Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zayd began the long walk back to his room, when Kamil came upon him and said, "I finished checking your room."
"Already?" Zayd replied. "All right, then. Where will you be now?"
"I'll guard the hallway outside your chamber for the time being. But I'm going down to the kitchen first. I'm getting a little hungry at the moment."
Zayd smiled. "Take your time."
Kamil bowed and went the other direction. Zayd walked to his chamber. Maybe Kamil wasn't so bad after all. He was getting worked up over nothing. Torin was absolutely right.
Zayd entered his room and shut the door behind him. He slipped out of his clothes into his nightclothes, stretching all the way. The bed would feel good tonight.
Zayd spied a picture on the floor. He reached down and picked it up, noticing that it was a family picture of him, his late wife Dora, and his son Zhorin. The picture must have gotten shifted around when Kamil was searching. Zayd put it back on the dresser and walked over to his bed.
A glint caught his eye as he passed the window. He had no idea what made him do it, but out of sheer instinct he hit the floor.
And not a moment too soon. A crossbow bolt fired through the window, across the room, and embedded itself in the opposite wall. It was lucky, but it had gone through the space occupied by Zayd's head not a moment before.
"Torin!" bellowed Zayd. "Kamil!" But he growled in disgust. Torin was no longer sticking close to be his security, and Kamil was in the kitchen. There was no way he would hear, so Zayd was at the mercy of this unknown assassin.
As it turns out, Kamil was a lot better than Zayd expected. The man came soaring into the room, his sword bared. "Where?" he demanded, and Zayd summed up what had transpired.
Kamil looked out the window, but there was no one there. Within five minutes, Zayd's entire Guard was summoned, Torin leading them in the search. The whole palace was in upheaval. There had been another attempt on an Imperial Lord's life.

05-Aug-2008 07:15:44

[#B36CAR851]

[#B36CAR851]

Posts: 2,638 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That was short, but good. I wonder...can Kamil orchestrate an attempted assassination and then act his innocence?
That was still short :(
---
Off topic-wise, I like mince pies.
I meant stupidity as in the kind that happens without you knowing. It's all about perception :P

05-Aug-2008 10:13:46

punkles
Dec Member 2023

punkles

Posts: 328 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hmm, nice add.
To those of you saying it's short, t's the conclusion to his last add. If he went anymore he'd have to put up atleast 2 more posts in one night.
Also, to the person who suggested Kamil has nothing to do with it: Kamil helped assasinate one of Zaros' Governers, thus being thought to be a good bodyguard, he was sent to Zaros' closest friend.
Off Topic: Mince? like, meat pies?

06-Aug-2008 04:53:49 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2008 04:54:15 by punkles

[#SFYWDQCRD]

[#SFYWDQCRD]

Posts: 1,865 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bookmark!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Royal signature of heir to throne of Sparx,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(¯`•._)Mëmbër×Ïñ×Wrî†êrš×Õƒ×Rûñë§cåpë(¯`•._)
(¨`*^¤„¸¸„¤^*´¨) ¨`*^~¤~„¸1Ø7 §Î§§Ý¸„~¤~^*´¨ (¨`*^¤„¸¸„¤^*´¨)
(¸„¤^*´¨¨`*^¤„¸)LÕvÊ ©hÃñgʧ Êvʮ݆hÎñg(¸„¤^*´¨¨`*^¤„¸)
~v~ Scribe of The Amethyst Library ~v~ ©

07-Aug-2008 01:32:29

[#B36CAR851]

[#B36CAR851]

Posts: 2,638 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's a nice plot so far.
On a brighter note, has anyone here done Meeting History quest as well? It is such a sentimental story, almost made me cry and laugh lol. Guthix created magic, and now Saradomin and Zamorak as exploiting that!!
I like history about Runescape!

07-Aug-2008 10:00:06

[#HM330562D]

[#HM330562D]

Posts: 1,145 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Akak, as a proud Quest Cape owner, I can say that I have completed the Meeting History quest. The history was very nice, it's always interesting to find out what you didn't know before. Except for when it isn't, like during History classes. Or English or something. And just to get back on track, they (Jagex) hinted to another quest in the series, one where you travel into the future. They mentioned it during the final dialogue sequence with Jorral. Just wondering if anyone else noticed.

07-Aug-2008 23:17:57

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top