Forums

Wrath of the Dark Empire

Quick find code: 49-50-536-60692025

Crocefisso

Crocefisso

Posts: 1,385 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CHAPTER 9: THE RALLY AT NARDAH
The sound of footsteps woke Captain Tenes. A decade he’d been head of the Dawn Family in Nardah, yet never in that decade had his dreams become as restless as those of recent nights. Images of blossoms and lakes, of desert man and demons haunted his mind at its most vulnerable. Tenes jumped as he heard the sound, his senses heightened in the light of a restless mind, he looked up to see a fair desert man in white robes.
“Hello,” said the man calmly, “My name is Senshio.*
*It’s an honour to meet you, Prince, sire.” Jittered the Captain
“It is my understanding,” continued the Prince “That you run the military in this town?”
“That’s right. The Dusk Family get the Temple, we get the Army. Would I be right to assume, sire, that we are needed in the war effort.”
“Yes you would. I have even been so kind as to bring you an extra soldier.”
At this moment, the sun was blocked by the broad figure of Tigo stepping round the corner. He leaned against the doorway with an air of great ease, slowly eating away at a choc-ice. In his cool, nonchalant tone, the mercenary spoke directly to the Captain.
“I’ll be fighting for you, Captain.”
Senshio flashed the Captain a reassuring look, before opening his mouth.
“Well, men, I’ll be moving on to Pollnivneach now. The magic carpet connection for the rest of my trips is exemplary; you can stay here, Tigo, and fight for Nardah.”
With a swirl of his cloak and the glint of his dagger under the morning sun, Senshio left the Captain and the mercenary with only each other for company. Having just woken up the Captain was a little perplexed, thus rang a bell with the intention of gaining attention. A soldier in gleaming adamant armour entered.

30-Apr-2010 20:08:10

Crocefisso

Crocefisso

Posts: 1,385 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The soldier nodded, and within an instant Tigo was whisked from the dusty stone bed chamber and lead down endless sandy streets lined with shabby terracotta buildings whose architecture was somewhat haphazard and yet endearing. Tigo was filled with a nostalgic glow as he and the seemingly mute Corporal walked down the streets, as a boy he had often come to visit his grandparents in this rustic town, and it seemed little had changed in those two long decades. Even the cursed drought remained. At last they reached a nondescript building Tigo presumed was the barracks. Upon entering he found it was indeed the case, and soon found himself ignored by the men who busied themselves with the necessary supplies; camels, anti-poison potions, waterskins and combat equipment were all ready and waiting at the north border before midday. This town had, it seemed, a good 20 soldiers. The Dusk Family in the Temple had to guard the town with their 3 soldiers whilst the Dawn Family went to war, which mildly amused Tigo. As they waited, Corporal Xent attempted to make conversation with Tigo to break the silence as they sat waiting with the others.
“So,” said Xent, as he lit the logs of polite conversation, “Where are you from?”
“Around here.”
“And you’re a mercenary?”
“Yes.”
The conversation continued in the same polite manner. Eventually Captain Tenes appeared and rallied his men, seemingly far more awake and alert than he’d been that morning. After much commotion and shouting, the men rode off into the scorching sun, wearing what they had. Xent was nervous, he had a wife and small daughters, and hoped he did not have to leave them. Tigo, apathetic to the world, rode off with Xent at his side, gazing dreamily at the sun, smiling, lost in his own world. For one hazy moment, Tigo could have sworn, he saw a smile upon the suns golden face.

30-Apr-2010 20:08:39

Quick find code: 49-50-536-60692025 Back to Top