he saw a young girl, he observed her more closely, she caught his eyes with her copper red hair, thin lips, and plain clothes, she seemed very serene, also asleep, with a small scar in her left arm which seemed freshly stitched.
“Wait. Stitches? Heat stroke? Am I in a hospital?” he thought to himself.
“No, why would I be here?”
“Unless…”
He looked forward facing his chest. He only saw it briefly though. He saw an arrow, completely intact, intersecting the plane of his chest at a ninety degree angle, and he saw the cuts around it, gaping open, fresh, and bleeding. He saw the rest of his chest, a deep incision going down its entire length, revealing to him his own internal organs. He only had time to say one thing.
“Oh, holy--”
Then he fell back, unconscious.

14-Oct-2008 01:17:42 - Last edited on 22-Feb-2009 23:42:47 by NovelistElly

NovelistElly

NovelistElly

A man appeared over his unconscious body, he had a beard and a bloody smock, a bald head and a dark tan. From his outfit hung multiple surgeons tools, blades of many
lengths and thicknesses. He stood over the boy, looking down at him, curious.
“Boy probably shouldn’t have looked,” He observed out loud.
“You look healthy to me!” Jaraah exclaimed to a patient who seemed to be a terminal hypochondriac.
“Thanks dude,” replied the nuisance.
“Don’t call me that,” Jaraah insisted.
“Sorry, don’t be so uptight,” the man defended himself.
“Just go!” Jaraah yelled, thoroughly annoyed at this point.
“Ok, sheesh,” said the man, quickly hurrying away as if trying to avoid Jaraah and his temper, he wasn’t called “The Butcher” for no reason, after all.
Jaraah turned around looking for any other injured warriors. It had been a very busy day, horrific injuries abounded in the Al-Kharid Dueling Arena Medical Office today. He had gotten blood all over his new smock when he was operating on that new guy. He pondered this.
“His opponent must have been one hell of an archer to do that to a solid runite platebody.”
While he said this he realized that he had forgotten all about the man on the operation table. He rushed towards the man, just as he fainted back onto the operation table after looking at his own innards through the large incision in his chest from the surgery.
“Boy probably shouldn’t have looked,” he mused.

14-Oct-2008 01:17:50 - Last edited on 13-Aug-2009 21:26:31 by NovelistElly

NovelistElly

NovelistElly

Well, he was out cold, best to put some more stasis spells on him though, the shock of waking up again may very well kill him. Jaraah scanned the medical table for the needle and thread he had placed there before the annoying man came to distract him from this desperately wounded patient. He found the thread, under normal circumstances he would have completely sterilized it, but he did not have time to do it again, there was no choice but to stitch up the guy on the table before he began to hemorrhage. The man’s head lolled to one side on the table and blood spilled out of his mouth in frothy bubbles.
“Just…great…” Jaraah blurted.
This man was really in a pile of camel dung now, he was bleeding internally. Jaraah removed the arrow hastily, knowing that there should be no way that an arrow to that part of his chest should result in an internal hemorrhage. As he pulled the arrow tip from the body of the anesthetized individual he found the cause. Green, a pasty, sickly shade was anointing the runite-tipped arrow that was just moments ago projecting from the flesh of the poor soul in front of him.
“Wonderful, poison tipped,” Jaraah said very bluntly, now adequately irritated.
Jaraah pulled a glass vial with a corked top out of his medical kit, the liquid inside had a light green color and the vial was labeled with an inconspicuous “A-P.” Jaraah rushed to save the man’s life, without any gauze he dipped his shirt sleeve directly in the liquid, for lack of a better material, and smothered the entry wound of the arrow with the liquid. He grabbed his needle and thread and sewed the wound shut before it could become infected in the arid desert climate. He then proceeded to quickly remove fragments of broken bone, specks of runite, splinters of wood, and other assorted materials that had collected in his draining incision from the arrow nearby and sewed the wound seamlessly shut.

14-Oct-2008 01:18:00 - Last edited on 28-Nov-2008 18:17:47 by NovelistElly

NovelistElly

NovelistElly

He then used some of his medical magic to instantly heal the scars and then shut off his operating light, disinfected his tools, moved the three patients on the operating tables to the rock-hard hospital beds, and took off his blood-and-potion drenched clothing.
“Well, it’s up to his body now, I hope he can handle all that he has been through today, Guthix be with him.”
×Chapter 2×
×The Dream×
He felt as if he was stuck in tar. All the way up to his torso his movements felt constrained, as if they were being slowed by an invisible force. The world around him was inhabited by blackness interrupted by the occasional tendrils of a purple mist that seemed everywhere and nowhere at once, fading out of existence to reappear inches away, merely shifting, yet in a way so ghastly it seemed alive.
The tar around his legs dissipated and sank into what he guessed was the ground, and to replace it, sand. Sand erupted out of invisible pores in the ground, flooding the infinite plane he was on with at least twenty feet of the coarse granules, and as he drowned in it his vision went black.
Instantaneously he found himself standing on the top of a colossal sand dune the size of a small mountain. His perch towered over the vast landscape, a landscape of sand, a sky with no sun and no light, only blackness and purple mist. He could see into forever from up there, the mysterious desert had no boundaries. He squinted, trying to see anything other then sand, to no avail. He turned to examine his forlorn surroundings and emptiness was all he could observe.
He heard the sands shift in place, and turned to see what was taking place behind him. The sand was bulging, sticking out, hardening; it was growing right before his eyes. It took form and it acquired the shape of a giant slab of rock-like sand, with visible layers of different shades of sand.

