Forums

Mourning's end part III

Quick find code: 49-50-320-65454151

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Posts: 2,424 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the support! And this black Santa hat is Elf of Seren's, he just have it to me for a forum avatar picture. For some reason, they removed the ability to take pictures with lent items.... I’m not great at this game, but I do love quests.

23-Dec-2013 18:51:55

Falcoshin

Falcoshin

Posts: 2,054 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The only real problem with the quest I have is that it assumes Zamorak is the Dark Lord the Iorwerths are trying to summon since, with the 6th age, it completely makes the return plot thread obsolete (which should still be extended so that we know exactly what Iorwerth plans to use the temple for).

Aside from that, the quest seems eerily perfect.

24-Dec-2013 03:13:23

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Original message details are unavailable.
The only real problem with the quest I have is that it assumes Zamorak is the Dark Lord the Iorwerths are trying to summon since, with the 6th age, it completely makes the return plot thread obsolete (which should still be extended so that we know exactly what Iorwerth plans to use the temple for).

Aside from that, the quest seems eerily perfect.

I began writing this quest just a few weeks after The World Wakes was released. At the time, I knew Zamorak would be returning, I just didn't know when. That being said, I worked around the Zamorak's return issue by just not mentioning any return. I mean, even after his return, I'm sure Iorwerth would still follow Zamorak.

Another idea I had was that the Iorwerth clan doesn't know Zamorak was back. They have been pretty couped up behind the crystal wallls.

As long the dark lord isn't Sliske. :P

And "eerily perfect"? I like that one!
I’m not great at this game, but I do love quests.

24-Dec-2013 03:30:59

Falcoshin

Falcoshin

Actually, Sliske wasn't who I had in mind. According to Mod Osbourne, the Dark Lord IS a god and IS one of the more well-known ones. As such, the way I see it, there are two options: Zamorak and Zaros; the latter I believe providing more opportunities.

24-Dec-2013 04:07:33

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Original message details are unavailable.
Actually, Sliske wasn't who I had in mind. According to Mod Osbourne, the Dark Lord IS a god and IS one of the more well-known ones. As such, the way I see it, there are two options: Zamorak and Zaros; the latter I believe providing more opportunities.

I know that people believe Zaros is the Dark Lord. I believed that he was the Dark Lord. I think that Jagex wants him to be the Dark Lord. But I didn't write this as fan fiction, I wrote this for them to use. If they made Zaros the Dark Lord, the entire Elven quest series would collapse. Zarosian players would be outraged and torn between sides. The entire quest wouldn't even make sense. Why would Iorwerth convert to Zaros? Zamorak was more well known during the Third and Fourth ages.

Zaros may be the "fun" dark god, but that doesn't necessarily make him the right choice.

24-Dec-2013 06:48:02

Falcoshin

Falcoshin

Zamorak doesn't make sense either since, as far as continuity is NOW concerned, these events take place in the 6th age when Zamorak is already back in Gielinor. As such, there is no reason for the Iorwerth clan to bring back a god that is already here.

If it were up to me, the Dark Lord would be a completely new character not yet introduced as bringing in just about any existing character to fill its roll doesn't make much sense. However, as Jagex has shown us with the age shift, the direction they want to go and what makes sense aren't always one and the same.

24-Dec-2013 07:25:17 - Last edited on 24-Dec-2013 07:29:34 by Falcoshin

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

I'm not so sure a new character would fit as the Dark Lord at this point. I recall a few things mentioned throughout the Elven quest series:
-Lathas is a Zamorakian.
-One of the Tyras guards said something about "Zamorak's world."
-Arianwyn himself said that if Zamorak's world is opened, everybody dies.
Zamorak's world could be taken as two things: Daemonhiem, or Freneskae. Daemonhiem would have to be possibility because Zamorak was there, Frenskae is a possibility due to that is Zamorak's home. That makes it possible that the Dark Lord is the Freneskae creator god, but that would be starting a whole new story.

Just remember: All Elf quests up to this point take place in the fifth age . Mourning's end part III is in the Sixth. This quest isn't so much about resurrecting the Dark lord, as it just a finale for the Elven civil war. Zamorak is already back, so the Iorwerth clan shifts it's focus to the rebels once more.

24-Dec-2013 15:41:26 - Last edited on 24-Dec-2013 15:43:17 by Any-sao

Quick find code: 49-50-320-65454151 Back to Top