Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

Iceranqe

Iceranqe

Posts: 3,148 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*gasps* your a genius Riekan!
That you all made this up yourself... all the names are right, evrything is right... I wouldn't ne surprised I jagex has the same idea as you on the subject of reviving Zaros... AWESOME!

11-Jun-2009 16:00:28

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They all took a moment to absorb what had been said; the story had grown to fantastic levels. "All alone," Zaros whispered. "For six thousand years."
Tsugon nodded. "That is the price of hatred," he replied. "I had much time to think, and I concluded that it was the direct result of my revenge on Thaduka. All that happened to me could have been avoided; every last ounce of suffering. I saw that hatred and vengeance, especially the atrocities you commit to achieve it, lead only to lonliness, pain, and destruction. When I was finally revived, I appeared in the Lora chief's hut. He recognized me--there were portraits to verify my identity--but I told him that I must leave. I cannot spark another war, another power play among the Xinadi by being in the village. So I live out here, alone, for their sake. I have become an empty lord; I have no real power in this land. All that I have lived for is the chance that I can make a difference. Ihrba*ka told me long ago when I was despairing that you would come, seeking my wisdom. And now, I will give it to you."
"How long ago did Ihrba*ka tell you this?" asked Zaros, curious.
"I guess it's been a couple of centuries," Tsugon replied.
Zaros went cold. "Before I was even born," he muttered. What was Ihrba*ka's game? He had been grooming this moment for hundreds of years!
"What did he ask you to do?"
"Didn't you want me to teach you to use Khanu magic?"
"Is that possible?" asked Azzanadra. "I mean, he has only Phori magic in his system, so wouldn't Khanu just nullify it?"
"Ah, I'll explain that once we get underway. I have a plan."
"Also, Master," Azzanadra continued. "I must ask; I have both Phori and Khanu magic. How is this possible?"
"Lightning, correct?"
Azzanadra nodded. "You see," Tsugon explained, "I did not steal the Khanu orb for lightning. It is still high in the storm mountains of Tyssouga. That area is so dangerous that I did not even attempt to approach it."

15-Jun-2009 05:03:55

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Dangerous? So it is uninhabited?"
Tsugon shrugged. "Chances are, the Mahjarrat that originally inhabited the mountains are still there. It is only dangerous because of its monstrous storms, but those Mahjarrat use lightning, so they are unaffected. Why do you ask?"
"I want to go there," Azzanadra said. "Before we leave Freneskae."
"You can go now," Tsugon interjected. "My idea, sadly, will only work for Zaros. You two cannot take part in this training."
Azzanadra nodded. "I'll leave at first light tomorrow, then."
Sliske perked up. "I'll come too. We can't be too careful about rogue Xinadi, and you can protect me from the storms when we get there."
Azzanadra nodded.
Meanwhile, Zaros asked, "Master, what are you planning to do? How can we bypass the Phori-Khanu disagreement?"
Tsugon smiled. "That's the beauty of it. When Thaduka bestowed magic upon you when you were a baby..."
"How did you know it was him?" Zaros interrupted.
Tsugon frowned. "He was my brother. I recognized his magical signature the moment you walked through my door." Zaros cast his eyes downward. "Anyway," Tsugon continued, "When he did that, he partitioned off a part of your soul. If he had placed his Phori magic into your normal human blood, you would have washed yourself clean of it after a while. This way, it festered within its small share of your spirit and replenished itself, allowing the supply in your bloodstream never to run out. What I propose is that I fill the remainder, which I guess is around half, of your soul with my own Khanu magic. That way, you can control the side of your soul that you tap into during battle and choose your magical style. You can have both, but remember, you must keep only one type in your blood at one time. Otherwise, you will be defenseless."
Zaros remembered the strange second statue in his mind. That must have been Thaduka's section. The story added up, in its own strange way. "Sounds good," he replied. "When do we start?"

15-Jun-2009 05:27:34

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top