Forums

Wrath of the Dark Empire

Quick find code: 49-50-536-60692025

Crocefisso

Crocefisso

Posts: 1,385 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CHAPTER 8: FLASHBACK TO THE OLD DAYS
“The Leader,” said the loud, monotonous voice of Private Mick as he stood atop Lumbridge Castle, “Requests all officers meet in his office right away.”
Bells tolled to convey the urgency of the meeting, and as such the officers of the Lumbridge Swordmasters were assembled in the usual places in the Leader’s office. The Leader himself was not yet present, his grand opal chair at the table’s head gleamed in the lamplight, and the silver edges twinkled like stars. To the chair’s left sat General Cook, her face was pale, her jaw was square. She had a short, cropped ginger hair and large, questioning hazel eyes. Attractive enough, she claimed to abstain from men, though everyone knew the Leader had a soft spot for her. To the chair’s right sat General Croce, who, unlike most his colleagues did not hail from Lumbridge, but from Nardah. His face was slender, his skin was fairly dark and he wore a small, black beard and short black hair, his eyes were the green, and glinted like little emeralds. Croce, the more important General, had with him Corporal Rois, a trustworthy and loyal man who acted as Croce’s right hand man. Opposite the leader’s chair, in what was called the “Visitor’s Seat”, sat Sergeant Man, the spy operative, wearing his customary hood and mask, perfectly still, watching the Generals twiddle their thumbs. His sinister presence was associated with news of a negative connotation, and always meant burden for the Generals, something neither of them wanted. The teak doors behind the chair opened, and the Leader walked in, looking haggard and fraught. His normally pale skin was a ghostly white; his shoulder length blonde hair was ruffled and unkempt. Dark rings under his eyes exaggerated his look of misery and fatigue. He opened his mouth to speak, his usually cheerful voice sounded raspy and metallic.
“I’m awfully stressed."

17-Apr-2010 18:05:12 - Last edited on 17-Apr-2010 18:08:16 by Crocefisso

Crocefisso

Crocefisso

The Generals exchanged looks, and then looked at Sergeant Man. The tension in the atmosphere was tangible. Finally, the Leader spoke once more.
“Sergeant Man, explain everything to them.”
The Sergeant rose and started to explain in his quiet hiss of a voice.
“Our enemy is gaining momentum. Last Intel we had on Pertheix, before today, was simply that he’d made his way to Kandarin. Today, word got back to me that he has started recruiting.”
General Cook interrupted, her mind raced as she assessed the situation.
“How many has he got so far?”
“Luckily,” Man said, “Only one person. A former petty thief, did some time in the stocks for cake stealing, a fairly average fighter, I hear.”
“Then what’s the issue?” Cook was clearly eager to return to her evening massage in her lovely, river view home.
“The issue, Cook, is that he is Pertheix. One man escalates into many. It’s best to cut the tree down before it’s too big, surely?”
The Leader spoke once more.
“I am worried about Pertheix; he is, after all, our enemy. But one man is too few to do anything yet. Sergeant Man thanks for the update. Please keep your eyes open and alert me if he gets too strong.”
Sergeant Man bowed and hurried out of the room, taking with him a thick notebook entitled ‘Pertheix’. The Leader turned and spoke to his Generals.
“Stress is catching up with me. I need a rest.”
“I’d be willing to take over for a little while.”
“Thanks, Cook. You see, I have also been having these headaches. Croce, you’re a cook, aren’t you?”
“I did qualify as one, yes.”
“Good. I trust your subordinates could run the farms, mills and shops without your direct guidance for a while?”
“Of course they could.”
“Brilliant. Then, Croce, you must go to the Gnome Stronghold. Using your knowledge of food get some ingredients, and bring them to Lumbridge. Once here I’d like you to make me cocktails and Gnome delicacies to relax me and allow me to get back to work. Okay?”

17-Apr-2010 18:06:22 - Last edited on 18-Apr-2010 11:19:22 by Crocefisso

Crocefisso

Crocefisso

“I’ll be on it right away.”
With that General Croce got up and exited, followed by Corporal Rois. The system in Lumbridge was a fairly simple one. General Croce managed the running of things, his men were stationed at and helped run all the farms, mills and shops of the town, and they helped people but also took tithes of crops, bread, items and such like. All tithes went to the Leader, who then paid his men in actual wages. General Cook had a smaller role; she ran the transportation of tithes to be sold on the Grand Exchange in Varrock to generate the money for the Leader to distribute. Outside the castle in the cold evening air, Corporal Rois turned to Croce.
“Who’s Pertheix?”
Croce merely gestured in his usual, nonchalant manner, and spoke calmly as they walked, ready to begin a tiring, long journey.
“He’s just a guy.”
Inside the castle, the Leader looked at General Cook. Making no effort to conceal his tiredness, he spoke, his voice was croaky and his speech slurred with the effort of speaking.
“You’re in charge for a bit. Good luck”.
The Leader stood and exited the room, retiring to his private quarters, ready to relax and rest in the company of only himself, his chef, and his books. General Cook tasted power for the first time. She licked her lips, her eyes flashed.

17-Apr-2010 18:07:37

Yoh the Noob

Yoh the Noob

Posts: 1,131 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great chapters! I really want to know why Rois turned to the darkside.
Also, I think I spotted a small mistake.
"Please keep observing your eyes open and alert me if he gets too strong.” Well, if you read it, it seems like he's telling Man to keep on observing his open eyes. I think there should be a comma after observing.
Thanks, can't wait for more!

18-Apr-2010 10:34:43

Quick find code: 49-50-536-60692025 Back to Top