Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

Iceranqe

Iceranqe

Posts: 3,148 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What is the greater good in letting saraphar kill his father and let zamorak kill himself later? (fact :P )
.................¸­­­­­­­­­­­­­­•´¨`­­­­*­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­•,¸........................¸,•*´¨`­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­•¸..................
...¸­­­­­­­­­­­­­­•´¨`­­­­*­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­•,¸...°¸.........`I Iceranqe I´.........¸°...¸,•*´¨`­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­•¸...
...°¸.........°¸...•¸ The Impatient One ¸•...¸°.........¸°...
•­­­­­­­­­­­­­­¸¸,*...........•­­­­­­­­­­­­­­¸¸,*....................................­­­­*­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­,¸¸•...........*­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­,¸¸•

21-Mar-2009 14:51:14

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros turned his burning eyes to his father, whose spectral face was impassive looking back at him. "What?" Zaros demanded. "He killed you! He sent you to your death, knowing what was going to happen!"
"But everything he did led up to this. Do you not understand my joy? I have waited so long for you to come, because I wanted to see how you had grown. You are the Emperor! You destroyed the evil Mahjarrat that plagued our world and avenged my memory. You became a god! How could I not feel pride in what you have become?"
"Father..."
"The simple fact is that Ihrba*ka knew what was right. I was a necessary sacrifice. My point is that you may be also, and this time I object to the sacrifice because you are my son. Just watch yourself, and try to protect those that are precious to you."
Zaros thought of Esther and Calina, sitting alone in the palace. He hoped he would get to see them again. The last thing he wanted was to die in this evil place. Zaros took a deep breath; the malicious rage had vanished, and he was once again in control.
The canyon had ended, and Zaros saw two figures standing in the distance. He recognized them as Azzanadra and Sliske. "They're waiting for me," he said, turning to Hasan.
Hasan looked back at him. He stopped for just a moment, soaking in all of Zaros. "My son...you are everything I wanted you to be. Do as you think is right."
Zaros nodded. "Will you remain here?"
Hasan responded by shaking his head. "I have fulfilled my duty, so it is time for me to move on. I will finally rejoin your mother in the next world. We'll meet again someday as well, though I hope it is not soon."
Zaros smiled. "Farewell." Hasan turned and walked away into the mist, his figure vanishing from sight. Zaros lowered his head and ran toward his companions.
"Zaros!" exclaimed Azzanadra as he approached. "What happened?"
"I met my father!" Zaros said, smiling.
"Why was he here?" asked Sliske.
"To help me to the end."

22-Mar-2009 04:48:34

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

The meeting again is an interesting point, and I will explain it at a later time. And sorry about the one post add; it wouldn't have been except I planned on adding another one shortly after, but that didn't work out.
Tomorrow, there will be two posts. ;)

25-Mar-2009 03:04:57 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2009 03:08:07 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

"What end?" Sliske asked.
"He said something about reuniting the brothers," Zaros replied.
"Thaduka and Tsugon?" Azzanadra added.
"That's what I thought, too. Once we find Tsugon, we need to reunite him with Thaduka."
Azzanadra lowered his head. "I don't know what to think," he said. "Ihrba*ka's clues usually mean something different than they at first suggest. Who knows what he actually means."
"It doesn't matter," Zaros replied. "It'll come to pass exactly as he said. In the end, we'll know what to do before we have to."
They continued to ponder Ihrba*ka's meaning as they continued on their journey into the depths of the Freneskaen plains. The landscape was as gray as ever, but the mountains had vanished from the horizon. The day wore on, and the plains began to develop into rolling hills of rock. They had completely left the land of Necraeda, and they were deep inside whatever insidious territory lie beyond it.
The trip was oddly quiet for a journey through the evil land of Freneskae. Then, all of a sudden, the true scope of the land returned to the group. As they passed a certain point, Sliske collapsed, falling into a crumpled heap on the cold stone ground.
"Sliske!" exclaimed Zaros. "What's going on?"
Sliske rolled around on the ground, clenching his head and roaring in agony. "It burns!" he yelled between gasps.
"Do something!" shouted Azzanadra.
Zaros reached into his magic and touched his hand to Sliske's forehead. A thin layer of ice covered Sliske like a helmet, and for the moment the Mahjarrat lay still.
Then, Azzanadra fell like Sliske had. Before the pain had reached critical levels, Zaros gave his advisor a helmet of his own. For good measure, Zaros made a third helmet for himself. "What happened?" he asked.
"I don't know," Azzanadra replied. "All of a sudden I felt like my brain was being burned!"
'Why couldn't I burn you?' Zaros heard booming through his own mind. He turned to see a faceless assailant looking at him.

26-Mar-2009 05:20:44 - Last edited on 26-Mar-2009 21:17:03 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Chapter Eight: The Brothers Reunited

"Who the-? Sliske began, but Zaros stopped him.
"What do you want with us?" Zaros asked.
'You are unwanted here,' the visitor said, again through his telepathy. He was just like the faceless attacker from Senntisten, faceless with three concentric gray rings adorning his head like a crown. 'Leave this realm immediately.'
"We do not seek a quarrel with you," Azzanadra interjected, the statesman in him taking control. "We seek only a person who is rumored to be in this land."
'This is not a land for you to traipse through at your leisure,' the creature replied. 'This is the proud land of the Xinadi, and we will not accept invasion by the likes of you!'
The creature raised his hand, and then a torrent of fire burst forth on the group. Zaros responded the quickest, raising a curtain of shadow that blocked the onslaught. Then, a hand of shadow emerged from the wall, looking to grab the monster. Suddenly, however, Zaros could not push it any farther. His attack had hit a wall of its own, but there was nothing there. The creature was repelling the attack by the full force of its mind.
Then, Zaros felt a searing pain on his back. A thick fire had burst on his clothes. The creature had started the blaze even though the shadow wall blocked them from view. Zaros flung another ice sheet over himself. Then, as it melted, the water doused the fire, leaving him unharmed.
Just as Zaros was about to make his next move, however, he heard two screams of pain from either side of him. He turned to see that similar flames had burned away the ice helmets on Azzanadra and Sliske, leaving them at the mercy of the creature's mental attack.
Even as all of this happened, it got worse. The shadow curtain had all but disintegrated. Zaros realized that the Khanu ambience of the was slowly eating away at his Phori magic, so the ice helmets weren't going to last long anyway. They would lose if they tried to defend.
They had to mount an offensive.

26-Mar-2009 05:51:25 - Last edited on 26-Mar-2009 21:16:29 by [#5AGSIZET9]

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top