Forums

The Empty Lord

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Posts: 3,564 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Akthanakos's face darkened. "You underestimate Zaros," he replied. "He won't be twisted by your Master."
Enakhra seemed amused by his response. "We'll see. But not for a while. You're staying here, and I'm making sure you can't leave."
"You can't stay here forever."
"Not forever, just until it's time for you to die. Until then, my old friend."
Akthanakos couldn't even get another word out before Enakhra snapped her fingers. Boulders began to fall around the threshold and the magic barrier. After the wall finished shaking, Akthanakos was left alone in a completely dark chamber.
----------------------------------------
Dark clouds began to gather in the sky around the pyramid. Azzanadra looked up in terror as he watched the mass of glowing slime tower over the structure. Finally, it had reached the peak of its growth, and it began to shape itself. Azzanadra's eyes widened as he realized what it was forming.
It was a giant version of the Emperor Zaros.
The amporphous Zaros raised his arm, and a blast of shadow emerged to bathe the pyramid. Azzanadra leapt off the platform just in time to avoid the deadly onslaught. He rolled down the side of the pyramid all the way to the base, between the two giant feet of the monster.
The giant craned his head to look at Azzanadra beneath him. Then, he spat a glob of blood on the ground. It was the size of a house, and it burst on the sand to form a wave of blood that threatened to drown Azzanadra.
Azzanadra sprinted away from the scarlet torrent, taking refuge behind one of the obelisks. The giant did not seem to see him. Azzanadra's breaths were fast and heavy, he was outmatched in size and power, and his death seemed a distinct possibility now.

14-Sep-2009 04:32:20

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Azzanadra rested his head against the obelisk. It wouldn't take the giant long to find him. His only attack that could have any chance of defeating this strange enemy was a direct lightning bolt. He looked to the sky. There were dark clouds gathering around the pyramid. That was good, but he still needed some time before he could form a storm around them.
The earth quaked as the giant took several steps around the pyramid. Not good; if he was looking down, Azzanadra would be visible in a manner of seconds. Azzanadra sent a bit more of his power skyward, and then he improvised.
Azzanadra jumped up with Mahjarrat strength to the top of the obelisk. He fired a thunderbolt at the enemy standing on the top of it. He wasn't going to fight the giant; he still aimed for one of the four traitors.
It was Damis's pillar he struck, and his aim was true. However, an instant before a blast of lightning shot through the traitor's chest, a wall of shadow formed around him as a giant shield. The lightning bounced off uselessly. His attack had gained him nothing; rather, Azzanadra was now in plain sight of the giant.
It roared and charged, sidestepping the obelisk and sending a storm of ice splashing against the stone face of the pyramid. Azzanadra surrounded himself with a cloak of electiricity, but even then he could feel the stinging ice penetrate and cut his face.
Azzanadra fell to the pyramid face and landed wrong, sending him falling all the way down to the sand of the desert. He rose quickly, wiping the blood from his various wounds, and then rolling aside before the spot around him was buried in ice.
A distant roll of thunder was audible. Here it comes...
The thunder was drowned out by another bellow from the giant Zaros. He started to fire off ice, blood, and shadow in all areas, consuming the desert floor. Azzanadra scurried within the maelstrom of attacks.

14-Sep-2009 04:32:34 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2009 02:47:09 by [#5AGSIZET9]

[#45SO12LQO]

[#45SO12LQO]

Posts: 1,182 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was just chilling on RuneScape today and suddenly I was like, "OMG! I haven't been on the forums in ages to read The Empty Lord!!!" So I come and read the awesome posts. "So um why is his power dormant?" I scream as I read it. "Why didn't Zaros kill himself to make himself powerful and how can that power be of any use if he's dead?" And what of the other races of Gielinor? I know they were seclusive but the power of man only grew in dominance in the fith age. Meaning you have kinda left out a bit of background info as to the Imcado Dwarves, Dwarves, Centaurs, Elves, Gnomes, Aviansie, Noobs, Trolls, Vampires, Goblins, Ogres, Ourgs, Icyene and Various others. Any chance as to a small info update mapping out where they are.

Finally how comes Zamorak gains the mantle after he 'kills' Zaros yet Zaros never gains his full potential?

15-Sep-2009 00:42:55

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

The dominance of man isn't going to last much longer, Toby. And I didn't really go into much detail about the other races...They don't really affect my story very much. I admit I should have tried, but by this point it's better that I leave them out.

19-Sep-2009 02:12:07

[#5AGSIZET9]

[#5AGSIZET9]

Azzanadra ran around the side of the pyramid amidst the confusion, managing to get out of range of the attacks. He clutched his left arm, feeling the blood run out in gushes. He could barely move it; one of the shadow attacks had gotten through.
He leaned against the stone wall, breathing heavily. He was near his limit. The chances of destroying this monster as well as the four traitors were miniscule. He may not make it past the next few minutes.
Azzanadra, against his will, began to feel the imprints of his long life pressing against his thoughts. Somehow, one recent question had mingled its way in.
"So, Azzanadra, have you found something to devote your life to?"
A roll of thunder sounded overhead, and suddenly the sky burst. Rain began to fall to the earth, drenching the barren desert. A desert storm; rare and appreciated.
The rain splashed against Azzanadra's face, the drops mingling with the sweat and blood that stained him. He looked around the corner of the pyramid, watching the huge mockery of his Lord. At this sight, the blood, sweat, and raindrops were joined by fresh tears.
"Yes, I have," Azzanadra whispered to his distant father.
Another thunderclap sounded as he left his safe corner and ran straight toward the giant. Azzanadra pushed himself forward, each step draining his already weakened reserves.
The giant saw him coming and fired a blast of blood toward him. The blood burst on the ground, but Azzanadra was not within its range. He had actually sped up, running faster than he had even thought possible. He felt the charge running from the sky, practically begging him to call on it. It was all ready.
Azzanadra finally reached his target. His feet sunk into the sand as he planted, coming to a halt directly between the giant's legs.
"For the Empty Lord!" he yelled, his call reverberating throughout the desert. Then, he raised his hand, and the sky unleashed its furious lightning upon the giant.

21-Sep-2009 22:01:40

Quick find code: 49-50-445-56488303 Back to Top