Forums

Mourning's end part III

Quick find code: 49-50-320-65454151

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Posts: 2,424 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
(If you chose to poison the Mourners)
Bravek: “Ah, Adventurer. I don’t know if you heard this, but the Mourners have been catching the plague themselves! I hate to say this, but it is good to see them leaving our city once and for all.”
(If you chose to peacefully work with Bravek instead of poison the Mourners)
Bravek: “Ah, Adventurer. I have good news; I am working to remove the Mourners from power! There are already some leaving the city”
(Both options lead to this)
Player: “I have this letter for you, Bravek.”
*Bravek takes the letter from you, and reads it*
Bravek: “Tyras… He was… Fighting for us? The plague? A hoax? Oh, I have been a fool… I will tell the people of Ardougne this at once. Here, take this as a thank you. I found it in the city coffers, for some reason.”
*Bravek gives you a 20,000 xp lamp for any non-combat skill over level 65*
Player: “Thanks Bravek! Glad I could help.” (Ends conversation)
After Bravek, other Plague City friends have some extra dialogue as well.
Jodrick: "Did you hear? The Mourners are leaving the city!"
Player: "I heard, in fact, I helped out a bit with that..."
Jodeick:"I'm sure you did. I also imagine it was you who discovered the plague a lie. Well done." (ends conversation)
Elena: "Player, how goes your toils to stop the Mourners?"
Player: "We did it, Elena. The Dark Elves are out of power, and West Ardougne is free of the fake plague."
Elena: "That's wonderful news!"
Player: "It is... But what of West Ardougne' future? Will it ever reach glory again?"
Elena: "That's the question, isn't it? I suppose it might, but not for a very long time... Lathas' lie scarred the city."
Player: "I see. Well, we should be proud of what we accomplished."
Elena: "You're right, Player. Good luck on your travels."
Player: "Goodbye." (ends conversation)
I’m not great at this game, but I do love quests.

02-Apr-2013 03:14:30 - Last edited on 02-Mar-2014 15:52:11 by Any-sao

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

That’s it! I hope you enjoyed it everyone! Please, leave constructive criticism!

~From the creative mind of Any-sao and Team~

All we ask here at Any-sao and Team, is to give this script a chance. Ask the players what they think of it, and I'm sure you'll get positive results.
Thank you.

02-Apr-2013 03:15:48 - Last edited on 03-Apr-2013 03:16:31 by Any-sao

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Posts: 7,043 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey!

I've read part of it now (a small part...), up to us having to find the traitor amongst the rebel elves. I'm quite enjoying the quest already! I'll finish it when I get back home. Let's hope we get to find out that Tyras is still alive and, with his aid, pwn King Lathas Ardignas and his armies. Oh, and let's hope King Arthur jumps in too, yay!

Er, I might be overexcited... :P Anyway, nice work (up till now...)!

PS. It's
Iorwerth
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. OSRS: POH ideas & RS3 minigames & achievement ideas !

Perhaps you're half right; perhaps we can't win. But we can fight.
— Zanik

06-Apr-2013 07:51:27

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Thanks for the reply! I think you'll like it a lot!

And yes, I know, it's Iorwerth. I still need to fix that... Thanks again!

Edit: sorry to spoil, but sadly, no Arthur. :( I was going to, but rumor is jagex is removing Camelot, for similar reasons to Romeo and Juliet. :(

07-Apr-2013 01:58:09 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2013 02:00:35 by Any-sao

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

I've read it fully now. It's really awesome!! I'll review it officially later today, okay? As for the rumours, I don't really believe them. Up till now, only novice quests have been reworked and King's Ransom is a really good quest. I doubt they'll remove Camelot since it has multiple quests, and they are heavily involved with the Sinclair, Kinshra and Elves storyline. But we'll see.

And yes, Exposed is a very good choice for the view of Prifddinas. :P
Bizarre Boron Fusswell, scryer extraordinaire. OSRS: POH ideas & RS3 minigames & achievement ideas !

— Zanik

07-Apr-2013 09:30:13

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Time for the review then. You will be given a score out of 100 based on my personal opinion on your quest and the review will be submitted to the database. It consists of several categories, some of which give more points than others. =) If you improve your quest based on the addressed points, I will be more than happy to rereview the quest and potentially raise the score.

