Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kuura brought down the blade to strike at Zaros's neck. The sword was but a hair from the unprotected skin when another blade slipped in to guard the Emperor.
"What the-?" demanded Kuura, and he looked to see the young Ruari beside him protecting his master.
"You didn't clear out all his security," Ruari replied, his face contorted in a glare of rage. "How dare you raise your blade against our Emperor!"
"Ruari!" breathed Zaros.
"Bah!" Kuura spat. "I do not see him as my Emperor. He is a usurper and a murderer, nothing more. He is an Empty Lord; the true King of this Realm is Raldeir!"
"That evil Mahjarrat had no place in this world. You monsters can have Freneskae, leave Gielinor to the humans."
"You humans deserve no such right. And woe to the Mahjarrat that turn to your cause against their own kind. I hope another Mahjarrat Lord rises and eats their bones."
Ruari lifted his blade and swung, forcing Kuura to dive backwards away from Zaros. As he moved away, however, two more humans jumped out of hiding places in the small garden shrubs and struck at Kuura. One blade ripped through Kuura'* neck, the other through his abdominal cavity. The Mahjarrat went limp, and his body collapsed onto the grass.
The two humans sheathed their swords. "We got here just in time, Lord Zaros," they replied.
"Good work, Viggora, Mesta," Ruari said with a smile. Then, he helped Zaros to his feet. "Are you alright?"
Zaros took a moment, as if processing all the events that had happened in such rapid succession. "I'll manage."
Ruari sighed in relief. "That's good. We thought for a moment that we would be to late."
"What happened?"
"When word spread through the Palace of the attack, we went to the spot that Kuura told us to go to in the event of an emergency, where he said he would bring you," Mesta replied. "When he didn't arrive, we came looking, and we found you about to be beheaded."
"Thank you all. I would be dead if you hadn't come," Zaros responded.

02-Nov-2008 03:24:06

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"I simply repaid a debt," said Ruari. "Just as your father saved my life, I have rescued you."
"I'm thankful nonetheless."
"What do we do now?" Ruari asked.
"We need to make sure everything is in order. I hope that Spyridon and Zamorak have caught up to that other intruder by now. After we know the palace is safe and put it under lockdown, I need to speak to Azzanadra."
"Why Lord Azzanadra?"
Zaros recounted what happened in the battle, and Ruari was horrified. "He could neutralize your magic? How is such a thing possible?"
"I don't know, but as I think about it, I realize just how little I know about my own magic. Azzanadra may have a clue about both."
"Then we'll find him," Viggora said, and Mesta nodded. "Stay here. I think Azzanadra was out on the balcony. We'll bring him to you."
"Alright."
The two vanished, and Ruari remained standing guard over Zaros. Zaros waited for a while, and then Viggora and Mesta returned, with Azzanadra running along behind them.
"My Lord!" Azzanadra called out, panting. "They told me everything."
Zaros smiled wearily. "I'm okay, Azzanadra."
"Good. They said that your magic was useless."
Zaros nodded. "I thought you may have a clue as to why that happened."
Azzanadra nodded. "It's a long shot, but I have an idea. Come with me, I really need to show you this."
Zaros rose and walked along behind Azzanadra, Ruari following them with his sharp eyes wandering the corridors for any sign of danger. They ascended the hallways toward Azzanadr*'s chambers.
"I managed to calm the crowd, and all the people went home," Azzanadra briefed him.
"Good. I was hoping that it would blow over. And I had just got done saying everything would be okay."
"It will. Just give it time."
They arrived at Azzanadr*'s door. "So I'm finally going to see what you've been working on?" Zaros asked.
"Yes, but please don't make it common knowledge."
Zaros nodded. "Ruari, stand guard outside."
"Yes, Lord." And they entered Azzanadr*'s inner sanctum.

02-Nov-2008 04:00:03

Salireon

Salireon

Posts: 605 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Woot, adds :D
but wait, i thought viggora was one of zamorak's underlings... why's he with zaros now? it's too early for zamorak to send his men to get close to zaros - zamorak can't have planned the uprising yet has he?

03-Nov-2008 03:35:45

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top