Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zaros recoiled, drawing his scimitar to defend himself. Before him stood the figure of his nightmares, the monster that continued to plague the back of his consciousness to this day. Azzanadra and Sliske fell back as well, flanking Zaros on either side.
“Raldeir!” Zaros growled, tensed and ready to fight.
“Zaros,” the Demon replied. His voice lacked the same venom that it had carried six years before. It almost sounded amused. “Come, let us walk.”
Azzanadra pulled a sword of his own. “He’s not going anywhere with you,” Azzanadra threatened.
Raldeir smiled. Then, two other Raldeirs appeared out of thin air and grabbed Azzanadra and Sliske, pinning them in place. “You two are unnecessary. Only you, Zaros.”
Azzanadra was about to argue, but Zaros waved him off. “I will be fine,” he said, and then he walked across the canyon to the place where the Demon stood. Then, Raldeir led Zaros away into the cold mist of Necraeda.
The pair walked along in silence for the longest time. The only sound was the whispers of the cold wind that whistled through the valley. The strange luminous people continued to appear and disappear around them. Finally, Zaros asked, “Where are we going?”
“To the end,” Raldeir replied.
Unhappy with his answer, Zaros continued, “And what is this place?”
Raldeir sighed. “This, Emperor, is Necraeda. This is the valley of the dead.”
“So all of you are dead?”
Raldeir laughed. “You thought I was alive? You made sure that I wasn’t six years ago! All these figures are spirits of Mahjarrat and humans alike from around Freneskae and Gielinor. When a person dies, they find their way to this place.”
“Why? What are you looking for?”
“The truth.”
“What?”
“For an Emperor, you’re fairly dull,” Raldeir snapped. “It’s no wonder you need that other Demon working for you.”
“Don’t refer to Azzanadra as such. He left behind his Demon title years ago.”

03-Mar-2009 05:30:31

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
“Fair enough. To answer your question, then, this place is a cage for souls that did not discover the truth during their lifetime.”
“What truth, though?”
“If I knew, I would no longer be here. I would be elsewhere, wherever a soul goes when it passes on. All I know is that it lies at the center of my flaws. Only by digging to the deepest part of my being can I discover it.”
“So, then where are you taking me?”
“To someone that has been waiting for you. He returned from the beyond just to speak with you.”
“Okay,” Zaros replied, thinking about who it could possibly be. Then, he shuddered. It could be someone that had passed since he left Senntisten. He choked back his worry. “Why are you helping me?”
Raldeir’s emotionless expression did not change. “I owe him a favor.”
The path suddenly came to fork. Raldeir led Zaros to the left, which led directly into a rock wall of the canyon. There was an outcropping in the wall, overlooking the end of the path. On top of the rock sat another shimmering soul, the one that had waited for him. Zaros almost fell to the ground when he saw the ethereal outline of his father Hasan.
The wind blew softly across the valley as Zaros looked upon the spectral silhouette of his father. He had seen Hasan in Ihrba*ka’s replays of the past, but never had he been able to contact him. Now, his father sat above him, looking down on Zaros with love in his ghostly eyes.
“Hello, son,” Hasan said, rising to his feet and leaping from the outcropping down to the rocky canyon floor. He turned to Raldeir. “Thank you.”
Raldeir grunted. “If that’s it, I think I’ll leave,” he said, turning to walk away.
“What will you do now?* Hasan asked.
Raldeir looked back, his eyes glowing. “To fight,” he responded, and then he vanished into thin air.
Zaros stood alone with Hasan. “What did he mean by that?” Zaros asked.
Hasan showed no expression. “He is going to find his future. Now come, and let us find our past."

03-Mar-2009 05:31:12

YaYa Mann

YaYa Mann

Posts: 922 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I enjoyed them as well, but they just spawned those "Broken Promise" rants that would pop up when Jagex simply couldn't keep up with updates due to problems that couldn't be foreseen. Another effect is that they'll have more time to test for bugs, preventing things like that penguin spy bug that was abused by so many players.
All and all, I see it as a good change... To quote an acquaintance of mine: "Silly children and their entitlement complexes".
More relevant to the thread, I was expecting his father or his mother once it was mentioned he was being taken to someone (Who else would come back from the beyond?). I wonder what was so important though... I guess we'll find out! ;)

03-Mar-2009 10:38:40

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top