Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When Zaros had been a little child and Azzanadra was still his caretaker, the Mahjarrat had demanded that Zaros's domain in Set's Palace be spotless. Azzanadra was always well-kept, and he ordered Zaros to be the same. Therefore, it came as a shock to Zaros to see the shape of Azzanadr*'s domain. The room had two levels to it, with a small winding staircase leading up to a loft area. The loft was bathed in light from the huge windows, and Zaros could see a bed was up there.
On the lower level, there were dozens of small tables. The entire place was haggard; flasks filled with glowing lights of all colors were strewn all over the tables and black ash marks tarnished the marble floors.
"What the-?" said Zaros, looking around.
Azzanadra blushed. "Sorry about that," he replied. "My experiments have been a little destructive."
Zaros looked at the glowing flasks. "What are those things?" he asked, puzzled.
"Ah, those are at the core of my findings. I have been slowly tracking down the source of your magic by closely examining a sample of your blood."
"Did you find it?"
Azzanadra beckoned to the flasks. "Inside each of these flasks is a distinct concentration of magic particles, called sangions. Each flask is slightly different, and by researching them all I have discovered the bases."
Azzanadra reached over to the flasks and grabbed two of them. One had a light blue gas inside, and the other one was blood red. "Your magic is a Mahjarrat magic. The source of your magic is deep in Freneskae."
Zaros's eyes widened. "Impossible," he gasped. "I'm a human!"
Azzanadra nodded. "Yes, you are. But, somehow, you have the Phori magic flowing in your blood." Azzanadra waved the red flask.
Zaros looked it over. To think that it was in his blood...
"What's in the blue flask?" he asked.
"Khanu, the other type of Mahjarrat magic. It is the exact opposite of Phori. This is what I believe Kuura used. Sliske said that when the two mix, all magic is neutralized."

14-Nov-2008 05:03:57 - Last edited on 14-Nov-2008 05:05:00 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Neutralized?" Zaros asked. "Why?"
Azzanadra scratched his chin. "They are equal opposites. Magic as we know it is combining fundamental forces together into spells, usually an elemental energy with a source energy, such as nature. This is where our runes come in. The problem is that Mahjarrat do not need runes to activate their magic, the same way that you don't."
"Are you saying that my magic has no rune equivalents?"
"Actually, I'm convinced that your magic can be embodied with runes. That is one of the primary goals of my research. I'm only saying that your Phori base makes runes unnecessary for you. Mahjarrat magic is different than our own. Their bases, unlike our mind, chaos, and nature, are only these two: Phori and Khanu. The majority of magic, I have noted, is Phori. Mine belongs to that same class, as have every Mahjarrat we have met, with the exception of Kuura."
"Is Khanu rare?"
"I would guess that it's not, it only originates in a different area of Freneskae than what is connected to our world. It would be wrong to assume that Gielinor and what we have seen of Freneskae is all there is. Who knows where it could exist."
Zaros sighed and took a look around Azzanadr*'s lab. He saw something laying out on a table in the corner. "What's that?" he asked, reaching out to pick it up.
It was a long purple staff with a circle and cross on the end. It surged with energy, its handle warm to the touch beneath his cold fingers. Azzanadra beamed with pride as Zaros waved it before him. "That, my Lord, is a magic staff of my own creation. I had it infused with your blood, so it is a more efficient vehicle of your magic. Once I discover the rune combinations for your spells, it will be a weapon of much power indeed.
Zaros looked upon the staff, feeling odd at the thought of his own blood within it. He looked back at Azzanadra. "You're brilliant," he said with a smile.
Azzanadra beamed. "Thank you, my Lord."

18-Nov-2008 04:22:56

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top