Forums

Mourning's end part III

Quick find code: 49-50-320-65454151

Falcoshin

Falcoshin

Posts: 2,054 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just remember: All Elf quests up to this point take place in the fifth age . Mourning's end part III is in the Sixth. This quest isn't so much about resurrecting the Dark lord, as it just a finale for the Elven civil war. Zamorak is already back, so the Iorwerth clan shifts it's focus to the rebels once more.

Without the 5th age disclaimer on any of the quests, this isn't true at all. As far as the game's continuity is concerned, there's no reason they can't take place in the 6th age.

Incidentally it's never actually said anywhere that Lathas is Zamorakian.

24-Dec-2013 16:00:35

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Posts: 2,424 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wait, this is the first I'm hearing the Elf quests don't have the fifth age disclaimer. Why don't they? I know for a fact While Guthix Sleeps requires Mourning's End Part II to be completed. Within the Light, well, that may be considered a six'r.

And it hasn't been said he's a Zamorakian? I swear I remember it being said somewhere.

I'll go ask my lower level friends to start Plague city and such to see if they're Fifth or Sixth age.
I’m not great at this game, but I do love quests.

24-Dec-2013 16:14:14

Summerleaf
Nov Member 2012

Summerleaf

Posts: 3,313 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I looked it up.
~~~~~~~
Lathas is a closet Zamorakian.

All Plague/ Elf quests (up to and including Within the Light) are 5th age.
~(They don't have a disclaimer, but Jagex confirmed them as being 5th Age)~

Mournings End Part 3 IS going to be 6th age.

~~~~~~~
Side Note:
Jagex has also confirmed that ALL Quests before TWW are 5th Age, and ALL Quest after are 6th Age.

25-Dec-2013 20:33:44 - Last edited on 25-Dec-2013 20:44:15 by Summerleaf

Falcoshin

Falcoshin

Posts: 2,054 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lathas being a Zamorakian was an assumption made back when the only possibility for the Dark Lord was Zamorak. There is no source confirming that he actually is. Even Rune Wiki has removed all mention of Lathas being Zamorakian because of this.

None of the Plague/Elf quests have any disclaimer saying they take place in the 5th age. As far as the game is concerned, they can take place in the 6th age because of this. Just because a quest was made when Runescape was in the 5th age doesn't mean it takes place in the 5th age. It only takes place during that time if it wouldn't make sense for it to take place otherwise.

25-Dec-2013 20:46:18

Summerleaf
Nov Member 2012

Summerleaf

Original message details are unavailable.
Lathas being a Zamorakian was an assumption made back when the only possibility for the Dark Lord was Zamorak. There is no source confirming that he actually is. Even Rune Wiki has removed all mention of Lathas being Zamorakian because of this.

None of the Plague/Elf quests have any disclaimer saying they take place in the 5th age. As far as the game is concerned, they can take place in the 6th age because of this. Just because a quest was made when Runescape was in the 5th age doesn't mean it takes place in the 5th age. It only takes place during that time if it wouldn't make sense for it to take place otherwise.

Omg... Learn to read:

Original message details are unavailable.
I looked it up.
~(They don't have a disclaimer, but Jagex confirmed them as being 5th Age)~

25-Dec-2013 20:52:45

Summerleaf
Nov Member 2012

Summerleaf

Lathas being Zammy is actually in the Above the Lore Podcasts: Number 8: The World Gate,

and The 5th/6th Age stuff, is in Podcast #6: The World Event, and it's mentioned again in # 10: Missing, Presumed Death.

25-Dec-2013 21:01:46 - Last edited on 25-Dec-2013 21:02:11 by Summerleaf

Quick find code: 49-50-320-65454151 Back to Top