Forums

The Monolith

Quick find code: 49-50-495-60050276

Dantalian

Dantalian

Posts: 3,434 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cham-b0; Thank you, he might be in as early as the next add.
Crocefisso; glad you like it. Always nice to have more readers. :)
"He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

07-Jun-2010 01:59:23

Dantalian

Dantalian

You must have missed the post where I announced the add schedule; I add to the Monolith every Tuesday, and my other story every Thursday. "He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

07-Jun-2010 16:25:49

Dantalian

Dantalian

And the add is written, I just need to proofread and post it, it'll be up soon, please wait until its all up to comment though. (Some posts may take longer to proofread.) "He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

08-Jun-2010 18:20:32

Dantalian

Dantalian

Skad licked his lips impatiently. He and the ent called Dentro had been standing a ways from each other for several minutes now; neither daring to make a move. Both of their stances had no openings, and each knew that should either attack there would be a brief moment where the attacker both had an opening and was unable to counter; something that could be fatal against a skilled opponent.
Still, Skad knew that Dentro could outlast him; unlike the ent, Skad did*’t have reinforcements who would eventually show up. Thus, sooner or later, Skad would have to attack. He knew his first attack would almost certainly fail, meaning he would have to focus on attacking while making as small an opening as possible, then try to regain his control in time to attack while the ent was open… a tricky task, and one that could not be rushed.

“That should be far enough,” said Hekate, coming to a halt.
“Good,” gasped Alex, “I’m tired of running.”
“Thanks for the help,” Hekate said to Chris as she sat down, “We were in trouble when those spiders showed up.”
“You're welcome,” replied Chris, “However… you are trying to get the Monolith, aren’t you?”
“The Monolith?” questioned Alex.
“That’s the artifact your employer wants,* explained Hekate, “And it’s also what my group is after.”
“I’m afraid I’ll have to prevent you,” said Chris, “Nothing personal, but if someone retrieves that item, it could irreversibly disrupt the balance.”
“You Guthixians,” sighed Hekate, standing up. With a smirk, she made her way over to Chris and wrapped her arms around him, and began running her fingers through his hair. As she did this she whispered into his ear, “Couldn’t you just… look the other way? I’d make it worth your while.”
"He appears in the Form of a Man with many Countenances; and he hath a Book in his right hand. His Office is to teach all Arts and Sciences unto any; and to declare the Secret Counsel of any one."

08-Jun-2010 18:23:50

Dantalian

Dantalian

“Ah,” said Chris, impressively keeping a stoic expression, “A pretty girl who knows how to use her looks as a weapon; but you must have known that the people Guthix sent on this mission would be well trained? You’ll find it extremely difficult to seduce me into doing what you want.”
“Yeah, so get off of him already!” shouted Alex.
“Aw, lonely?” asked Hekate, “And I thought you weren’t interested in me that way.”
“I’m not!* protested Alex, “It just… bothers me to see stupid things like that.”
“Sure it does,” said Hekate, “I’m sure you get mad whenever a hot girl is doing something with a random guy…” suddenly she trailed off, apparently deep in thought. Then her face lit up and she began laughing.
“What is it?!” questioned Alex.
“I just realized something,” she said, still laughing, “I think I need some time to myself now. See you two later, try not to kill each other while I’m gone.” As she left Hekate whispered something to herself that neither Chris nor Alex could hear, leaving both of them puzzled.

Once she was out of earshot from her two companions, she continued laughing. “Who would’ve thought?” She asked herself, “Alex is half-Prantiqeth! Since he’s only half, he won’t have the detachment which means… Oh, I’m going to have so much fun on this journey.”
She was so absorbed in her amusement that Hekate barely noticed that she had just arrived at a clearing in the jungle; only this wasn’t a natural clearing; trees had clearly been cut down, and undergrowth burnt. Far more obvious was the presence of a large camp in the clearing’s center, bearing an obscure standard, and teeming with life… well, sort of; most of the soldiers within were actually zombies and skeletons, but there were some living people in their midst.
“Well this is odd,” commented Hekate, “Let’s take a better look.
Shadows, wrap around and conceal the one who calls upon you.” As Hekate said this, she vanished, or more precisely, became invisible. Thus concealed, she approached the camp.

08-Jun-2010 18:26:15

Dantalian

Dantalian

A man sat by himself at the far end of the camp, grooming a hawk which sat on one of his fingers. He was taller than most humans, and clearly had seen his fair share of battle; perhaps the latter was why the few other living inhabitants of the camp did*’t seem too keen on bothering him.
“From one mahjarret to another, eh Avias?” he asked the hawk, “I’m not sure who I dislike more, Lucien or our last self-proclaimed master, Bilrach; may the Devourer take them all.”
The hawk made a low screech in response.
“I know,” said the man, “Ideally, we wouldn’t have joined up with Lucien, but we need the artifacts hidden here to heal Darverka, and there aren’t many other groups in this part of the world… safety in numbers and all. Besides, our real allies are trying to bring him down from within, aiding them reaches our goal too.”
“Real allies, and who would those be?*
The man quickly stood, and drew two cutlasses from scabbards attached to the back of his armor. “Show yourself,” he demanded.
“As you wish,” said the voice. With this, a girl with long green hair appeared a few feet from the man.
“An intruder!” exclaimed one of the other living soldiers in the camp.
“All the way out here?” questioned another, “No matter, set the undead on her.”
“Undead?” laughed the girl, “My kind know how to deal with those; Oh sleepers aroused from eternal slumber, be returned to the earth’s benevolent embrace.”
With these words, all the undead within earshot collapsed, and immediately stopped moving.
“A turn undead spell?” questioned the tall man, “I had thought they were but a myth. But such a thing will not work on me, I am still very much alive.”
“Duly noted,” commented the girl, “Does this mean we have to fight?”
“You are an intruder in our camp,” replied the man, “And you just eliminated most of our force, so yes, we have to fight.”
“Then may I ask for your name at least?” asked the girl.
“It is polite to give your name before asking for someone else’s,” observed the man.

08-Jun-2010 18:28:43

Quick find code: 49-50-495-60050276 Back to Top