Forums

Shafts of Imagination

Quick find code: 49-50-608-60677877

Ing318

Ing318

Posts: 4,294 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
lol, nice...
I only read a couple of them as I don't have the patience to read them all. What kind of animal was it in the story Surprise?
Aaanyway! I need to get some pranks set up for tomorrow. It's April Fools! :)

01-Apr-2010 01:05:51 - Last edited on 01-Apr-2010 01:06:19 by Ing318

Eri Vi
Jun Member 2010

Eri Vi

Posts: 965 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey,
I read the lot of 'em and really enjoyed them. Absolutely nothing I could point out.
Great imagery in all the stories, although 'Adorable Fluffy Animals' and 'Campaign' were more dialogue and plot focused, respectively. (Not that you didn't know that. :P )
I really liked how you manage to put a twist into almost every story you write, and can't wait to read more of 'Campaign'.

01-Apr-2010 06:32:41

Logan Shafts
Dec Member 2023

Logan Shafts

Posts: 3,211 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks, Ael Athalos!
I like your stories a lot too, so I'm glad you enjoyed mine.
I don't add the twists just to make them surprising, it just happens that my idea's come across as very unexpected most of the time, and I take care to utilize their strangeness by starting out the story on a familiar foot, and then using only the last few lines to get my real point across.
Still working on Campaign, hope I have enough room in reserves to finish it.
Hopefully will get more done on it tomorrow - till then, goodnight.

01-Apr-2010 08:08:07 - Last edited on 01-Apr-2010 19:30:08 by Logan Shafts

Doom 5500

Doom 5500

Posts: 3,162 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just read "The Sun Smells Too Loud" and "Toil". (I'll get to the rest in due time, ^_^ )
I really like your style; it's a lot simpler and more effective than most writers on here. I'll definitely read the others when I have a chance.

01-Apr-2010 20:50:52

Eri Vi
Jun Member 2010

Eri Vi

Posts: 965 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My opinion on 'Hero'. Hmm...
I would really like to know what you imagined happening, but at the same time I like being able to make up my own ending. But seeing as it was you who came up with the story in the first place, and it was so captivating, I'd like you to write on.
And how on earth do you write so much so fast? I haven’t written anything in at least a week.

02-Apr-2010 03:11:38

Logan Shafts
Dec Member 2023

Logan Shafts

Posts: 3,211 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ael Athalos:
Thanks for your opinion. When I get a few more I'll decide, based on what the majority is.

As for speed, I think up stories constantly, and I type atleast twice as fast as I think. Between the two, I shoot em out pretty fast.
I actually have a rather massive document on my computer, full of stories. I havn't posted any of them because they're not as high quality as the ones I've been producing lately (they're mostly rather boring, to be honest, and I havn't proof-read them so they're littered with errors).
I am in the middle of a few more stories and will be posting them here when they're finished. Hope they're as liked as these, because eventually I want to publish a short stories book. =p

02-Apr-2010 05:01:48

Quick find code: 49-50-608-60677877 Back to Top