Forums

Mourning's end part III

Quick find code: 49-50-320-65454151

Southeaster
Nov Member 2014

Southeaster

Posts: 15,320 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.

And to address your concerns...

Ah, I didn't know that attackable NPCs couldn't be removed. But what about post quest dialogue for West Ardy NPCs besides Bravek? And what about Elena, Edmond, etc.?

(You've already done an excellent job, I'm not indicating otherwise.)

Oh, I do hope they read it. I don't want another Birthright debacle.
Runescape Forumers Discord Server

01-Mar-2014 12:30:44

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Posts: 2,424 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

And to address your concerns...

Ah, I didn't know that attackable NPCs couldn't be removed. But what about post quest dialogue for West Ardy NPCs besides Bravek? And what about Elena, Edmond, etc.?

(You've already done an excellent job, I'm not indicating otherwise.)

Oh, I do hope they read it. I don't want another Birthright debacle.

Hmm. Alright, I suppose I can add some extra post-quest dialogue for the Westies...
I’m not great at this game, but I do love quests.

01-Mar-2014 15:10:34

Spiffy
Apr Member 2020

Spiffy

Posts: 1,602 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow! That was brilliant!! After reading that, I find it hard to believe Jagex could beat it!

I also find it hard to imagine the quest in any other form now, so I hope the Jagex developers and story writers for this quest do not read this, because it may influence their development (which may not be a bad thing :P )

04-Mar-2014 16:34:48

Lopendebank3
Jan Member 2021

Lopendebank3

Posts: 2,460 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey an, u know they are talking about suggestion's of mournings end III? They are also asking about rewards, so maybe you can inspire them.

(I've supported already, else I would)
EXP is not important, it's important to have fun and play with your friends. :) - Lopendebank3

22-Mar-2014 12:33:54

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Hey an, u know they are talking about suggestion's of mournings end III? They are also asking about rewards, so maybe you can inspire them.

(I've supported already, else I would)

Yes, I know. But this thread predates that other one.
For example... Where do you think they got the name "Mourning's End Part III?" :P

And P.S.- Please don't call me "An." It's
Sao

22-Mar-2014 15:44:31

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

The more I hear Jagex's progress on Mourning's End Part III, the more I feel they're heading in the wrong direction.

-Seren's not returning.
-We won't be going into Prifddinas during the quest.
-King Tyras is Guthix-level dead.

While obviously my opinion is biased, I feel like this is going to turn into another Birthright of the Dwarves: Thinking of a reward first, (Chaos Giants/Prifddinas) then working back words.

Really, I do fear for Jagex if they don't use at least some elements of this quest.

Come on,
Mod John A.
You know that using this script will be in your best interest. Just look at the comments, your fans will love it.

Anyway, fingers crossed.

25-Apr-2014 21:36:29 - Last edited on 25-Apr-2014 21:37:50 by Any-sao

Southeaster
Nov Member 2014

Southeaster

Posts: 15,320 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The more I hear Jagex's progress on Mourning's End Part III, the more I feel they're heading in the wrong direction.

-Seren's not returning.
-We won't be going into Prifddinas during the quest.
-King Tyras is Guthix-level dead.

While obviously my opinion is biased, I feel like this is going to turn into another Birthright of the Dwarves: Thinking of a reward first, (Chaos Giants/Prifddinas) then working back words.

Really, I do fear for Jagex if they don't use at least some elements of this quest.

Come on,
Mod John A.
You know that using this script will be in your best interest. Just look at the comments, your fans will love it.

Anyway, fingers crossed.

Read some of the Lore Campfire thread, and now I'm worried.

Blood Runs Deep was heavily influenced by a player made thread, wasn't it? Hopefully the same will happen for this.

By the way, do you know of any other player-made versions of MEP3?
Runescape Forumers Discord Server

26-Apr-2014 10:08:50 - Last edited on 26-Apr-2014 10:48:12 by Southeaster

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Yes, Blood Runs Deep was supposedly inspired from a player made thread. That or several of them. I myself wrote one called "The Fremmennik Prophecy" (I am aware I misspelled Fremennik back then) that held elements I noticed in Blood Runs Deep.

And as for other player made MEP3's: I've heard of atleast two on the forums, but I've only seen one. He calls his "Dark Lord Rising." I'm really not a fan of it, as it seems very rambling, and has little to do with Elves really. But I'm a good sport, I'll post a QFC so you can judge for yourself.
Dark Lord Rising
The author of it and I got in a bit of a feud awhile back, by the way. While I'm 99.99% certain Jagex won't be using his script, I have noticed they've used a lot of his ideas for Prifddinas ("Elf City&quot ;) like a slayer master, task set, and an agility course. However I do doubt that he will be getting in his Seren Godsword and 10 mini quest sequels.
But the fact some of his ideas get into Prifddinas brings me hope that Jagex is at the very least reading our work on the forums.

Anyway, I'm currently in the long process of copying and pasting my entire script here onto my Google Drive, so I can send one big bundle of an email to
Mod John A.
My computer broke, so I'm trying recover my work here for the future. I may even print it out.

26-Apr-2014 16:01:46 - Last edited on 26-Apr-2014 16:12:49 by Any-sao

Quick find code: 49-50-320-65454151 Back to Top