Forums

Shafts of Imagination

Quick find code: 49-50-608-60677877

Chuk

Chuk

Posts: 14,177 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry. Busy day, so I didn't get to read. however, I would like to get to know you a bit better, so I was gonna ask a couple questions and also tell you my answers.

What's your favorite book and movie?

Favorite author?

Favorite hobby?

Anything else?

My favorite book is The Silmarillion, movie(s) are Lord of the Rings. My favorite author is J.R.R. Tolkien, and hobby is reading, playing soccer or skiing. Anything else you'd like to know?

02-Apr-2010 08:02:30

Logan Shafts
Dec Member 2023

Logan Shafts

Posts: 3,211 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah, thats okay. I don't want you to feel obligated to read - just wait until you think it would be enjoyable. No rush.

My favorite book is probably Homeland, by R.A. Salvatore. Some would say it's a poor choice, and yes there are many books which may be deeper or 'better written', but I read this book during my early teen years and it touched me (in fact, I read the entire series of like 16 books). So I still think it's my favorite.

My favorite movie: That's a hard one, because I don't watch movies often. I might have to say the Fellowship of the Ring, even though they left out Tom Bombadil.

My favorite author would have to be Isaac Asimov, because he was one of the people who made Sci-Fi what it is today.

Favorite Hobby: Guitar, I play classical guitar and write my own music often (every day, essentially).

Not much else.

I find it interesting that your favorite book is The Silmarillion, I found that a very difficult read. Perhaps I just didn't get it, lol. J.R.R Tolkien is excellent though, so I applaud your choice there. I really hope they make a movie from The Hobbit. =p

Never been skiing, but soccer I love (even though I stink at it).

02-Apr-2010 17:00:03

Eri Vi
Jun Member 2010

Eri Vi

Posts: 965 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Haha, I was about to comment your liking the Silmarillion, iChuck; and saw that Logan said the same thing.
I haven't tried reading it since I was at least 13 or 14, but when I did I couldn't make it past the first chapter. Although I do like J.R.R. Tolkein's other works, such as Lord of the Rings.

02-Apr-2010 23:33:58

Chuk

Chuk

Homeland is a pretty good book. I did enjoy it. Some of the others in that series weren't as good, though. And I just really, really like the whole of Middle-earth and so I found the Silmarillion enjoyable. Somehow.

Tolkien made Fantasy what it is, and as I prefer Fantasy to sci-fi, that's probable the difference in choice there. ;)

To be honest, my main experience with Sci-fi has been the expanded universe books for Star Wars. I've read like 120 of 'em. But some aren't very Star Wars-ish at all, so I think it's a decent exposure. Maybe.

03-Apr-2010 00:47:17

The contents of this message have been hidden.

03-Apr-2010 02:45:43

Logan Shafts
Dec Member 2023

Logan Shafts

Posts: 3,211 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chuk:

I liked homeland most out of all of them, and yes some of those books were a bit dry at times.

I agree, Tolkien did make fantasy what it is today. The difference is natural, lol.

Star wars is a fairly good example of most Sci-Fi, though I personally enjoy the less-cliche Sci-Fi stories most.

I find it kind of interesting that most of the stories I posted here are actually more fantasy style than Sci-Fi. =p

Ron Paul 12:

This thread was not meant for posting random stuff on, I'd appreciate it if you removed that - especially because you've already posted it a number of other places, and it's not even an original work (since its a rip off of the Fresh Prince of Bel'air theme song).

If you have any original stories though, feel free to stop by my other thread for posting stories on, it's called "Well Told Tales".

Thanks.

03-Apr-2010 03:06:23 - Last edited on 03-Apr-2010 03:12:39 by Logan Shafts

Chuk

Chuk

Well I'm checking in, Logan. Can't say I've read for you yet; vector calculus is redefining the meaning of pain at the moment, but I thought I should stop by and see if there was anything you wanted to know or anything, since I'm supposed to be doing more than just reviewing. :)

I will read soon, though.

05-Apr-2010 07:20:08

Quick find code: 49-50-608-60677877 Back to Top