Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"General Zamorak!" yelled Kuura as he and Zaros rounded corner where Zamorak was standing guard. "There's been a disturbance in the city. An assassin that tried to take Emperor Zaros's life is trying to escape."
Zamorak scowled. "I assume Spyridon and Akthanakos are already on the case?"
"They are, General."
"Good." Zamorak swept past Kuura and Zaros toward the balcony. "I'll check around. Chances are, that one wasn't working alone." Zamorak brusquely opened the door and departed.
"He didn't even look at me," Zaros remarked.
"I'm sure he was concerned. He had other things on his mind."
"Perhaps."
Kuura tugged at Zaros's sleeve. "Come on, sir," he said. "We need to get to the inner courtyard."
Zaros agreed and followed him. He ran down the palace corridors, which for some reason were deserted. Had everyone gone to listen to his speech? The halls were eerie with no one walking on their plush rugs. There were no friendly hellos or good afternoons, just silence. He watched the paintings on the walls as he passed, and every portrait seemed to watch him go with their lifeless eyes.
At last, the darkness of the hallways gave way to the bright outside light as they arrived in the courtyard. The sun was not shining, but bright gray clouds covered the sky above.
"Ah," Zaros sighed. "About time. I need a bit of time to think."
"This way," Kuura offered, gesturing to a small bench on the grassy lawn beside a patch of soil with waves of flowers growing in it. Zaros smiled. Esther loved the exotic flowers; it was for her that Zaros had them put in.
Zaros began to walk over to the bench to rest when Kuura made a quick move. With precision and finesse gained through his training, he slipped a short dagger from within his robes. He made a smooth motion, and, before Zaros could even turn to see him, Kuura had taken the blade to Zaros's wrist, severing his hand from his arm.
Zaros yelled in pain, and Kuura threw him to the ground. "Now, that's better," said Kuura.

26-Sep-2008 04:12:21

punkles
Dec Member 2023

punkles

Posts: 328 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jesus, Kuura'* an idiot.
Zaros is just going to bleed all over and use his blood to strangle Kuura or something along those lines.
Kuura'* protected him for how long without knowing of this magic? God -.- lol
~~MENC

27-Sep-2008 05:31:10

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kuura'* eyes shone with malice as he stared at the fallen Emperor. Zaros clutched at the bleeding void at the end of his arm where his hand used to be. "You," he growled, his eyes burning with hatred for Kuura. "You'll pay for this."
"I don't think so," Kuura replied. Zaros didn't wait for him to finish before he swung his injured arm at Kuura. Kuura dodged, but the blood spurt from the Zaros's wound and launched at the fleeing assassin. Zaros's magic aimed with unnnatural precision, and it wrapped a rope of blood around Kuura'* neck.
"Now, you're mine!" bellowed Zaros, and he clenched his fist to crush Kuura'* neck for an instant kill. However, The blood was too soft at Kuura'* skin, so the rope broke and Kuura sailed free. "What?" demanded Zaros, stunned.
"Looks like your magic didn't work!" Kuura taunted, and then he hurled a throwing knife at Zaros. Seconds away from death, a curtain of shadow rose around Zaros and caught the projectile in midair. Then, as the shadow held the weapon, the blade sizzled and burned its way through the shadow like an acid. It fell free of Zaros's magic and to the ground, where it did no more damage.
"What's going on?" whispered Zaros. "Why can't I block those knives?" Zaros let the blood drip out of his wound and connect with the severed hand on the ground. The red strands pulled the hand back up into place at Zaros's wrist. However, as the wound sealed, it left a scar all the way around.
Zaros drew a short dagger from within his robes and bared it before Kuura. He didn't like carrying the weapon, but it was necessary due to all the unrest. "Fine, traitor," Zaros spat. "If I can't beat you with my magic, I will just have to cut you to ribbons physically."
Kuura held his blade high. "Let's go, then."
The two moved in closer, and Kuura struck with his dagger. Zaros deflected it and parried, but Kuura blocked it. They went at it for several minutes, but they were both evenly matched. Zaros had to use magic.

30-Sep-2008 04:39:57

punkles
Dec Member 2023

punkles

Posts: 328 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, my blood idea didn't work. Thanks to those knives.
What could they be made of I wonder. :@
Trash:
Keep unpleasant comments to yourself. we all love these stories, my guess is you just can't comprehend them. Why don't you go read one of those simple and unthought of "Noob Adventure" stories. They might be more your type. Illiterate and childish. :)
More adds please? :)
As Always.
~~MENC

03-Oct-2008 01:29:54

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top