Plot:
27/30

Okay, so I have to say, this is a brilliant quest in terms of storyline. From the very beginning where we have to find Lletya for Iorwerth to the honour restoration of Tyras in West Ardougne the story has kept me on the edge of my chair. Given that this is the finale for the quest series, a number of things do bother me;

- Why is Lathas still king after the quest? He may have prevented mass death in East Ardougne, but he's still evil.
- Was King Arthur even aware of Lathas trying to overthrow Camelot?
- West Ardougne. Will it flourish again?
- Is the Dark Lord Zamorak? What triggered the Iorwerth Clan to switch from Serenism to Zamorakianism and not Saradominism for example?
- How does Arianwyn ensure that Iorwerth stays in his camp and doesn't do anything naughty?
- Who was Warlow? Can Arianwyn tell us he was an infamous mercenary spy who led the elven troops that assaulted Zamorak's scout party (the one mentioned in The Firemaker's Curse where Zamorak poisoned Char)? :P

I think all of these question can be easily resolved with some post-quest dialogue with Lathas, Arthur, Elena, Iorwerth...

One more thing; when Arianwyn welcomes Finda to the Galarpos Cave, he refers to her twice as Kelyn. I assume this is an oversight?

Other than that, extremely well done.

Logic:
22/25

Everything really makes sense in the quest. However, I found it slightly strange that the Iorwerth elves see a mourner jumping out, entering then running out of a building that explodes seconds later. You'd think they'd accuse you, right?

Continued on next post.

— Zanik

07-Apr-2013 14:24:39 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2013 14:38:29 by Lord Drakan

Lord Drakan
Sep Member 2010

Lord Drakan

Also, what happened to the Elven Protestor and the rally he was supposed to invoke? Perhaps you could have Iorwerth shout for more guards during the final confrontation, to which someone informs him that the men who aren't fighting in the north are being held up by protesting citizens with weapons, with as a result that Iorwerth desparately summons the Crystalline Shapeshifter.

Finally, it's fairly strange that Iorwerth's men don't really care about the combat triangle and simply attack. The fact that you also have a catapult and 5 dwarven cannons makes the Mobilising Armies thing quite easier than the battle against Warlow and his men. Perhaps add a battalion of Iorwerth archers to the Prifddinas wall which attack you as your troops draw near, and have Iorwerth's men retreat to the wall when they reach low health to keep things interesting. =)

Mechanics:
20/20

I'm giving you the full whack here. Really original puzzles and fights and everything seems to work well. The light puzzles are surprisingly unique, given the large amount that already exists, so I'm giving you credit for that. Kudos!

Balance:
10/10

As I said, the Mobilisiing Armies thing doesn't seem as hard as the Warlow fight. I already removed a point for that from logic, so not punishing you twice.

Aside from that, an excellent mix of dialogue, thinking, doing stuff yourself, combat and puzzles. The puzzles are very very nice and the Mobilising Armies thing is a brilliant idea.

Also, you killed Tyras. I will murder you for that. =3

Contributions:
5/5

Good rewards, and a nice delivery task to go with it. I had expected a new crystal weapon though, but hey, we got access to Prifddinas! (and an achievement diary, apparently)

Appeal:
9½/10

Thinking: 3½/5
Elements of non-obviousness are often absent in recent quests, but this had some very good moments where you had to think. Still, giving away DLR might be

— Zanik

07-Apr-2013 14:36:16

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Thanks for the review! But I thought I'd clear some things up:
I suppose I should throw in that Lathas remains king, because he did bring success to east ardougne.
No, west ardougne is hurt too badly.
Iorwerth and the mourners are still at west ardougne and the camp because they have nowhere to go!
Arianwyn now controls prifddinas. I don't think iorwerth's small gang of elves could hurt the crystal city too much!
Yeah, dlr did kind of give it away. But I didn't want people to keep changing spell books for a "poison waste teleport" that didnt exist.
Yes, I did mean Finda, and not kelyn. I thought I fixed all those typos.
Yes, I suppose I could change around the mobilising armies encounter. It's just hard for me to "write" strategy.
Supposedly, the elf achievement diary rewards the crystal halberd.

I'm glad you liked it!

07-Apr-2013 17:10:44

Any-sao
Dec Member 2020

Any-sao

Oh, and the Warlow thing... I just made that character up. Warlow is welsh for "warlock". He's just a well-trained Elf.
The Iorwerth clan converted to Zamorakianism due to Seren asking them to stop fighting in the god wars. They remained in the war, and killed in her name. When they lost the war (when Guthix awoke), they returned to prifddinas, with a new, dark nature. I believe Seren explained this in the quest, when she was in her cave.

Now, lets see if I can make a Mourning's End Part III musical...

07-Apr-2013 17:44:46 - Last edited on 07-Apr-2013 17:54:28 by Any-sao

Quick find code: 49-50-320-65454151 Back to Top