14-Oct-2008 01:18:08 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2008 23:11:14 by NovelistElly

NovelistElly

NovelistElly

A blinding flash of pale purple light obscured his vision and, when his eyes regained their composure, the huge structure of hardened sand before him was etched with words that glowed vibrantly in every imaginable hue of violet.
As he read the words his eyes widened when it was made clear that the mysterious tome was about him. He read a prophecy which he understood so clearly, and it still made no sense, it was like he could try to grasp at the meaning, and just before he arranged his thoughts they would scatter leaving his mind blank, he could only decipher one simple line.
“You shall return to sand, the land shall turn to ash, unite the three to save the whole.”
The two people he remembered seeing next to him on the operation table appeared near him. Both were smiling in a way so demented it startled him and he wished to obliterate the figures. It seemed as if their expressions were telling him how obvious something was, and he could not possibly hope to understand it. Suddenly their bodies warped, the skin twisting and fusing until they no longer resembled humans, they looked as a piece of raw meat would if it had been twisted into a horrific knot, except for the eyes. Their eyes glowed red, red like a hate so deep its bottom was unfathomable and nonexistent. The demons leapt toward him, and he was suddenly disembodied, merely an observer. He looked away as his body was consumed. He saw blood on the sand.
“Ahh!” He awoke with a start. He was trembling and dripping sweat, and tears were reluctantly leaking from his eyes. He lay his head down, silently sobbing to himself as pain engulfed his being like a vicious disease.

14-Oct-2008 01:18:21 - Last edited on 28-Nov-2008 18:52:15 by NovelistElly

NovelistElly

NovelistElly

×Chapter 3×
×Awakened×
The pain subsided. He was relieved, trembling and still sobbing, but relieved. A man in a bloody smock took notice that he was awake and walked up to him to introduce himself.
“Hi, I’m Jaraah, the resident surgeon here, I took that arrow out of ya. And your name would be?”
“I’m—arrg!” he cut himself off as pain shot through his chest.
“So, how do ya spell that?” Jaraah teased.
“My name is Adam,” he snapped back, clearly not amused by the sarcasm.
“Well…Adam…relax, stay in bed and do not overexert yourself.”
“Or else what?”
“Or else you collapse onto your bed, more than likely in a seizure.”
“Heh, good reason.”
“Also…”
“Yes…?”
“Meet your hospital buddies.”
At this Adam looked around the bulk that was Jaraah and saw the woman and the man who were next to him during the operation.
The girl was across the room on her own bed. She waved to him and greeted him cheerfully, “Hi, my name is Rachel, nice to meet you Adam.”
Adam waved back sheepishly until being interrupted by the man, who was sitting next to him, “My name is John” he said in a very average voice, “and I just prefer to be left alone, so don’t talk to me and I won’t send you right back to that operating table.”
Adam gulped at this statement and made a mental note to avoid John’s bad side. He was still curious though, so he turned to examine his new neighbors, better then he had on the operation table. Rachel was much prettier when he did not view her from a comatose state. She was about average height and her eyes shone just as brilliantly as her hair except they were a piercing green and her hair was a lustrous copper color. She had a very thin smile and it still seemed to radiate a pleasant warmth on everything around it. Her radiance shone out of her as if she herself was glowing. Next to her was a neatly folded set of mages robes and a staff with a luminescent white orb mounted on the top.

14-Oct-2008 01:18:34 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2009 22:04:38 by NovelistElly

NovelistElly

NovelistElly

Adam realized he was staring and ripped his gaze away just as he started to blush.
John was a different story. Adam forced his cheeks to their normal color as he turned to examine the solemn figure. He was sitting completely still, unmoving like a statue. His hair was such a severe black that it surprised Adam it had not stained his face. The only inconsistency was the shock of white that went through the hair on the front of his head. His face was muscular with sunken cheeks and pallid in color, the nose was unusually pointed. His expression masked all human emotion and revealed nothing. It genuinely scared Adam that a person could sit still with such conviction. Next to him was sitting a set of simple iron armor, but that paled in comparison to the sword, it was so big that there was no shield to go with the outfit, it was longer than Adam was tall. The blade was broad and flat, the edges serrated and sharpened into a fit state for a tool of oblivion, the hilt was adorned with thick cloth covered in rune signs, and the pommel was a very fierce looking spike, as long as an index finger. John turned and scowled at him and Adam turned away to stare at the floor.
“So, where are you from Adam?” Rachel’s voice roused Adam to full alertness and he beamed at her.
“I’m from Seers' Village,” Rachel seemed surprised by this and so he explained himself, “Well I’m the son of a Fremennik man and a healer from Seer's. I was born there and I have only seen my father in pictures. My mom told me that he was a respected Fremennik warrior, strong and courageous as they come, yet for all his strength and courage it seems I scared him off.”
Adam sighed and John lifted his head and mumbled, “I am from Meiyerditch, and if you haven’t yet guessed..." At this John took out a small mirror and looked into it and then rotated it so the two could see that his reflection was translucent, “I have some vampire…blood…or lack of blood, in me. I can’t bleed.”

14-Oct-2008 01:18:40 - Last edited on 14-Aug-2009 03:10:54 by NovelistElly

Quick find code: 49-50-725-57741491 Back to Top