Forums

RS Story Contest - Survivor 2

Quick find code: 49-50-509-63216305

Aeraie

Aeraie

Posts: 9,100 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
-----

I'm going to be blunt because that's who I am, and on top of that, I have 8 minutes to write this post.

You should vote for me because I took the risks in this competiton. The other two didn't get voted for, as they've already mentioned, and I believe it is because they didn't take risks in their writings. They played it safe; I did not. I wrote pieces like "God is Dead" to prove a point and to show my flexibility as a writer. Out of the three remaining contestants, I believe that I have shown my ability as a well-rounded writer moreso than Snow or Leb.

Now, I'd also like to say that Leb has already had his claim to fame. He's won a portion of the official Halloween Competiton, he's the leader of TNG, and he's won countless other competitions. This win wouldn't make as much of an impact on him rather than Snow or myself. Leb, I'm not trying to offend you in any way, I'm just stating it on how it is.

I'd also like to say that I have a goal with what I'm going to do whether or not I win this competition: define a genre here in the Stories forum. I'd like to bring horror into play in these forums because there's all of one mildly popular horror thread here. I want to define this genre with some of the horror stories I've written, and it would really help if I had some sort of backing like winning this competition.

Well, I'm out of time. This post was rushed, and I'm sorry. I just hope you understand as authors what winning this competition would mean to me.

12-Dec-2011 23:59:24

Chuk

Chuk

Posts: 14,177 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't know how hard you've looked for horror, but clearly not very hard. What 'one thread' are you referring to? I know of at least four horror threads off the top of my head, all by pretty solid writers. And I don't read or write horror.

13-Dec-2011 00:12:58 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2011 00:13:25 by Chuk

Borna Coric

Borna Coric

Posts: 3,785 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Goodness, certainly a risk in that final post, Aeraie. Thirty seconds left.

I used to write a fairly large portion of horror. I lost it all, though.

"I've never seen decent horror other than that[...]"

The Anthology (or is it II now?) is what I consider to be the best horror on the forums. By White Wolf. If you read it it'll show you new light on the subject. As in, other good horror threads.

13-Dec-2011 01:04:51

Venmi

Venmi

Posts: 14,744 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm so sorry I keep forgetting. Time just caught up to me! I will start judging now, give out my little awards and then it will be time for the authors to vote. Give me a few hours, or maybe the next day.

~Mitch

13-Dec-2011 03:20:06

Venmi

Venmi

Snowbuster: Wow, fantastic entry! The description is beautiful—one thing moving seamlessly into the next. Sure, the premise is a little cliché, but the execution is fantastic. A few of the punctuation marks seem a little weird, but the flow of words was excellent. Overall, this is a fantastic entry, and seeing you grow over the course of the contest is quite incredible. Great job, Snow.

Lebbeh: This is interesting, and different. Eleven people are trapped on an island and trying to figure out to survive. I think you did yourself no justice by leaving it like that. Nothing is really answered. Why is the man so negligent to give out has name? Why were they all out at sea? I know these questions would take a while to answer, but brushing the surface would be nice. Besides that, it was well written, but you gave a lot to be desired that just did*’t show in this entry. Your writing is still great, Lebbeh.

Aeraie: You’re goal was to make this horrifying, right? Well you succeeded. From the moment the story started to the end, it left me at the edge of my seat. I was always curious as to what would happen next, and at some point, I was left frightened. This did*’t need big, fancy descriptions to aid you. The way it is written is perfect. I usually don’t connect well to writing like this. I may sound bias in that way, but the fact that you can make an entry like that interesting to me is fantastic. Great job, Aerie!

The placing for this final round is as follows:

1st: Aeraie
2nd: Snowbuster
3rd: Lebbeh

The final scores are as follows:

Overall scores:

Aeraie: 1427
Lebbeh: 1580
Snowbuster: 1976

13-Dec-2011 07:15:03

Venmi

Venmi

-Special Awards-

Best Overall Score: Aeraie

Most Consistent: Aeraie

Most Improved: Snowbuster

Most Enthusiastic: Polymath

Best Story: Snowbuster

Most Creative: Lebbeh

Best Strategy: Lebbeh

Most Betrayed: Mors Et Vita

Least Voted For: Snowbuster and Lebbeh

The voting round will be up shortly. Remember, this voting round is for the authors. They will decide the winner of this contest. As the host, I ask the authors to vote for the one who most deserves the win. Base it off the entire contest, and not just this past round. That is all I ask.

Good luck to all the finalists!

13-Dec-2011 07:17:30

Quick find code: 49-50-509-63216305 Back to Top